HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
I don't understand why they wouldn't want to be like Sedona. What would be wrong with that? It would raise property values, bring in more tourists, bring in more tax revenue, etc. What is the issue? And what is their alternative?

Regardless, I think it may be best for them to focus on 87 more than Main Street since that's where the visibility and traffic already is.
I didn't even know payson had a "main street" looking it up it really isn't much of one, I would focus on 87 with new developments they don't appear to have any historical core like Prescott, Flagg or even Cottonwood to work with .

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 9:40 PM
Skyriser

Payson has always struck me as a cheap town for leave-me-alone types that want a semirural lifestyle--if those people wanted nightlife and entertainment and tourism and crowds they'd live in Prescott.

The median home value is 2.2x higher in Sedona and 40% higher in Prescott--lots of reasons old people don't want raised home values. They'll never really benefit from selling and they'll pay more in taxes for the same thing every year.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
I don't understand why they wouldn't want to be like Sedona. What would be wrong with that? It would raise property values, bring in more tourists, bring in more tax revenue, etc. What is the issue? And what is their alternative?

Regardless, I think it may be best for them to focus on 87 more than Main Street since that's where the visibility and traffic already is.
Not everyone wants to be stuck in an energy vortex

Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 8:09 PM

Condo/Apartment Project for Bullhead City/Laughlin

Interesting, I suppose there is demand for this, River front condos and apts opposite the Nevada hotels on the Arizona side of the Colorado river.

The Colorado River cities dont get a lot of love from us but they have been growing quickly like the rest of the state. Believe it or not roughly 500,000 people live along the Colorado River south of the Hoover Dam, the vast majority in Arizona cities. (including Mexico that number jumps up to about 700k+)

http://azbex.com/623ksf-mixed-use-de...bullhead-city/

Quote:
A proposed zoning map change for a new high-end condominium and commercial development is expected to be heard at the Bullhead City March 5th council meeting.

DJL Enterprises, LLC is requesting a zoning map change from Public Land District to Residential Multiple-Family District and C2 General Commercial District, pursuant to the Mixed-Use Overlay District, in order to develop The Residences at Riverside.

According to a recent article in Mohave Valley Daily News, The City’s Planning and Zoning Commission recommended approval of the change request on Tuesday, with a vote of 5-0.

The Residences at Riverside will be a 623.2KSF, multi-phased development consisting of 293 high-end residential units and approximately 293KSF of commercial space at full build-out.

The development will sit on approximately 52.5 acres located on the west side of Highway 95 and north of Seventh Street. The property is bound by State Route 95 on the east and the Colorado River on the West. The northern limit is located north of the Airport Drive traffic signal while the southern limit is located at the north end of Malow’s Jet Ski Rental facility on Seventh Street.

The residential portion is currently planned to be developed in four phases. The first phase will consist of a sales office and 68 residential condominium units constructed in two clusters of 32 and 36 units. Each cluster will be 4 stories and will house an underground parking garage and a gated entrance.

According to the applicant’s submittal, “The typical residential units will consist of one, two, and three-bedroom units ranging in size from approximately 1,300SF up to approximately 2,000SF. There will also be some penthouse units that could exceed 2,000SF.”

The commercial portion will also be developed in four phases with the first phase consisting of 25.9KSF of commercial space and 42.3KSF of office space. According to the submittal, “the commercial aspect of the first phase will be developed as demand warrants.”

The submittal goes on to note that “the overall height of the structures will be limited to 60 feet, the maximum allowed in the mixed-use overlay district.”

Access to phase one of the development will be at the Airport Center Drive and Highway 95 Intersection.

The owner anticipates that estimated project build-out will take about five years.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest