HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 10:40 PM

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 3:13 PM

Does anyone know if the Irvings have announced that the building is finished? I have to think that it would be by now. o.o

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 5:25 AM

How is this one looking now? Any recent pics?

(Side note, I actually had to google this thread to find it.. do threads past the first page become inaccessible for some reason?)

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 6:29 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshanMcG View Post

(Side note, I actually had to google this thread to find it.. do threads past the first page become inaccessible for some reason?)
The default thread view on the main Atlantic Provinces subforum is for threads with posts in the last month. You can reset it to a different timeframe if looking for threads that are older or less active.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshanMcG View Post

It's looking nice. I'll try and snap some photos this week whenever I'm uptown.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 2:19 AM
Spem Reduxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginRonic View Post
Does anyone know if the Irvings have announced that the building is finished? I have to think that it would be by now. o.o
No official announcement from Irving, and I wouldn’t expect one, but employees have been calling it home for over 4 months now. I had the pleasure of taking an inside tour back in May and it is VERY nice and holds its own against larger cities’ buildings. If someone brought me inside blindfolded, I would never have guessed I was in Saint John...truly a well thought out structure!

It has a ‘cookie cutter’ approach for each floor, with strategic differences on a few levels (i.e. cafeteria, IT room, exercise rooms, etc.). Nearly all of the aesthetic material (wood, stone) is from the Atlantic Canada region to remind you where the company is from and of the people who helped build the empire. The views of the uptown, harbour, west Saint John are quite spectacular. The top floor would have clear views of the refinery (which I believe was a conscientious decision when it came to building height)

Truly a gem for our city!

Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk then Run View Post
No official announcement from Irving, and I wouldn’t expect one, but employees have been calling it home for over 4 months now. I had the pleasure of taking an inside tour back in May and it is VERY nice and holds its own against larger cities’ buildings. If someone brought me inside blindfolded, I would never have guessed I was in Saint John...truly a well thought out structure!

It has a ‘cookie cutter’ approach for each floor, with strategic differences on a few levels (i.e. cafeteria, IT room, exercise rooms, etc.). Nearly all of the aesthetic material (wood, stone) is from the Atlantic Canada region to remind you where the company is from and of the people who helped build the empire. The views of the uptown, harbour, west Saint John are quite spectacular. The top floor would have clear views of the refinery (which I believe was a conscientious decision when it came to building height)

Truly a gem for our city!
Exactly! I had the same feeling when I was inside. You would think you were in a major world city. Well done with excellence in every detail. Employees are able to participate in a company tour later this month. A great asset to our great city.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces