HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Apr 14, 2013, 11:38 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Exclamation Our own QueenofCochraneStreet wins Atlantic Broadcast Journalism Award!

Congratulations, QueenofCochraneStreet!

And guess what, everyone? She won for the Newburbia project, of which our SSP interview was part:

CBC N.L. sweeps 9 Atlantic broadcast journalism awards

Quote:
CBC also won the prize for digital media for its Newburbia project, which examined the growth of new development in the northeast Avalon Peninsula. The online package included interactive maps, timelines, charts, essays and other web-exclusive material that complemented a week of broadcasts for the St. John's Morning Show. The online project was led by journalists Kathryn King, Heather Barrett and Jen White and developer Peter Gosse.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...wards-414.html

Old Posted Apr 14, 2013, 11:16 PM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Well deserved, Newburbia was a great feature.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2013, 11:46 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Agreed - no matter the views of all involved, it was interesting and great just to be talking about those sorts of issues and making more of the general public aware of their existence.

Old Posted May 31, 2013, 12:17 AM

Belated thanks!

Jeepers, I've clearly been out of it because I missed this. Thank you, Signal et al. for your kind words. Newburbia also won the Jack Allston Memorial Award from the Newfoundland and Labrador Planners Association. It was nominated for a prestigious Golden Sheaf Award from the Yorkton Film Festival, which is Canada's oldest film festival. It was the CBC's official entry. In the past, the Corp has sent the Fifth Estate's multimedia features so while we didn't win, it IS a big deal to be nominated. So thank you guys for your help, you were a big part of Newburbia's success. Now, as a further thank you, here is something you can chew over. It's not in our hood, but I'm sure you have some interest: http://www.cbc.ca/nl/features/fogo/

Old Posted May 31, 2013, 1:01 AM

Woot! Newburbia was a great segment and all the awards are certainly well deserved! Keep up the great work CBC, (my go to news network!)

I saw the new section on the new fogo hotel. Very well put together CBC! The hotel itself looks fabulous! Idk why we can't get that quality of architecture here in the city! It's definitely going to benefit the community and draw alot of tourism to fogo. I've already seen a few national and international articles about it online. It truly is a work of art and CBC does a great job of promoting it

Old Posted Jun 1, 2013, 11:32 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

I saw it - it is AMAZINGLY well done! I love that it's most pictures. (I'm not the derpy type who only likes picture books, , but for a subject like this, all the pictures help).

That hotel is just so cool. I hope it's a big success. And I hope it inspires more interesting and Scandinavian architectural designs in St. John's.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's