HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 6, 2016, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
wish i had a park i could go sit have a few on a hot day and relax after work going to a bar sucks
I am getting a visual....

Old Posted Oct 6, 2016, 7:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Maybe the new dog park will have a bar.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2016, 4:10 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 3:24 AM
North End Troublemaker

It's been a while since I've been here, but I thought I would post to let you guys know I've been trying to catch up since moving about 6 months ago...

I thought I would also add a few things about my new city -- Brisbane. First, the population is about 4x more than Winnipeg, but the place is massive. The metro region has about the same density as Winnipeg, so it's about 4x the land area as well. Second, everywhere has shitty drivers, not just Winnipeg. Third, parking in downtown is crazy expensive; I had a 2 hour meeting that I couldn't get into my offices car park, so had to park privately. $80 minimum for the first 3 hours, $20 an hour after the first 3. And last, I have never seen so many tower cranes in all my life. There is at least 20 projects all over 20 floors on the go in and around the Brisbane metro area.

But I still miss Winnipeg. Hope everything is going well and y'all are enjoying the coming winter!

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveosnyder View Post
It's been a while since I've been here, but I thought I would post to let you guys know I've been trying to catch up since moving about 6 months ago...

I thought I would also add a few things about my new city -- Brisbane. First, the population is about 4x more than Winnipeg, but the place is massive. The metro region has about the same density as Winnipeg, so it's about 4x the land area as well. Second, everywhere has shitty drivers, not just Winnipeg. Third, parking in downtown is crazy expensive; I had a 2 hour meeting that I couldn't get into my offices car park, so had to park privately. $80 minimum for the first 3 hours, $20 an hour after the first 3. And last, I have never seen so many tower cranes in all my life. There is at least 20 projects all over 20 floors on the go in and around the Brisbane metro area.

But I still miss Winnipeg. Hope everything is going well and y'all are enjoying the coming winter!
Good to hear from you Steve-O.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2016, 2:19 PM

Brisbane reminds me of Vancouver where the main downtown is hemmed in by water, except it is even more pronounced in Brisbane. I imagine land values are as high as parking costs on that river oxbow.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 7:09 PM

Just wanted to let posters know I'm still here, but not daily..life throws us some curve balls at times and I'm still trying to resolve some personal issues..I'll try to be here when time permits..Thanks for your patience.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 9:30 PM

http://globalnews.ca/news/3044882/wi.../?sf40988720=1

Winnipeg firefighter ‘availability’ time nearly 30% more than industry standard

So they're "available" 30% more than the industry standard. But they need more fire fighters and more budget. Even though the budget is out of control. What until the union responds, condemning Global News for putting citizens at risk..

I'm glad a media outlet is actually doing some investigative journalism. I can actually call it journalism. Not just regurgitating what they see on Twitter.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Just wanted to let posters know I'm still here, but not daily..life throws us some curve balls at times and I'm still trying to resolve some personal issues..I'll try to be here when time permits..Thanks for your patience.
Take care of yourself. We'll be alright around here.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 10:43 PM

"However, Lane was adamant that just because the data shows fire crews are available, it doesn’t mean they are sitting around doing nothing."

Of course they aren't sitting around doing nothing. They're sleeping or playing ping pong.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 4:32 PM

Thx. Bj, appreciate that..

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 6:05 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

what a horrible week
musician friend drops of a heart friends sis died in a head on then a nieghbor of 20 yrs pass's away.

today was rough for a section of the arts community though as we said farwell to scott leroux ;'(
couple plp i know knew him in some capacity on here

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 5:26 AM

Scott Leroux and I both ran student magazines at the U of M around the same time. He lent me a hand--with his typical grace and humour--when I launched a proto-Trump-esque campaign in student politics. I didn't talk to him much after that, but it was always great to see him around and I really really hope he knew it. He was always one of the good guys. It was amazing, after he died, to see the outpouring of love for him. He was a civic treasure; worthy of a Weakerthans song.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 4:42 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
Scott Leroux and I both ran student magazines at the U of M around the same time. He lent me a hand--with his typical grace and humour--when I launched a proto-Trump-esque campaign in student politics. I didn't talk to him much after that, but it was always great to see him around and I really really hope he knew it. He was always one of the good guys. It was amazing, after he died, to see the outpouring of love for him. He was a civic treasure; worthy of a Weakerthans song.
he knew pretty sure he knew

really sucked still hurts to loose him. theres guna be an explosion of art as a result of who he was at some point.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...i1nUVRiUVQ1VkU <<<the service and the band churches homage to their founder 5 hr recording incase u wanted to list biguc or anyone els

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 10:02 PM
BANNED

Very sorry to hear. How did he pass?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2016, 7:53 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Very sorry to hear. How did he pass?
tare in his Aorta from an undiagnosed enlarged heart

Old Posted Nov 23, 2016, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
^ ha ha...I suspect almost every architect in the city would say they like (or even love) the Radisson.
Like, the self-deprecating kind that wax lyrically about a city's "architectural identity" and try to put a positive spin on our emphasis on bad concrete buildings?

That it represents "a modern coming of age that lead us into the next age and..." something something something...

I mean, the only reason the Richardson building is any good is because it's tall, and because Winnipeg likes to praise its billionaires so that the rest of the (not listening) country knows we have rich people.

I need meds.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2016, 8:22 PM

Here's one for you Winnipeg.

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/video?cli...r&_gsc=0aO6CfS

Snow route parking ban took effect overnight. And of course tickets galore, but there's not snow to plow! Ya, I get it. This is when it takes effect. But seriously. There is 1" of snow on the ground..

Old Posted Dec 4, 2016, 12:39 AM

Wink response to post# 1661 Winnipeg Construction

"Posted Nov 26, 2016, 1:53 PM

1ajs
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheguy
is there any construction happening in Winnipeg?
About half a billion downtown in projects. with prolly another 200million in the works for downtown ATM .". That's a lot of ATMs- I guess the local economy isn't as bad as some say.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2016, 6:53 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe denisovan View Post
"Posted Nov 26, 2016, 1:53 PM

1ajs
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheguy
is there any construction happening in Winnipeg?
About half a billion downtown in projects. with prolly another 200million in the works for downtown ATM .". That's a lot of ATMs- I guess the local economy isn't as bad as some say.

lol

atm means at the moment not automated teller machine though depending on context can be that as well

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan