HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 12:57 AM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
TYT's take on this

Video Link
Anyone else not able to get the audio on this working?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 12:41 PM
The Vomit Bag.

I suppose now that Osama, Saddam and Moammar are gone....

Quote:
Rob Ford named ‘worst person in the world’ by Keith Olbermann

“Toronto’s Rob effing Mr. Ford, the mayor of this effing city, today’s effing worst person in the effing world.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/10...ith-olbermann/

Somebody throw Rob-fucking-Ford a life-saver. The guy is drowing in a pile of poo of his own making.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 1:28 PM

So I wonder how many Marge, Warrior Princess + CBC Crew costumes are going to visit Rob's house tonight?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 2:47 PM
gettin' rich!

911 - Emergency Response, better make sure they have all hands on deck tonight. It's gonna be wild.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 3:53 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Going viral already.

Joeydevilla.com

Gruesomeviews.com

Release the damned 911 call tapes already. If Ford is correct, then doing so will put this whole mess behind him. But of course...
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 7:01 PM

I just saw the clip on the news. I can't say I think very highly of Ford as a Mayor... but I'm with him on this one. I'd be pretty damn irritated if that woman barged onto my property and proceeded to be as annoying as possible, and it was all being filmed. It's one thing to bug a politician in public... but I think everyone has the right to privacy at their private residence. And I really don't give a shit if he used some "offensive" language during the 911 call. It wouldn't matter at all if anyone else did that. I mean, do you think Nenshi never swears over the phone or something?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 7:08 PM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floobie View Post
I just saw the clip on the news. I can't say I think very highly of Ford as a Mayor... but I'm with him on this one. I'd be pretty damn irritated if that woman barged onto my property and proceeded to be as annoying as possible, and it was all being filmed. It's one thing to bug a politician in public... but I think everyone has the right to privacy at their private residence. And I really don't give a shit if he used some "offensive" language during the 911 call. It wouldn't matter at all if anyone else did that. I mean, do you think Nenshi never swears over the phone or something?
It's not the swearing that has people upset, it's his misguided sense of entitlement that is pissing people off. (and the lying about the kid too!!)

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM, YOU BITCHES????

I'M ROB -FUCKING FORD????

THE MAYOR OF THIS CITY????? WTF??

Just because you're mayor your entitled to special treatment by emergency responders?

Give me a break.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
It's not the swearing that has people upset, it's his misguided sense of entitlement that is pissing people off. (and the lying about the kid too!!)

DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM, YOU BITCHES????

I'M ROB -FUCKING FORD????

THE MAYOR OF THIS CITY????? WTF??

Just because you're mayor your entitled to special treatment by emergency responders?

Give me a break.
Well that I can get behind. And, given the sort of person he seems to be, I'm not at all surprised. Still, the only criticism I've been seeing of that "incident" has been of him swearing. It always bugs me when someone in the public eye is caught swearing or generally being human and imperfect (getting slightly drunk, smoking weed, or something harmless), and everyone blows it completely out of proportion and they have to release some ridiculous apology, as if what they did was akin to punching a puppy or something.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 7:42 PM

I'm now told the media made up the entire phone conversation. I wouldn't be suprised either way.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 7:43 PM

The criticism is about the person holding the top position in our city's government showing how much of an unprofessional buffoon he is.

No mayor should 1. Overreact this badly to a comedy act that has been around for 20 years and 2. Abuse his city employees like that.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2011, 8:53 PM
¥ ¥ ¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by floobie View Post
I just saw the clip on the news. I can't say I think very highly of Ford as a Mayor... but I'm with him on this one. I'd be pretty damn irritated if that woman barged onto my property and proceeded to be as annoying as possible, and it was all being filmed. It's one thing to bug a politician in public... but I think everyone has the right to privacy at their private residence.

Perhaps if the Fords ran a more transparent administration and would actually talk to the media (beyond the Sun) it wouldn't have come to this.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 1:08 AM
Torontonian Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I suppose now that Osama, Saddam and Moammar are gone....

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/10...ith-olbermann/
I can't believe this asshat would pick some bumbling Canadian mayor as the Worst Person in the World when people like Robert Mugabe, Kim Jong Il and Than Shwe are still hanging around. What really gets me is he has the gall to criticize Beck for being an ostentatious dipshit (which he is) only to turn around and do the exact same thing, only this time with a Liberal spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin View Post
Perhaps if the Fords ran a more transparent administration and would actually talk to the media (beyond the Sun) it wouldn't have come to this.
Kinda like how McGuinty dodges the media every time there may be serious questions (remember the Mississauga gas plant)? Anyways, the Fords don't like talking to the media because whenever they're not saying something stupid, the media will just distort it anyways, as Bill Blair just pointed out.

Last edited by Wharn; Nov 1, 2011 at 1:41 AM.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
So I wonder how many Marge, Warrior Princess + CBC Crew costumes are going to visit Rob's house tonight?
Rob Ford doesn't seem like the kind of guy to allow trick-or-treaters. His house will be the one with all the outdoor lights turned off and no decorations. Every neighbourhood has one of those.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 2:02 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^that's because he already ate all the halloween candy.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 6:44 AM
ARTchitecture

Ford is a goof and a moron. He started freaking out and screaming "do you know who I am? blah blah" as if he's something. He would be nothing without the people that support him.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto