HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Gezhouba International Plaza in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Wuhan Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 8:38 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

WUHAN | Gezhouba International Plaza | 733 FT / 224 M | 50 FLOORS

Renders

Construction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
By fanzhetao

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 8:53 AM
low life in a tall place

I quite like this one. Wuhan is booming-- 13 supertalls planned / U/C!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 4:45 PM
TL;DR

1WTC + Devon Headquarters = Gezhouba

Old Posted Feb 18, 2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
1WTC + Devon Headquarters = Gezhouba
to a tee. exact only taller. at least they are copying a nice tower.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2009, 3:43 AM
them bones

Not bad!

Old Posted Oct 11, 2009, 7:37 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Nice shape and lines.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2009, 8:23 AM

classy but not simple, i like it

Old Posted Dec 31, 2009, 10:26 AM
▓▒░

I like the International Plaza logo, it has pizzaz!

Old Posted Dec 31, 2009, 11:24 AM

First render looks like the little brother of the Shanghai WFC, without the hole .

Old Posted Dec 31, 2009, 6:02 PM

The height figure and the floor count don't seem to add up.
Either each floor is over 5 m tall or the building has a huge hollow structure at the top.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2009, 7:21 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
The height figure and the floor count don't seem to add up.
Either each floor is over 5 m tall or the building has a huge hollow structure at the top.
I think your math is off. I am getting about 16.7 ft /floor. Are you sure you are using the correct conversion factors?

-sb

Old Posted Dec 31, 2009, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
I think your math is off. I am getting about 16.7 ft /floor. Are you sure you are using the correct conversion factors?
16.7 ft is over 5 m.
Don't you think that's huge ?

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 2:14 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
16.7 ft is over 5 m.
Don't you think that's huge ?
The 16.7 average per floor takes into account mechanical floors, and above ceiling MEP's. In addition any unoccupied upper floors. I just took the height of the building and divided it by the number of floors. More like gross average as compared to net average per floor.

-sb

Old Posted Dec 31, 2009, 7:25 PM
Ω

China takes the tower-in-a-park concept way too far. Bad urban planning.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2010, 5:09 AM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
China takes the tower-in-a-park concept way too far. Bad urban planning.
How is that bad urban planning ? In this country this is just about the only opportunity there is to create a park. China doesn't need to pack more people in just in case you weren't aware.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2011, 11:55 AM
Ω

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
How is that bad urban planning ? In this country this is just about the only opportunity there is to create a park. China doesn't need to pack more people in just in case you weren't aware.
It's inefficient use of urban space. Giant roads and endless expanses of mowed grass (not a well designed park, it's going to be an empty wind tunnel). Exactly what China doesn't need.

I do, however, think the tower is quite elegant.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 2:01 AM
Headquarter: Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
It's inefficient use of urban space. Giant roads and endless expanses of mowed grass (not a well designed park, it's going to be an empty wind tunnel). Exactly what China doesn't need.

I do, however, think the tower is quite elegant.
The USA is probably the worst country in the world in terms of urban planning.

Except old cores of old cities, Everything built in the past 50 years basically involves a shopping mall, endless highways and depressive suburbia.

If I compare 2 modern cities, ( Shenzhen and Phoenix), the first is a great example of density, while the second one is giant suburbia.

You are in a really bad position to do any criticism regard chinese urbanism, considering you come from the country who invented suburbia.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 4:42 PM
Ω

Quote:
Originally Posted by graupner View Post

Except old cores of old cities, Everything built in the past 50 years basically involves a shopping mall, endless highways and depressive suburbia.

If I compare 2 modern cities, ( Shenzhen and Phoenix), the first is a great example of density, while the second one is giant suburbia.

You are in a really bad position to do any criticism regard chinese urbanism, considering you come from the country who invented suburbia.
I'm not a Phoenician. Or a surbaninite. I'm speaking as someone who understands the problems of this kind of development in an urban context (aka not suburban). Suburbia is a disaster in its own right.

America is probably the best country to look to in terms of what urban mistakes have been made. It's a shame that China appears to be not only copying them, but exacerbating them.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 5:55 PM
Urban Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by graupner View Post

Really? So no one in the US has a foot to stand on when commenting on poor urban design because decisions made in their country for the past 50 years?

He's bang on with his assessment. China is famous for providing huge set backs for their towers, and leaving dead green space in between and an un-animated urban realm. It's not being critical or derogatory, it's observation that coincides with current city planning theory.
Cities are the most extraordinary human creation. They are this phenomenon which has unbelievable capacity to solve problems, to innovate, to invent, to create prosperity, to make change and continually reform. - Ken Greenburg

Old Posted Feb 13, 2012, 5:19 AM

Yeah, suburbia sucks, what with all the clean air, room to breath, parks, and not having to share walls with your neighbors. Some people love the city, but I think in general, people are supposed to live in small groups, not staked on top of one another, having to deal with everyone's bullshit. Sorry, maybe I am just sensitive because my neighbors decided to have a party till 4 am two days in a row and were constantly up on their balcony keeping me and my wife awake when I had to get up at 7 am to work. This was never a problem when I lived out in Orion Township and my neighbors wall was 50 feet from mine.

Suburbia can be great. In Metro Detroit for instance we have several communities that have a great small town feel (Rochester, Romeo, Clawson and Lake Orion) along with larger and older communities like Royal Oak and Birmingham that have all the nightlife and excitement you could want. Sure there are plenty of tracts of big houses with huge yards in between, and those are great places to raise kids.

We have New York, Chicago, Boston and SF for those Americans who want to live stacked up on top of each other and pay twice as much for a quarter of the room. To each his own.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive