HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One57 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 3:33 PM
BANNED

Nice shots, but a poor, poor choice to utilize that dark glass at the top. Did anyone here interpret this as "a pool of water atop a waterfall?" I'll just have to admire her from the N and S sides only..

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 3:49 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

The north side is the nicest (IMO), and eventually, that may be one of two sides we'll get to see of her (Nordstrom will do a good job blocking One57 from the Hudson, etc)

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 6:39 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
Nice shots, but a poor, poor choice to utilize that dark glass at the top. Did anyone here interpret this as "a pool of water atop a waterfall?" I'll just have to admire her from the N and S sides only..

I don't have a problem with that at all. My one wish is that it were distributed more evenly across the top, making it truly stand out as a crown.

Quote:

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 7:36 PM

i would assume they are at the very least going to replace that dark panel at the top of the park facing side you see in the above shot.. so are those vents we see open below windows ( mostly seen on the west side but one on the north side can be seen above )? and will people be able to open or close those any time they please once moved into thee units?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 7:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I don't have a problem with that at all. My one wish is that it were distributed more evenly across the top, making it truly stand out as a crown.
Agreed, it's just that these nearly-black panels show up out of nowhere. The second darkest shade, seen throughout the building, would have worked much better. With the louvers and these dark panels, it's kind of a mess up there. At this point, I'm just crying over spilled milk.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 1:50 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 12:41 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

As of April 20th, 2014...

1)

2)

3)

4)

©Hypothalamus

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 2:44 PM

The last picture you posted is beautiful NYGUY.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 1:15 AM

©ILNY

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 10:31 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

As of April 23rd, 2014...

Time Warner Center & One57 by RBudhu, on Flickr

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 7:48 PM
New Yorker for life

http://therealdeal.com/issues_articles/one57s-big-buys/

One57’s big buys
A look at the most buzzworthy purchases in the building — plus the first wave of deals that have officially closed

From left: One57, Silas Chou, Lawrence Stroll and George Constantin

May 01, 2014
By Hiten Samtani

Quote:
The luxury market has received a lot of press for the outrageous prices buyers are paying. And at almost no building is that truer than at One57, where the average price per square foot is $6,888, according to the building’s offering plan.

The 94-unit tower, which officially launched sales in late 2011, is now 75 percent sold, according to an Extell spokesperson. Two of those sales eclipsed the $90 million mark, the spokesperson confirmed, meaning that when they close, they’ll break the city’s current $88 million record, which was set at 15 Central Park West.

While only 13 units in the building have closed to date — closings started late last year —roughly 60 others are in contract. The closed units, which TRD detailed on the below chart, range in price from $3.6 million to $30.6 million. While most of those deals are not the sexiest in the building, they are hugely important to moving the building into its next phase. And many of the in-contract deals — the most prominent of which are outlined below — are expected to close in the coming months. See below for a look at both.

Unit: PH 75
Price: $90 million to $100 million
Buyer: Consortium of investors led by hedge-fund titan Bill Ackman

Ackman and his fellow investors are in contract for this 13,554-square-foot duplex condo on the 75th and 76th floors, which was asking $115 million. Its most notable feature is a two-story, 51-foot-wide glass enclosed “winter garden” with a curved glass roof. Ackman, the CEO of the hedge fund Pershing Square Capital, has said that the buy was purely an investment, and he would not look to live in the apartment.

Unit: PH 90
Price: More than $90 million
Buyer: Unknown

This 10,923-square-foot duplex on the 89th and 90th floors has six bedrooms and six-and-a-half bathrooms and had an asking price of $115 million. It was snapped up last May for more than $90 million by a mystery buyer. The apartment’s pièce de résistance, sources said, are its panoramic views of the city and Central Park. From the unit, Vanity Fair’s Paul Goldberger wrote in a recent essay “you feel as connected to the sky as to the ground.”

Unit: 82
Price: Just over $50 million
Buyer: Silas Chou

The heir to a Hong Kong–based fortune, Chou is worth $2.4 billion, according to Forbes, and was part of the two-person team that took apparel brand Michael Kors public in 2011. His 6,240-square-foot, four-bedroom, four-and-a-half-bathroom unit at One57 was most recently asking $57.5 million.

Unit: 85
Price: Just under $50 million
Buyer: Lawrence Stroll

Canadian fashion tycoon Lawrence Stroll, the other half of the Michael Kors IPO dream team, is reportedly worth $1.8 billion. He paid just under $50 million for his 6,200-square-foot, four-bedroom, four-and-a-half-bathroom unit shortly after sales at the building launched. Extell’s most recent asking price for the apartment was $62 million.

Unit: 59A
Price: $30 million
Buyer: George Constantin

The man behind commercial real estate investment firm Heritage Realty Services snapped up this 4,483-square-foot, three-bedroom, four-and-a-half-bathroom unit in a sale that officially closed in April. Before founding Heritage, which has $400 million in assets, Constantin was at real estate firm Helmsley-Spear. He currently lives in Westchester, according Heritage’s website.

Unit: 48A
Price: $17.5 million
Buyer: Richard Kringstein

The CEO of apparel maker Herman Kay Company, which makes outerwear for brands such as Anne Klein, opted for this 3,228-square-foot pad on the 48th floor, which has three bedrooms and three-and-a-half bathrooms and was most recently asking $20.5 million.

Unit: 40F
Price: $9.6 million
Buyer: David Beyda

Beyda is the CEO of Town & Country Living, a prominent linen manufacturer. His 2,289-square-foot pad on the 40th floor was most recently asking $9.95 million.

Unit: Unknown
Price: $6.5 million
Buyer: Unnamed Chinese businesswoman

This buyer generated international headlines when she bought this pricey pad for her daughter, in the anticipation that it would come in handy when her kid would attend Columbia or Harvard. The catch? Her daughter’s still a toddler, just two years old.

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 12:43 AM

Very Gotham City.

And it needs a good window wash!

Old Posted May 3, 2014, 2:34 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

to-day

Old Posted May 4, 2014, 8:31 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

A couple of shots from my brief walk through Central Park last Monday, before the storm deluge hit on Wednesday...

Both pictures taken by me and my phone.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted May 5, 2014, 2:09 PM

Old Posted May 17, 2014, 10:08 PM

Finally ! Some very nice views from within, 58a. Does not dissapoint, over on Streeteasy.

Old Posted May 19, 2014, 1:29 PM
New Yorker for life

Tree in a forest...

Empty Quarter

Old Posted May 19, 2014, 11:42 PM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Look at THAT density!
Seriously

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 7:40 AM
New Yorker for life

With that skyline, it's all about where you're viewing from. In that particular angle, One57 is hardly noticeable. The planned 1 Vanderbilt will dominate that view,
even if taller towers are visible elsewhere.

There's always this angle, though eventually One57 will be lost in the background here as well...(pics from today)

Last edited by NYguy; May 20, 2014 at 10:16 AM.

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 12:30 AM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
With that skyline, it's all about where you're viewing from. In that particular angle, One57 is hardly noticeable. The planned 1 Vanderbilt will dominate that view,
even if taller towers are visible elsewhere.
What I like about One57 (and the many other towers in the 57th St corridor) is the fact that they don't have spires.

We have enough spires in Midtown, thank you!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive