HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 1:24 AM
REAL Kiwi!

Portland homeless situation

Portland and other west coast urbanites how bad is this for you? Why can't we do anything about it, is it political? West coast weather? Lack of mental health treatment? A little of all of the above.

Columbia Sportswear may close Portland office over death threats, public defecation by homeless people

Quote:
Columbia Sportswear may be the next business to flee downtown Portland after a series of frightening encounters with the city's homeless population, including car break-ins, human waste dumped by the office's front door and threats to its employees.

In an op-ed piece published earlier this month by The Oregonian, Columbia Sportswear President and CEO Tim Boyle said he is concerned he made a mistake when he opened a headquarters for the company’s Sorel footwear brand downtown, calling the situation "outrageous and unacceptable."

"In fact, I am so concerned about the safety of our employees at the Sorel headquarters that we are taking the next 90 days to re-evaluate our location decision," Boyle wrote.

Since moving the 50 employees downtown, workers immediately reported being harassed and threatened by homeless individuals near the new offices.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/27...ss-people.html

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions