HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 12, 2008, 3:36 AM

omg those renderings of Main place look awesome!!! umm is that rendering the Embassy tower or w.e.?? it looks like it!

Old Posted Jul 12, 2008, 3:41 AM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Why post a rendering with no information at all?
Sorry I just got back on...

I'm not sure what that is. I found it somewhere a week or two ago. I forgot to bookmark the site since I was at work...

Anyone here know?

EDIT: I know it was supposed to be in Houston though.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2008, 3:45 AM

Xeelee, you are a trip.

Anyway, the Sage Plaza proposal is old. The rendering has been there for probably about the past two years.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2008, 3:47 AM
Baryonic Lord

From that same Sage plaza site is mentioned a new Hyatt for Houston? Where is this thing supposed to go?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2008, 3:48 AM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGulf View Post
Xeelee, you are a trip.

Anyway, the Sage Plaza proposal is old. The rendering has been there for probably about the past two years.
Not good.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2008, 4:08 AM

Xeelee, what you posted is the old Dominion on Post Oak rendering for Uptown Houston. Why is midtown in the url?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2008, 2:48 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGulf View Post
Xeelee, what you posted is the old Dominion on Post Oak rendering for Uptown Houston. Why is midtown in the url?
Looking at that sketched rendering, I can't help but mention the fact that I think it may have been a recycled design for another Houston project. I recall seeing it (or at least a very similar design) in a model of a project called "First Capital Center" that was pitched around 1990 to be located at Post Oak & the east side of West Loop. I think it was the first big project (3 Buildings; 1 50-story office tower + 2 30-story residential towers) to be put forward after the 80's bust, though it obviously didn't go anywhere.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2008, 3:37 AM

okay so I don't know if you guys notice but the Proffesional St. Joseph Building is being painted with this depressing gray color and has a crane next to it?
does anybody know what' are they doing?

oh and also I work across the old Holiday Inn building and recently I've seen people in the parking lot...kinda weird because I haven't seen no movement around that building for as long as I remember

Last edited by Von; Jul 13, 2008 at 4:01 AM.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2008, 4:12 AM
Dryer lint inspector

it was bought and is being redeveloped.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2008, 8:11 PM
Baryonic Lord

I noticed that the other day when I was scoping out the expansion of the BMW dealership there.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2008, 8:14 PM
Baryonic Lord

Here is what it looks like:

Old Posted Jul 14, 2008, 6:33 PM
Ex Houstonian

^^^
Is that downtown? I never remember seeing that hotel downtown. Maybe Im just losing my mind.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2008, 6:38 PM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
^^^
Is that downtown? I never remember seeing that hotel downtown. Maybe Im just losing my mind.
The BMW dealership is in midtown...

The hotel/empty building is indeed in downtown. You might not have noticed it because subconsciously you were hoping it wasn't really there. You know what I mean?

Old Posted Jul 15, 2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeelee View Post
The BMW dealership is in midtown...

The hotel/empty building is indeed in downtown. You might not have noticed it because subconsciously you were hoping it wasn't really there. You know what I mean?
Wow...if that ain't the truth. How long has this building been empty? It's such an eyesore. I'd much rather it come down. Can it be salvaged?

Old Posted Jul 15, 2008, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
Wow...if that ain't the truth. How long has this building been empty? It's such an eyesore. I'd much rather it come down. Can it be salvaged?
Amazingly, the building has only been empty for ten years. It was turned into crap apartments a while ago, but was finally shut down due to numerous health and safety violations. Anyway, someone has bought it and thinks it can be salvaged. I think I remember reading that they were going to pour $50 million (though I could be wrong) into the building. That should help things a bit. Though, anything is better than what is there now.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2008, 12:48 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
Can it be salvaged?
They're already doing work on the inside, and it sounds like they want to do extensive work to the existing structure. It is nice to see a number of people LEGALLY in the building actually working on it day-to-day.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2008, 5:11 PM

Never really bothered to count, but it's gotta be 25 to 30 stories! It's definitely a sizeable structure. If they can salvage it, that'd be awesome. However if they imploded it, it would hurt my feelings either. That's probably the only time you'll ever hear me say that about a highrise. Knowing what I know about the building, I don't think I could ever live there.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2008, 6:56 PM

An update on the Pavilions:

That "Art Deco" cladding really isn't doing anything for me...

Old Posted Jul 15, 2008, 6:57 PM

The old Days Inn/Maharashi Bldg is being renovated. Rumors are the development group is hoping to land a national chain to anchor the hotel. Holiday Inn, Marriott, and Sheraton are the names being mentioned.

Downtown needs more hotel rooms and this will help. I'd like to see it turned back into a Holiday Inn. Downtown needs more moderately priced options.

This combined with the old Sheraton Lincoln being turned into an Omni Hotel is certainly good news. Now, if only the old Texaco Bldg could see action again...

Old Posted Jul 15, 2008, 9:38 PM
Ex Houstonian

When I last went to Houston about 1 month ago I was appalled by the cladding on the outside of the pavilions. The eastern end of that cladding on the building is just god awful. It may even be worse looking then the parking lot that was there previously. It just doesnt look inviting to people looking to shop there. Is that section of the terrible cladding a parking garage or something? But as for the rest of the project I like it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations