HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 14, 2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve61 View Post
Relative to it's smaller downtown core, I'd argue that Halifax has a more extensive skywalk system than either Toronto or Montreal.

Trash talk on a "skywalk" thread. Wow.
LMAO....us and our three tunnels/skywalks beat T-dot that would be priceless.

Well if we're talking trash. I have to ask who needs such big garbage cans? My family (five people normal size) goes through one small garbage can a week and since collection is every two weeks we only put out two a collection. Compare that to the three bags of paper per week, one massive green bin (bigger than the garbage cans) every two weeks and the massive blue bag full of recyclables every week. I don't how someone could fill up something that big of just garbage.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2009, 10:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfanman View Post
I'm honoured that you've offered to educate me, I can finally quit school and stop travelling!

One thing though, you may want to visit Texas sometime before you begin making assumptions about it.

Been ther done that(Texas).

You know if I was to come on here and state a fact that somebody wants to correct me on I would be glad to given the information. Better to be corrected or enlightened so I can learn rather then just be allowed to ramble on stating false information where I and others learn nothing. But if we are to have it your way, all the forumers on this site should just shut up and except all post as being true and factual, don't ask questions and except things at face value.

Hey habfanman, Santa is real, he lives in Ottawa and supports the Canucks. Also he's Gay and plans on getting married to this Easter Bunny this summer here in Toronto. Don't look into it, you read it online, don't follow your gut, what you know, or common sense, just except it as fact since you read it on here from another forumer.

Back on topic, does anybody have a link or picture of the double decker pedestrian bridge at the TD Centre in Toronto? It's really tugh to find a image that you can re-link here.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2009, 10:21 PM

Why don't you guys create a "Great Canadian underground pedestrian networks" thread on which you can continue this argument? Better yet, just PM each other.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2009, 10:32 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ View Post
I don't how someone could fill up something that big of just garbage.
Other then the Mafia, I don't know who would need one that big either. And if they only collect it every two weeks just imagine the smell mid summer.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2009, 10:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild wild west View Post
Why don't you guys create a "Great Canadian underground pedestrian networks" thread on which you can continue this argument? Better yet, just PM each other.

It wasn't about the underground, it was about being shot down for correcting facts.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2009, 10:44 PM
BANNED

Finally found one, this bridge is Double Decker and connects the TD Tower to the Wellington Tower ( I believe). It's located on the 7th and 8th floor.

Source http://farm1.static.flickr.com/42/11...8f977848_o.jpg

Old Posted Jan 14, 2009, 11:43 PM
Registered Loser

hot shot

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:20 AM
high expectations

sexy

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:29 AM

what is the highest one in canada?

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:31 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewToronto3D View Post
According to RÉSO sites such as ( http://www.aviewoncities.com/montreal/reso.htm ) and other RÉSO links easily found online or linked through Wiki, Berri-UQUAM and Guy-Concordia are indeed sections of RÉSO adding to it's total length.

P.A.T.H. may only have a hand full of subway connections but that just goes to show how massive it is. As stated before if P.A.T.H were to include disjointed section like RÉSO it would be the largest hands down. At the moment as a single connection of tunnels Guiness recognizes it as the worlds largest underground complex. And as I stated in my last post. As soon as our new buildings come online P.A.T.H will blow RÉSO out of the water with or without including sections not directly connected to the Core section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewToronto3D View Post
It's just funny reading some peoples posts where they ad in false claims. I honestly could care less, but when it's so easy to prove somebody wrong or to educate others I can't help myself. Also left coaster, that was hardly a rant.

Guilty as charged.

Molson Export, is that a picture of you?
hey there newby, get a grip. Blown out of the water? And you...don't care? I am not convinced. Anyone?

Besides you are dead wrong either way. Have you been to Tokyo or Seoul? There is more disjointed underground city in these places than anywhere in North America. Hands-down, as you would say.

...13 posts...yet so argumentative. Smells fishy. What was your previous forum name here? Sconadian?
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:48 AM
high expectations

buddy, you gotta chill some times...

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Besides you are dead wrong either way. Have you been to Tokyo or Seoul? There is more disjointed underground city in these places than anywhere in North America. Hands-down, as you would say.
I was thinking the same thing. I cannot believe either would come close to the huge complexes around the major Tokyo subway stations. For that matter, even other Japanese cities like Osaka and Nagoya have mile upon mile of underground malls and tunnels - almost certainly more overall than TO or Montreal.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 6:23 AM
I am the law!

I really couldn't care less whose is bigger but,

"It's not that P.A.T.H. doesn't need subway connections only that there are no subway connections available. The lack of downtown Toronto subway coverage is well known: "I'm at Union. I think I'll go.. north!".
"

is pretty darn ignorant.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 6:36 AM
BANNED

I was thinking that a few years ago. The only thing I can say in favour of Toronto and Montreal are they had more room to grow underground with less technical issues to deal with. That and our climate dictated borrowing pedestrian routes under the city then in some of the larger European and Asian cities. What would be interesting to see if any other cities with harsh winters have underground pedestrian systems. I think it might be easier to find cities that have huge networks of elevated networks. Hong Kong comes to mind.

And MolsonExport, I'm not a newbie to the site. Actually you're one of my favorite forumers on here. I was forced to create a new account. Every time I logged in with my old one it would say the forum is busy and to try back later.

Somebody asked what was the highest walkway in Canada? Good question.

Here is an old one Connecting the Carpet Factory Bldg to the Current Sony BMG Bldg in Liberty Village. It's seen better days but I've heard it's going to be renovated to fit in with the restored area.

Source :ttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/75/154253708_f37c6eb508_b.jpg

The Distillery District has three. Anybody who visits T.O should check out this area if they haven't.

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/denmar/164620209/sizes/o/

Source:http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1236/...1cfdaa7f_o.jpg

Random but cool shot of the area.
Source: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3212/...09478701_o.jpg

Toronto Sick Kids has one, I think a few other hospitals on Bed Pan alley also have a few.
Source:http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricardi...07784/sizes/l/

Part of the Skywalk, thank god they built it before Roger's bought the dome. Roger's Walk, I don't think so.
Source: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3174/...c80f7b0b_o.jpg

Ryerson has 2 off hand, U of T has a hanfull, a few new and old with a lot of character.
This one connects the new Terrence Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research to an older building at U of T on the 5th or 6th floor.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/43/86...a5cf54da_o.jpg

I'll dig up more later, must sleep now.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:38 PM

Very cool pictures

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 4:50 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Somebody asked what was the highest walkway in Canada? Good question.
What about condo buildings designed with bridges ?

The TD Tower's skywalk is about 80-100 feet off the ground ... my guess, tallest in Toronto

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 5:08 PM
Beer me Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlookin' View Post

The TD Tower's skywalk is about 80-100 feet off the ground ... my guess, tallest in Toronto
My memory is sketchy, but I think the one connecting Mt Sinai and Princess Margaret hospitals is at the 16th floor level and would be well over 100 feet of the ground.

From wiki ...

Do something about your future.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 5:16 PM
lets race

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 5:17 PM
lets race

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlookin' View Post
10 Yonge/ 10 Queens quay has a 2nd floor skywalk

Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 5:19 PM
Construction Enthusiast

Temple Gardens Hotel Skywalk in Moose Jaw, SK

picture from http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4540914

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada