HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering

Old Posted Jun 4, 2013, 4:22 AM

Skyscraper Documentaries? Please share your awarness!

Okay... so here's my conundrum: Since I'm so fascinated by these monolithic testaments to mans ingenuity and engineering prowess, I find that I just can't get enough of any kind of media regarding these towering temples. So recently I've been in search of documentaries regarding skyscrapers.

I managed to find two over the weekend, both of which seemed to be products of The National Geographic Channel (persistent little yellow rectangle in the lower right hand corner was a dead giveaway.) One was an episode of Big, Bigger, Biggest; about Burj Dubai and some of the technological leaps that other skyscrapers overcame that led to it's construction. The other was (sorry I already forgot the name of the show) about the construction and uber-green aspects of The Bank of America Tower in midtown Manhattan. Both shows were about 47 minutes (with commercials they would have been hour shows,) and both seemed to be done about 2008 or so. They were both okay, but only left me wanting something more comprehensive.

A friend of mine said he had watched a show recently that was a two hour documentary on the history of skyscrapers, and was produced in, and showed buildings right up to 2012. I could swear I saw something like that last year, but for the life of me I can't find anything about it on the internet. He said he saw it on Discovery or History... "or something like that...", but he didn't know for sure.

So... my question to you, dear readers... is do you know of this show... or any other docs that may be worth watching? Certainly with as long as these things have existed, there should be a handful of good documentaries out there either on the general subject, or about specific buildings. So please... share your favorites, with as much detail as you can remember regarding titles and/or originating channels/producers.

Inquiring minds want to know!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering