HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Today, 2:09 PM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
IIRC there are no plans to demolish the church itself, Instead they plan to demolish the former school on Robinson Street. This is directly related to their planned new building on Fifth though - which will replace much of Lot A, causing them to relocate some of the surface parking to Robinson Street.
Not sure I'm in favor of razing that school and replacing it with surface parking. I'd favor a parking structure there, but I'm sure such a structure would have to be fairly tall if you're going to accommodate up to 100 spaces once that surface lot along 5th is developed. It's a challenging parcel given its size as well as the terrain.

Old Posted Today, 3:55 PM
World Class City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy1983 View Post
PG article about the two buildings on the Boulevard and the two on Market St. I think the Market St. buildings should be saved. If I read the article correctly, the buildings at 212 and 214 Blvd of the Allies are not only not as historically significant but they're also in rather deplorable condition with buckling floors.

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/201901160095

Correction... It looks like the Froggy's building is one of the ones on Market. If that has sagging floors that's rather unfortunate!!
This property owner sounds like a real ass and is typical of the arrogance of people who have no appreciation for anything but the almighty dollar. His last quote insulates that he see nothing other a recklessly managed night club as "F*U!" to anyone who would like to see the property saved. I dont give a S* about buckling floors that is BS! With today's construction methods there is a way to preserve the shell and do something dynamic with it. Look no farther than directly across the street to how beautifully a building of the same era can be re purposed in a way that sensitive to the context of the original structure.

I hope PHLF can step in with some cash along with their promises to make something special out of that building. I really feel that that section of market all the way down first to the Holiday Inn Express they are building has potential to be a quaint little pocket of retail, office and residential that could be branded and marketed to be a destination just like Market Square on a smaller scale.

For the record though i dont think im as attached to Papa J's on B of A as I am froggy's since i feel the magic is really going to happen along first and market and perhaps a meaningful new infill development could take place along Bof A that would include the poorly managed surface parking adjacent to it.

Old Posted Today, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebarbaro View Post
Further details on the plans for Station Square and South Side Works...

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/201901170064
We're a lot of people getting shot and raped at those places? I think that has a lot more to do with it than no one "shopping" lol! Stores are up galore here in the North Hills and are showing no signs of going away too!

Old Posted Today, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucka View Post
OPDC is hosting a public meeting on January 23rd about Walnut Capital's planned office building at 3342 Fifth Avenue. Here is the rendering:

LOL, I love the leftist hypocrisy of this place! I bet a billion dollars that if that was built here in Hampton or Cranberry, you leftists would call it an abomination and ugly!

Old Posted Today, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucka View Post
Here are the images:

LOL yet another example of a beautiful building that if it was built here in Cranberry or at SouthPointe, all of you would hate it! What a joke lol. It looks no different than what we have here in our pretty suburbs, but since it's in the hood, yinz love it!

Old Posted Today, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
The Troiani Family can collectively go suck a dick, what a bunch of shit. I was just about to go to sleep but now my fucking blood is boiling. These buildings are tired and old, they said. Wtf is this shit 1953 mentality. Hopefully the Traoini Family somehow goes bankrupt and has no option other than to sell those buildings to a developer who actually sees the beauty and value in these 1830s-60s buildings and then they end up living under a damned underpass.
PhotoLith, I could always give you a helping hand if your blood is flowing into a certain place lol!

Anyway, what's the big deal about tearing them down and building something better. I thought you leftists were all about new regulations year after year. Well, these old piles of bricks certainly don't meet them lol! They could build something great like I'm used to seeing going up here in Hampton, Wexford, or Cranberry! It's no loss in the scope of things at all, trust me. Plenty of other old buildings in the city that are falling apart to see.

Old Posted Today, 7:01 PM

Speaking of REAL development lol, looks like there's a proposal for a new housing development here in Hampton called Windmont Farms. Makes me so proud to live here! Can't wait to take some pictures once it gets started and to share them here as well!

http://www.hampton-pa.org/251/Currently-Under-Review

Old Posted Today, 7:06 PM
Leftist Correctist

^

Are you for real? Follow up question. Are you a mental patient? A child mental patient?

Old Posted Today, 7:10 PM
Leftist Correctist

A doctor who can't spell fraud. I have my doubts.

Old Posted Today, 7:18 PM
Leftist Correctist

Quote:
Pro gun and pro life tea party patriot proud of President Trump making America the White Christian country it is again!! STOP VOTER FRUAD
It's your public profile you dipshit troll.

Honestly, I don't know why I'm investing in this back and forth as the most likely explanation here is that you are someone just doing this for misanthropic entertainment. No one could possibly be as genuinely repulsive as you present yourself - well maybe besides one person.

Old Posted Today, 7:44 PM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Edge View Post
This property owner sounds like a real ass and is typical of the arrogance of people who have no appreciation for anything but the almighty dollar. His last quote insulates that he see nothing other a recklessly managed night club as "F*U!" to anyone who would like to see the property saved. I dont give a S* about buckling floors that is BS! With today's construction methods there is a way to preserve the shell and do something dynamic with it. Look no farther than directly across the street to how beautifully a building of the same era can be re purposed in a way that sensitive to the context of the original structure.

I hope PHLF can step in with some cash along with their promises to make something special out of that building. I really feel that that section of market all the way down first to the Holiday Inn Express they are building has potential to be a quaint little pocket of retail, office and residential that could be branded and marketed to be a destination just like Market Square on a smaller scale.

For the record though i dont think im as attached to Papa J's on B of A as I am froggy's since i feel the magic is really going to happen along first and market and perhaps a meaningful new infill development could take place along Bof A that would include the poorly managed surface parking adjacent to it.
I hope they can do something as well with that Froggy's on Market. I'd be in favor of ripping out most of the 2nd and 3rd floors and having a restaurant or night club occupy that with main seating on the ground level and a loft upstairs and a rooftop patio above the portion fronting 1st Ave. I'm not much of a fan myself of property owners who are dollar-chasing jackasses...

Old Posted Today, 8:18 PM
Leftist Correctist

You changed the spelling I see. And then lied about it. Clever. It took you a while to respond though. Was that when your mom brought you down a sandwich for lunch and a glass of kool-aid? Apple sauce too?

Old Posted Today, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Various replies to the troll
Report and move on. They will take care of it.

Old Posted Today, 9:13 PM

Just sharing this because I'm a big fan of this Philly area brewery, and it's coming to Pittsburgh! I encourage you all to check it out when it opens.

Sly Fox Brewing Co. is opening a pub in The Highline, and a Downtown satellite this fall

Quote:
This fall, the eastern Pennsylvania-based brewery will open a nearly 6,000-square-foot location on the South Side.

Sly Fox will occupy a space in The Highline development, formerly known as the Terminal Building, on E. Carson Street. The company, which annually produces 22,000 barrels of beer, will use the site as a brew lab to test experimental batches and create one-off beers suited to the local market.

A smaller satellite pub will open Downtown, in an as-yet-unannounced location.

“Why Pittsburgh? Why not? It’s a really cool place,” says John Giannopoulos, co-owner of the brewery. “It’s a metropolitan area and where there’s more people, there’s more beer.
https://www.nextpittsburgh.com/lates...ite-this-fall/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations