HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     
Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #241  
Old Posted Feb 6, 2016, 2:29 AM
The Dirt's Avatar
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Ground Scraper
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,925
Hahaha nice!

Cranes are coming.
__________________
"That emoticon is the most foolish thing you have posted in this whole thread full of foolish statements." - Cirrus
"When white people move out of a neighborhood, it's called white flight and it's racist. When white people move back to a neighborhood, it's called gentrification and it's racist. So, white people should just never move." - internet comment
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #242  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 4:33 PM
CherryCreek's Avatar
CherryCreek CherryCreek is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 821
Looks like the plans to tear down Cherry Creek Sears and at least part of the related parking structure are going forward. I like the idea of putting the through street back in. Will be interesting to see how high they go and the mix of housing/retail.



http://www.businessden.com/2016/02/1...s-sears-store/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #243  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 5:21 PM
COtoOC's Avatar
COtoOC COtoOC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO (Stapleton)
Posts: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
The creek doesn't affect the possibility of rail at all. Or at least not much. It means there won't be a median transitway down the middle of Speer, but there's no technical reason you couldn't re-purpose one of the five lanes in each direction to be for transit, and there's no technical reason you couldn't install rails and overhead wires in that lane.

There are surely political reasons why it would be hard, but they're not specific to rail in the creek either. If politics prevent you from taking a lane from Speer to use for transit, then that's equally true for both buses and trains. And if politics prevent you from using overhead wires anywhere on Speer, then that would be equally true with or without the creek.

Or you could always do this


Wuppertal monorail. Photo from Remco van den Bosch on Flickr.
Yeah, I vote for the monorail!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #244  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 9:05 PM
CherryCreek's Avatar
CherryCreek CherryCreek is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
The creek doesn't affect the possibility of rail at all. Or at least not much. It means there won't be a median transitway down the middle of Speer, but there's no technical reason you couldn't re-purpose one of the five lanes in each direction to be for transit, and there's no technical reason you couldn't install rails and overhead wires in that lane.

There are surely political reasons why it would be hard, but they're not specific to rail in the creek either. If politics prevent you from taking a lane from Speer to use for transit, then that's equally true for both buses and trains. And if politics prevent you from using overhead wires anywhere on Speer, then that would be equally true with or without the creek.

Or you could always do this


Wuppertal monorail. Photo from Remco van den Bosch on Flickr.

Let's start by getting a free shuttle from downtown to Cherry Creek. I think that would get tons of use.. Maybe start at Union Station, then Convention Center, public library and one other stop on Broadway before the mall.

Could serve both tourists and workers.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #245  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2016, 8:15 PM
Denver Dweller Denver Dweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 815
Developer plans 155-unit condo building in Cherry Creek

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #246  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 5:36 PM
CherryCreek's Avatar
CherryCreek CherryCreek is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Dweller View Post
The amount of construction in the Cherry Creek area is off the charts. After years of very slow and incremental development/re-development, now there's such an unprecedented explosion of development.

Traffic in the area 3 years from now will be insane.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #247  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 6:15 PM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
The amount of construction in the Cherry Creek area is off the charts. After years of very slow and incremental development/re-development, now there's such an unprecedented explosion of development.

Traffic in the area 3 years from now will be insane.
Traffic RIGHT NOW is insane. I have a bad feeling that it's going to be too late to do anything dedicated in regards to transit along that corridor.
__________________
DenverInfill
DenverUrbanism
--------------------
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #248  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 7:35 PM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 12,727
Cherry Creek to Downtown has the best bike access in the city. In three years, once we are all suitably enlightened, traffic will disappear.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #249  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 10:13 PM
CherryCreek's Avatar
CherryCreek CherryCreek is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Traffic RIGHT NOW is insane. I have a bad feeling that it's going to be too late to do anything dedicated in regards to transit along that corridor.
Perhaps Venice-like gondolas between Cherry Creek and downtown will do the trick?



Or even better... Telluride like gondolas.


Last edited by CherryCreek; Apr 20, 2016 at 10:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #250  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2016, 10:38 PM
CherryCreek's Avatar
CherryCreek CherryCreek is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 821
More details and rendering on the new hotel and 2nd and Josephine.



http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/bl...to-cherry.html

So that's three hotels under construction in Cherry Creek at the moment!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #251  
Old Posted Jun 4, 2016, 6:50 PM
Denver Dweller Denver Dweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 815
Clean slate for new hotel in Cherry Creek

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #252  
Old Posted Jun 4, 2016, 8:02 PM
seventwenty's Avatar
seventwenty seventwenty is offline
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Soon to be banned
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Cherry Creek to Downtown has the best bike access in the city. In three years, once we are all suitably enlightened, traffic will disappear.
FINALLY. Bunt is on team bike. I will bike to my offices in celebration.
__________________
The happy & obtuse bro.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #253  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 10:42 PM
Denver Dweller Denver Dweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 815
CCN land sale sets record

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #254  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2016, 6:12 AM
TakeFive's Avatar
TakeFive TakeFive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Looks like the plans to tear down Cherry Creek Sears and at least part of the related parking structure are going forward. I like the idea of putting the through street back in. Will be interesting to see how high they go and the mix of housing/retail.

http://www.businessden.com/2016/02/1...s-sears-store/
I just happen to catch up to this one. Eh, sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake.

I don't recall reading their name before in connection to Denver but OliverMcMillan is a name... and I recently read about their development in Buckhead. They have kind of a cool website:
Quote:
It's Official: Houston's Newest Shopping Mecca Opens with Tony Stores, Neighborhood Vibe -- And No Potholes
With Invesco Real Estate as their investment and financial partner it will be interesting to see what they come up with.
__________________
Cool... Denver has reached puberty.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #255  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2016, 4:31 PM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,820
__________________
DenverInfill
DenverUrbanism
--------------------
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #256  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2016, 4:53 PM
TakeFive's Avatar
TakeFive TakeFive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,369
Who's Rollnick? Does he/she live in Cherry Creek?
__________________
Cool... Denver has reached puberty.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #257  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2016, 2:41 PM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,820
I'm not sure what 'Rollnick' means. I need to look it up.

210 Saint Paul is now underway!



__________________
DenverInfill
DenverUrbanism
--------------------
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #258  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 5:02 PM
Denver Dweller Denver Dweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 815
70 condos slated for Cherry Creek

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #259  
Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 3:15 PM
mojiferous mojiferous is offline
Landbarge Captain
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 406
Real estate deals and another 8 story building for CC

__________________
Mojferous Industries
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #260  
Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 4:49 PM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,820
__________________
DenverInfill
DenverUrbanism
--------------------
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:28 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.