HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 6:47 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanGrad View Post
Based off this rendering, it looks like that is the tree podium at the top left corner of the park.

I don't know how I overlooked it before, but it appears from the rendering that they intend to restore the long-gone Bulletin signage?!? Interesting considering that the facade itself will have gone through two major redesigns since the Bulletin closed.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 11:25 PM

I talked to one of my teachers at Drexel today regarding this development. Her husband works for the firm designing this project. The Bullitein Building WILL have a screen fronting 30th street. It is likely that when it is not in use for a sporting event or a movie it will have some background and display the original Bullitein logo on it. The rehab is expected to start in the first half of this year. They are looking to start 3003 JFK by the end of the year. Apparently John Fry really wants this to happen.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I talked to one of my teachers at Drexel today regarding this development. Her husband works for the firm designing this project. The Bullitein Building WILL have a screen fronting 30th street. It is likely that when it is not in use for a sporting event or a movie it will have some background and display the original Bullitein logo on it. The rehab is expected to start in the first half of this year. They are looking to start 3003 JFK by the end of the year. Apparently John Fry really wants this to happen.
Which building is 3003 JFK?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksteak View Post
Empty lot between the tracks and the Bulletin building I think. So that gold building on the right of the rendering.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
Empty lot between the tracks and the Bulletin building I think. So that gold building on the right of the rendering.
Nice, thanks.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksteak View Post
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=230614

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 6:34 PM

Quote:
screen
I think something may have been lost in translation here.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 6:39 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
I think something may have been lost in translation here.
I was thinking the same. The renderings depict a screen of the see-through sort as opposed to a video display screen.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
I was thinking the same. The renderings depict a screen of the see-through sort as opposed to a video display screen.
On the Schuylkill Yards promo video the screen is depicted as playing video.

Check it out at :15, :34, and 1:03 http://schuylkillyards.com/index.php

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 7:53 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
On the Schuylkill Yards promo video the screen is depicted as playing video.

Check it out at :15, :34, and 1:03 http://schuylkillyards.com/index.php
I'll be darned. So it's both kinds of screen. Very interesting. I wonder how well that works in real application.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 8:01 PM

I usually walk through 3101 Market to get to my classes under the Bullitein building. Today it seemed like they were doing some weird exterior work on the south side; there was a dumpster with concrete and structural elements inside. When you walk into the Market st. entrance, the corridor connecting 3101 and the Bullitein building is all that is open. Everything else is walled off with drywall. Does anyone know anything about this? I didnt think they’d be demoing it or anything for awhile, so I’m surprised to see anything at all going on.

(For clarity, I’m talking about 3101 Market, not the Bullitein Building. Interior prepping work is already well underway for that)

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 8:17 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Bullitein Building.
I think your spel-chucker is borken, as I've seen that spelling several times from you in at least 2 comments. Bulletin

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 8:30 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Nah. I'm sure he is tapping this out on his smartphone. I do the same most of the time. Spell checker doesn't work as conveniently as on the PC. He gets a pass. We know what it means.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^
Nah. I'm sure he is tapping this out on his smartphone. I do the same most of the time. Spell checker doesn't work as conveniently as on the PC. He gets a pass. We know what it means.
Correct, that post was made from my iPhone. I'll try and convince Siri of the correct spelling

Old Posted Jan 10, 2019, 1:59 PM

Quote:
That's really exciting news! The screen should help Drexel Square become a tourist attraction like the Comcast Center screen is. Even without any skyscrapers yet, this development will make a huge impact on this part of the city.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2019, 4:35 AM

Nothing important, but something interesting. There was advertising for this at Commerce Square.

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 5:22 PM

From Brandywine's earnings call yesterday:

Quote:
Our development lease activities at Schuylkill Yards, Garza, Four Points in Radnor are all progressing well. We're completing the design development process on each project and giving pre-leasing achievement could be in a position to start one or two of those projects by year-end 2019.

Just given the size, a quick update on Schuylkill Yards. We did update the disclosure in the SIP on page 15. Design and pricing work continues at an excellent pace. We have seen a real upsurge in activity through our marketing campaign and our pipeline (ph) today currently stands at over 1.5 million square feet, including several 100,000 square feet of life science uses.

Equity sourcing discussions on Schuylkill Yards also remain extremely encouraging. To refresh everyone's memory, Schuylkill Yards is in a federal qualified opportunity zone, which has generated significant interests from a variety of capital sources, looking for both excellent real estate investments with federal capital gain deferral advantages.

The goal for Schuylkill Yards is to have the projects in a position to start over the next four quarters, of course, assuming favorable market and financing conditions. On Broadmoor, we're designing a 350,000 square foot office and retail site, as well as a residential site that can do 300 plus units. We plan to, again, subject to real estate and capital market conditions be in a position to start either one of those or both over the next four or five quarters.

Well, I think we've a good foot in the door from both standpoints. From, number one, the perspective, we've got some great relationship with some educational and healthcare institutions, which provide a clear pathway into helping them grow their businesses. And then with Schuylkill Yards, for example, we have bought on a life science, a co-developer advisor with Longfellow Partners who has tremendous technical knowledge of the life science field.
https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-t...ngs-confe.aspx

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 6:26 PM

2019 just seems to be a great year for Philly so far.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2019, 7:06 PM

Some Schuylkill Yards news in this article:

Why Brandywine Realty passed on buying 1735 Market

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...35-market.html

Quote:
To that end, all signs point to Schuylkill Yards progressing this year. The company is working on pricing and design of the 5-million-square-foot innovation neighborhood that will be developed in phases. Tenant interest is strong and the company is trying to lock in pricing on construction materials, which continue to rise. The company said it will cost an estimated $600 a square foot to build Schuylkill Yards.

“We have seen a real upsurge in activity through our marketing campaign and our pipeline today currently stands at over 1.5 million square feet including several hundred thousand square feet of life science uses,” Sweeney said. “Equity sourcing discussions on Schuylkill Yards also remain extremely encouraging. To refresh everyone’s memory, Schuylkill Yards is in a federal qualified opportunity zone, which has generated significant interest from a variety of capital sources looking for both excellent real-estate investments with federal capital gain deferral advantages. The goal for Schuylkill Yards is to have the project in a position to start over the next four quarters, of course assuming favorable market and financing conditions.”

As part of the project, Brandywine moved ahead with Drexel Square, which involves a 1.3-acre park at 30th and Market streets. In addition, Brandywine is spending $45.3 million to redevelop the former Bulletin building. Spark Therapeutics Inc. signed a lease 107,669 square feet at the property.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
Some Schuylkill Yards news in this article:

Why Brandywine Realty passed on buying 1735 Market

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...35-market.html
1.5 MILLION square feet in the PIPELINE?

That to me sounds super encouraging. There have to be a number of major players who have informally committed to space...I would assume if that number is real, it's new entrants to the market from either other regions or the suburbs (or both).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals