HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Feb 7, 2007, 11:49 PM

(yes, i too think he looks like the dad from american pie)

Old Posted Feb 8, 2007, 6:32 AM

Awesome pics!!! Congrats from Mexico!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbee84 View Post
It seems that Calatrava has worked on his design. Those three towers look good !

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 10:11 PM

Some new pics of the 4 towers:

Current Height estimates are:

ESPACIO 224m
CRISTAL 195m
SACYR 175m
REPSOL 170m

By the way the Repsol tower wont be Repsol after all.. they´ve decided to sell it. lets see what name they come up with, any proposals?

I think most people already think of the transformer, or electric razor tower..

Old Posted Feb 21, 2007, 12:36 AM
Supertall Fan #1

I love those Calatrava towers! We hope to get at least one of his bridges here in Texas soon, that is if the maniacal and moronic Dallas City Council doesn't kill it.

Cool new pics of the Madrid towers. I sure like those buildings built at an angle towards each other....very cool!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2007, 7:41 PM

A pic from this weekend:

The torre cristal is catching up

Old Posted Feb 26, 2007, 10:49 PM

Me encantan esas imagenes. Me alegro de que Madrid vaya a tener unos rascacielos altos. Pase un ano viviendo en Madrid y lo echo de menos tanto. Espero volver este verano. Quiza en aquel momento pueda ver estos edificios magnificos.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 12:51 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityKid View Post
Me encantan esas imagenes. Me alegro de que Madrid vaya a tener unos rascacielos altos. Pase un ano viviendo en Madrid y lo echo de menos tanto. Espero volver este verano. Quiza en aquel momento pueda ver estos edificios magnificos.
Translation please?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 1:22 AM
We can kiss the sky! - MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
Translation please?
Originally Posted by CityKid They enchant those images to me. I am glad of which Madrid is going to have high skyscrapers. Pass an anus living in Madrid and I miss it as much. I hope to return this summer. Perhaps at that time it can see these magnificent buildings.

google sucks, should be something like this

I am glad that Madrid is going to have tall skyscrapers. I used to live in Madrid, and miss is alot. I am hoping to return this summer. Hopefully I will be able to see these 4 beauties then.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2007, 8:54 PM

Pass an anus living in Madrid and I miss it as much" haha that sounds so wrong.

Yeah these online tranlators are crap.. they translate word by word, you cant do that! I once translated some german to spanish with that and the result made no sense at all.

The word for year is año, that Ñ being crucial, without it it has a very diferent meaning..

anyways, another pic!:

Old Posted Mar 1, 2007, 7:46 PM

More interesting pics taken from workers on the Espacio tower:

Old Posted Mar 2, 2007, 12:24 AM
Supertall Fan #1

Very cool shots!!!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 7:07 AM
Stay Thirsty.

Echo de menos España también. Cuando estaba allá solo habían empezado construir esos torres. Ahora, ¡mira que altos son! Me encanta la foto más arriba que tiene los rascocielos en los nubes...España siempre tiene tiempo como así. ¡No puedo esperar ver esta foto cuando los terminen!

And I'll translate to save the trouble:

I miss Spain too. When I was there they only had begun building those towers. Now, look how tall they are! Moreover, I love the photo below that has the skyscrapers in the clouds...Spain always has weather like that. I can't wait to see this photo when they finish them!

Anyone know the exact height of Repsol, or "electric shaver" ? It will be the tallest building in Spain upon completion, after all.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 9:31 AM
Bionic Boogie

Originally Posted by CityKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
Translation please?
he says...he loves enchiladas, LOL,,,,happy madrid will have these tall buildings....blah blah blah, will return this summer...
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 3:19 PM
Information Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark View Post
I must be an outcast or something, I like the Repsol the best out of those towers.
Yeah was planning to tell tell same right now. I think it's a pretty orginal and cool design. I like it best to!
Althought I can understand why people hate it.
I guess we are the very minority...

It will look better when finished.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 7:18 PM

The exact height of the electric shaver will br 250m, and yeah- it will be the tallest (non com tower) in Spain for a while. Taller than that are the the valencia calatrava proposals and also plans for 300m+ towers here in Mad... but those are not certain yet and will probably take a long while to get done (Especially if we start entering recession soon as it seems.)

The Repsol tower.. to be honest i prefer the others.. my favorite I think is beggining to be the sacyr tower:

I think its very elegant.

I appreceate the Spanish guys, but I think its best to keep it in english as most people reading this wont speak it.

Gracias

Hopefully I´ll make the latest time lapse evolution video next week, its interesting how the Repsol changed from the 2nd tallest to the shortest at the moment.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 3:27 PM
Information Age

^ a ne video? Sounds good.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 4:18 PM
BANNED

Thumbs up

All comments in list.

1) The pics in clouds are perfect, imagine that from airplane, sounds me crazy having more than kilometers high. Do you have it in 800x600 to be saved?

2) I understand also Spanish but respecting all guys here, let's keep english, bad or not. Let`s not make SSP an English school for major languages.

3) I am not like the majority here, I like much Repsol, sorry, not Repsol anymore, the Philishave one. I like it, it is too square, repeating blocks and closed arc flat on top. It is in contrast with other 3 and that is good to be different in Skyline. At End this will be the most contrastant to recognize its name soon from a distance. It would be the most famous among 4, just because being different and not in resemblance like the other 3.

4) I like among 4 the espacio, that made the constructors and planners many jobs nightmare. Good that makes too jobs and they have too many work to do.

5) Good finally the thread in the right forum. So people read more. In proposals only fewer ones read.

6) nothing more to say, just kidding.

7) Great at all, keep updating us with these beauties in Madrid. I know Madrid but unfortunatly not with those towers.

8) Wait a minute more, I forget. Calatrava is great. The projects are awesome. Let's seeing to be build also. I love Calatrava architecture. Amasing. But they are also nightmares to builders and spend so much money. BTW, exist already diagrams for all Calatrava's new bldg's proposals??? I hope to and please inserted here in SSP, even it is not working well by while.

Last edited by M.K.; Mar 9, 2007 at 4:32 PM.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2007, 2:51 PM

I agree that the repsol tower is probably the most different of the four, however I think I wouldve prefered a tower that fits in better with the rest.

Even though these four towers are now by far the tallest in the city, i dont think they will steal the symbol of modern madrid from the KIO towers.

Even though these towers aren´t that big, at 114m, they are the first slangted towers in the world and have a truely unique design.

Yesterday I was casualy flicking through TV channels, and put on the discovery channel- and I saw the Espacio tower! So i popped in a vcr and taped it, so in the next few days i will put part of that up on youtube. The expanations and diagrams given are very good.

I will soon update the timelapse video too as I said.

For now, I leave you with an advert for madrid metro I really like, where the viewer goes underground madrid and looking up everythings transparent, seeing madrid from below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrcZiYedePw

Old Posted Mar 12, 2007, 12:39 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLG Allstar View Post
Originally Posted by CityKid They enchant those images to me. I am glad of which Madrid is going to have high skyscrapers. Pass an anus living in Madrid and I miss it as much. I hope to return this summer. Perhaps at that time it can see these magnificent buildings.

google sucks, should be something like this

I am glad that Madrid is going to have tall skyscrapers. I used to live in Madrid, and miss is alot. I am hoping to return this summer. Hopefully I will be able to see these 4 beauties then.
lol thanks

ps: sorry i took so long, i havent been on this thread recently

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive