HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 7:38 PM

The old Appleby vet clinic building in Bathurst has been sold. I expected it would take longer to sell. No news yet as to what will take place there.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 1:19 PM

The north!

Bathurst

In adition to the old Appleby vet clinic being sold, the old vogue building has been sold in front of pizza delight. Thaizone’s trailer was set up at this location last year and they are looking for a franchisee in the Bathurst area, this could be a good location.

Edmundston

Preliminary plans have been released for a new international bridge. Edmundston customs station would remain at the same location, Madawaska one would be moved 400 meters so it would not be in the middle of the mill anymore. This means that the bridge would be longuer and the of course they would make it wider. Talking about possible completion in 2022.

Plan can ben seen on this link: http://www.infoweekend.ca/actualites...-sont-devoiles

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 1:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
Edmundston

Preliminary plans have been released for a new international bridge. Edmundston customs station would remain at the same location, Madawaska one would be moved 400 meters so it would not be in the middle of the mill anymore. This means that the bridge would be longuer and the of course they would make it wider. Talking about possible completion in 2022.

Plan can ben seen on this link: http://www.infoweekend.ca/actualites...-sont-devoiles
Who's paying for the bridge - Canada or the US. The new Detroit Bridge is being 100% funded by Canada to the tune of well over a billion dollars......

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Who's paying for the bridge - Canada or the US. The new Detroit Bridge is being 100% funded by Canada to the tune of well over a billion dollars......
If I am not mistaken, it will be like the Fort Kent - Clair bridge, I believe it was a even split on the cost of the bridge.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2018, 9:45 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
If I am not mistaken, it will be like the Fort Kent - Clair bridge, I believe it was a even split on the cost of the bridge.
For real, Canada's paying it all. In exchange, though, it also gets to collect all the tolls. It better be worth then.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2018, 10:59 PM

That bridge in Edmundston was built from by the same company as the current Ambassador Bridge in Windsor. Dominion Bridge Co. Walkerville, Ontario (part of Windsor). I grew up in Windsor and remember seeing that plant and the huge bridge spans they had there. I noticed the plaque on the bridge when walking across to Madawska. Thought that was pretty neat.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 1:19 PM

Heavy equipment on site in parking lot behind the Bank of Montreal in Bathurst. Looks like pile driving for now. This site is rumoured to be a second brewery for the city. It will also make a suface lot disappear.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 11:40 PM

Not seen anything confirmed from TJX but the choice propeties plan for their Bathurst location identifies Marshall’s as the tennant next to Giant Tiger!!!

So I guess thats a pretty good indication, just dont know when they will open, the other unit is still available.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2018, 1:16 AM

Brian Bowes' aerial shots of the 2 new Shannex projects in Miramichi...

Douglastown

Chatham Head

Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 5:56 PM

Pabineau First nation are the new owners of the land across Tim’s on Vanier in Bathurst. They plan to build a gas station and cultural center for now, they are also exploring food options. Should be operational by fall so work will most likely begin by next month.

Hopefully it will be open 24hrs

Old Posted Mar 13, 2018, 8:58 PM

I'm sure this one will move quicker than the old mill project!

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 5:16 PM

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickMontreal View Post
All the laid off Sears call center workers and more will have a new job! Good for the area. I figure they will also take Sears old spot in the Madawaska mall

Old Posted Apr 8, 2018, 3:43 PM

Few things for Beresford, the old tanning salon next to MJ’s on rue principale has been sold, same thing as the old Beresford market next door. Hopefully we will se something take shape by this summer!

Old Posted Apr 8, 2018, 3:54 PM

Also for Bathurst, confirmed brewery behind the Bank of Montreal. This makes a surface lot dissapear downtown yay! 13 barrel brewery should be operational by this summer.

Also the old appleby vet clinic will become Appleby medical clinic.

Also noticing that several pieces of land near poplar street off Miramichi avenue have been sold in one transaction. With the city’s industrial park nearing capacity, wonder uf the city is working on creating a second industrial park.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 12:45 AM

Job postings for manager for an AUB44 have appeared online for Bathurst. Nothing on the AUB44 but interesting none the least, that would be a first NB location for them.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 12:50 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I wonder what this means in terms of additional NB stores (at least in the north and east of the province including Moncton)?

Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 2:38 AM

From what I gather, AUB44 is the outside quebec version of their aubainerie store. The only one that seems to exist so far is the one in Orlean, ont. From what I have seen of the newer stores, which i presume will be the same for AUB44 you are looking at 15000 to 20 000 square feet so I would say that we will be more likely to see them in the larger cities.

But other than those job posting, nothing else has been seen on the website or growth strategy other than they are planning expansion outside PQ.

I think AUB44 will also take Moncton as a logical choice. I would also say Edmundston along the way would be a good contender for a store since the population is very familliar with the brand.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 3:47 PM

Downtown Bathurst is getting an infill project, 3 storey building is planned near the corner of main and King. Quattro properties plan to build a 3 story building with retail in front and lofts/offices above. Been trying to find a render but could not, they had to demolish an eyesore this week to get the project going.
http://www.iheartradio.ca/max-104-9/...urst-1.3749298
Link to article on local radio, also found an article on the Northern Light but paywall!

Mayor says other projects are in the works for the downtown area!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 7:08 PM

Belledune

Any idea what's going on in Belledune? I see the Eastern Canada Stevedoring says its expanding there with several positions available.
https://twitter.com/PortofBelledune/...ca%2Findex.php

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces