HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 2:01 PM
The Vomit Bag.

As if I wasn't "Tired" enough of these Turkeys

Jilted by voters, four London politicians charged taxpayers to put new tires on their personal vehicles as they left office

LFP

Quote:
In the weeks after losing their re-election bids last fall, four city councillors charged taxpayers to outfit their personal vehicles with new tires, just-released expense records show.

The expense claims, made public in records reviewed this weekend by The Free Press, indicate a quartet of London politicians — Joe Swan, Sandy White, Bud Polhill and Stephen Orser — had their wheels upgraded in the period between their Oct. 27 election-night defeats and Dec. 1, when they formally left office.
No wonder the tires came off Orchestra London. Talk about a Swan Song.

London city councillors bought tires from fellow councillor Bud Polhill

Quote:
Three council members looking to buy new tires on the taxpayers’ dime after losing the election, but before losing their perks, all went to fellow Fontana 8 member Bud Polhill’s auto shop.

Polhill bought himself a set of new tires, billed to the taxpayers, from his shop.

Documents obtained from city hall Monday reveal that:

--Stephen Orser bought four tires at $160 each from Bud Polhill Automotive, also known as Bud’s Place, Oct. 30, 2014

--Joe Swan bought four tires at $195 each from Bud Polhill Automotive Nov. 20, 2014

--Sandy White bought four tires at $114 each from Bud Polhill Automotive Nov. 6, 2014

– Bud Polhill bought four tires at $149 each from Bud Polhill Automotive Nov. 18, 2014

The total bill for taxpayers, paid to Polhill Automotive, was about $2,866.
I can't fucking stand this guy. He thinks that he is King Shit of Turd Mountain:

ctvnews

300 lbs of shit.

londonyodeller

Quote:
“This is Councillor Stephen Orser, I just looked at your crap on the internet about me.”
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Last edited by MolsonExport; Feb 25, 2015 at 2:12 PM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 2:21 PM

Joe Swan, Sandy White, Bud Polhill and Stephen Orser. All on the gravy train. Thank you very much for posting this (and for the puns), MolsonExport.

Christ almighty, Polhill is some kind of piece of work. If he knows the "optics" are bad, don't do it. Optics are half of it. Is this a conflict of interest, or an abuse of perks? I have no idea. It could definitely be perceived to be such.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 3:11 PM
User Registered

If they did this, I'm curious what else they may have done between their election defeats and their last day in office.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 3:15 PM
arf

Wow. If I was a London resident, I'd be moving to have them pay back the money in full and have to work 300 hours of community service.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Feb 25, 2015, 10:22 PM
Sanity merchant

Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser

sigh, that felt good

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 5:01 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K85 View Post
Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser Fuck you orser

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 5:04 PM
The Vomit Bag.

In other news, Flat Earthers somehow still get elected.

'I don’t believe in evolution': Tory MPP Rick Nicholls

LFP

I don't believe that mentally-retarded and/or extraordinarily and willfully ignorant people should hold elected office, on account of their inability to understand science and/or extreme poor judgment, respectively. Or at very least, demonstrate enough intelligence to keep your asinine personal beliefs, when they are contradicted by overwhelming evidence, to yourself.

On a side note, his face reminds me of that Nazi in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

wnd

gifsoup

Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
In other news, Flat Earthers somehow still get elected.

'I don’t believe in evolution': Tory MPP Rick Nicholls

I don't believe that mentally-retarded and/or extraordinarily and willfully ignorant people should hold elected office, on account of their inability to understand science and/or extreme poor judgment, respectively. Or at very least, demonstrate enough intelligence to keep your asinine personal beliefs, when they are contradicted by overwhelming evidence, to yourself.

On a side note, his face reminds me of that Nazi in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

wnd

gifsoup
After looking at the comments on the Facebook page of the Chatham Daily News, I can't say I'm surprised this clown got elected in that riding. That's how democracy works I guess.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 3:37 AM

Why in the hell did Bud Polhill buy tires from his own fucking shop?? & How come these 4 fucking clowns aren't getting charged with shit? I mean, if Joe Fontana can get charged with taking $1700 from the taxpayers, they should all be charged for taking $2688..

Old Posted Mar 4, 2015, 2:05 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Tire-buying scandal prompts city councillor to seek tougher expense rules​

no shit, Sherlock.

I despise Stephen Orser.

People should boycott Bud Polhill Automotive

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 2:08 PM
The Vomit Bag.

lfp

just because.

Old Posted May 13, 2017, 12:48 AM

Quote:

lfp

just because.
He looks like Mr. Burns.

Old Posted May 13, 2017, 1:31 AM

Quote:

lfp

just because.
I saw him at the BRT PPM at, well, the Bud. Only 8 buses a weekday pass by Polhill Automotive.

Old Posted May 30, 2018, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground100 View Post
I saw him at the BRT PPM at, well, the Bud. Only 8 buses a weekday pass by Polhill Automotive.
He’s running for election again (as a councillor), and his website’s homepage makes an incorrect claim that he wanted to move London’s city boundary. It was in fact the urban growth boundary he wanted to move.

Old Posted May 30, 2018, 4:33 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Why is Tire-man running again, when I am so tired of that man? I guess he needs to sell some more tires to outgoing counselors when their terms are up.

Old Posted May 30, 2018, 4:34 AM
The Vomit Bag.

I heard that tub of goo Stephan Orser is also angling to be back in politics.

Old Posted May 30, 2018, 3:34 PM

We need new faces in local politics, I agree these old turkeys should move on.

Old Posted May 30, 2018, 10:07 PM

Orser is running for Mayor. Says he made some money as a day trader since he was voted out, so now he knows how to run the city. Bring on the back yard chickens

Old Posted May 30, 2018, 11:14 PM
Sanity merchant

Day trader? I think he is meaning competitive ring ding eater

Old Posted May 31, 2018, 1:29 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K85 View Post
Day trader? I think he is meaning competitive ring ding eater
He is very good at ring-ding eating. Naturally he would be a great mayor.

I can't stand the guy.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy