HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Apr 23, 2009, 11:00 PM
Dr Morgan, AME

Calgary Flames Injuries

I'm too embarrassed to post this question on Calgarypuck where it's probably old news, so I'm going to put this out to the urban planning nerds:

What exactly is going on with Calgary's defensive injuries? Specifically, are Regehr and Giordano going to be back, or are they both pretty much done for the season? Does anybody actually know?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2009, 11:13 PM

I don't think anyone knows for sure, as teams get very secretive near the playoffs. The speculation I've seen on Regehr is 2nd round at the earliest, and it's a lower-body injury of some sort (ACL or MCL possibly). Giordano had surgery (shoulder I believe) and is likely out for the season. Sarich is playing with a brace on his foot, and although he's been doing very well, I understand it limits him a bit.

A growing concern for me is the forwards. Who knows if we'll see Langkow, Bourque, or Conroy again next game or even the rest of the playoffs. Andre Roy got himself suspended for next game which isn't really a concern, other than he's a warm body that can fill a role given the injuries. There's guys who can step in on defense (Eriksson, Pelech), but the guys who can fill in on forward are limited. In a playoff situation, I would be wary of anyone stepping into the lineup after Lundmark.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2009, 2:20 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Robyn's got hisself an ACL break. I'd be very surprised if we see him this season, but mostly because I don't give this team a hope in hell of making it out of the 1st round.

Gio is done for the season, period. The Flames have been saying that since just about day 1 - at least until the playoffs when they just clam up about everything.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation