HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 12:02 AM

I've been taking pictures of #4-#13 by foot... It takes about two hours, but it's a very nice walk

Old Posted Nov 23, 2006, 8:20 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalStudent
[U]Barclays (Howard & Fremont)
Just for the record, this project is otherwise known as Foundry Square I because it is part of a 4 building project on all 4 corners of 1st and Howard. Two of the other 3 are built and the developer is apparently seeking tenants for the 4th (and will start construction if he finds some).

Also worth noting is that Barclay's Global Investors recently became officially the manager of the largest asset portfolio in the US: $1.6 trillion (with a "T"). Lot a money will be sloshing around that building.

Last edited by BTinSF; Nov 23, 2006 at 8:28 AM.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2006, 7:30 PM

300 spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOneFive
the second tower is actually under construction now. it's just still underground (they're working on the parking levels now). it should pop out out of the ground by the beginning of December. but then again, they may have topped off the first tower by then.
The 5 parking levels and first 2 floors all tie together the buildings don't become completely individual buildings until the 3rd floor. The two buildings on spear street will actually apear to be tied together but wll in fact be seperated by a seismic joint. The second tower would only be built if sales went well for the first tower which it has and so the second tower should be built. It is not set when exactly the second phase will begin though. I believe it is in the bid process right now though so it may begin while the first phase is still in progress. I am working on it right now and our prints show nothing after the second floor for the second tower. Hope that shed some light on it all

Old Posted Nov 27, 2006, 5:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinkMan
The 5 parking levels and first 2 floors all tie together the buildings don't become completely individual buildings until the 3rd floor. The two buildings on spear street will actually apear to be tied together but wll in fact be seperated by a seismic joint. The second tower would only be built if sales went well for the first tower which it has and so the second tower should be built. It is not set when exactly the second phase will begin though. I believe it is in the bid process right now though so it may begin while the first phase is still in progress. I am working on it right now and our prints show nothing after the second floor for the second tower. Hope that shed some light on it all
thanks for clearing that up for us. tishman was wise to begin construction of the buildings facing main street before the buildings facing spear street. i don't think the units in the main street buildings would have sold as quickly as they did if the buyers had realized that a second taller building was rising right in front of them.

same goes for one rincon hill where the taller tower is being built first with marketing seemingly forgetting to put the second shorter tower in the view of the skyline and bay.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2006, 3:48 AM

yes I am sure that is exactly why they were built in the order that they were LOL. It is not too bad cause they are at a 45 to one another but the better view by far will be from the second tower as well as it will be taller. I think the same mode of thought was in play at rincon as well. We are also working on that one too but most of my time is spent at 300 spear.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 12:31 AM

Updates! Is there anything left to do on the exterior of the Federal Building? I haven't been noticing any more changes, so I think I'm going to stop taking pictures of that one.

InterContinental Hotel

631 Folsom

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 12:41 AM

One Rincon Hill

The Infinity

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 12:50 AM

Foundry Square I

Millennium Tower

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 1:10 AM

555 Mission

Ritz-Carlton Residences

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 1:16 AM

SoMa Grand

Argenta

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 1:21 AM

Thanks for all the great pics, CardinalStudent!

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 4:28 AM

I saw the Palace Hotel Tower Addition listed on the first page of this thread. Is it a new proposal? Where will it be located?

Thanks for the photo updates. San Francisco is an amazing place.

Paul

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 6:25 AM

Looking good!

My god, the city is really growing and filling in!

Old Posted Nov 30, 2006, 4:14 AM

what time of day do you usually take your pics CardinalStudent? I get a kick out checking them out to see if I know anyone whos in them LOL.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2006, 8:53 AM

The most recent were this Monday afternoon. Normally I go on Sunday when there is less activity because I feel weird taking pictures with the construction workers right there...

Old Posted Dec 7, 2006, 5:01 AM

why is the millenium tower going so slowly exactly?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2006, 10:35 PM

Argenta

SoMa Grand

InterContinental Hotel

Ritz-Carlton Residences

555 Mission

Millennium Tower

Foundry Square I

The Infinity

One Rincon Hill

631 Folsom

Old Posted Dec 11, 2006, 7:48 AM
BANNED

Thanks a bunch CardinalStudent. I am out of town for the winter and pictures like yours are my main mechanism fro keeping up with my favorite construction projects. A couple of thoghts on viewing your pics:

--I think both The Infinity and One Rincon Hill are shaping up to actually be better looking than their renderings. Probably it's that fantastic reflective glass. I can't wait to see what the top part of the Infinity tower with the balconies looks like.

--Really glad to see actual work happening on the Argenta. When last I was there in late September they were demolishing the small existing structures, but sometimes they do that and then don't actual build anything for quite a long time.

--Next time you're in town with your camera, I'd really be grateful if you could wander up Van Ness to Symphony Towers and the next block (800 block) and let me (us) see what's with those sites. Symphony Towers should be topped out by now and the exterior should be nearing completion. I realize these are pretty plebeian buildings but they are almost across the street from my condo so I'm interested in them.

--People keep complaining here about no progress on The Millenium, but when the time is as long between glimpses as it is for me, it's clear there is progress happening. It's a few stories taller than it was when I last saw it in person and once the tower gets past the height of the midrise section (9 stories I think it is), I'm guessing things start moving a lot faster (because then each floor will be identical and the construction can get into a groove of a floor every few days like at One Rincon Hill).

--I am a real admirer of The Intercontinental design and so far it's looking up to my expectations.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2006, 12:33 PM

I'm going out of state for a month, so I probably won't post any more pics until around January 14th(ish).

Old Posted Dec 19, 2006, 7:50 AM
BANNED

Transbay tower

This from the latest Chronicle

a host of international architects have been visiting the city in the past 2 weeks to "size up" a new downtown 80 story skyscraper located at the Transbay Terminal.

"The current skyline is very flat, and needs some peaks to create a more distinctive look,'' city Planning Director Dean Macris said.

"Among those showing interest was renowned Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava, whose plan for a slender, twisting, 160-story tower in Chicago on the shores of Lake Michigan is undergoing final review."

Read the full story here
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AGI7N1F7D1.DTL

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations