HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #681  
Old Posted Aug 3, 2018, 3:24 AM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
WELLS FARGO MORTGAGE CAMPUS -- 7 Floors -- Parking -- 8/2/18



1500 Nicollet -- 6 Floors -- Apartments & Retail -- 8/2/18

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #682  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2018, 2:01 AM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
THRIVENT BLOCKS -- 8/8/18

Half block on the right is 7 stories-- apartments, parking, retail, office. North half of the full block on the left is 8 stories-- office and retail. Southern half was going to be 10 & 12 stories-- hotel, apartments, childcare. Sherman has now pulled out of the project, canceling the latter two buildings. Thrivent is now shopping for a new partner for the southern half of the full block, while the two buildings they are directly involved with for their new headquarters continue full steam ahead.



CITY CLUB APARTMENTS CBD -- 18 FLOORS, 190' -- APARTMENTS & RETAIL -- 8/8/18


Last edited by MPLS_Const_Watch; Aug 9, 2018 at 2:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #683  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2018, 2:03 AM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
Also, it was reported yesterday that the Minnesota Supreme Court denied the FINAL appeal related to Alatus' 200 Central Project (42 stories, condos & retail). Would love to see it break ground this fall, after years in court.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #684  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 11:55 PM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
Northeast's changing skyline. 8/15/18. The yellow crane is the 26-story Rafter (333 Hennepin). Just to its left is Nordhaus (2017, 20 stories). Red crane is The Expo (26 stories). 200 Central (42 stories) would be centered right between the two cranes.



RAFTER (the building formerly known as 333 Hennepin) -- 26 Floors, 291' -- Apartments & Retail -- 8/15/18





THE EXPO -- 26 Floors, 284' -- Apartments & Retail -- 8/15/18





TARGET FIELD STATION -- 8 Floors -- Hotel, Music Venue, Retail -- 8/16/18



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #685  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 1:29 AM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
THRIVENT BLOCKS -- 8, 7, & ?? Floors -- Office, Apartments, Retail, ?? 8/21/18



CITY CLUB APARTMENTS CBD -- 18 FLOORS, 190' -- APARTMENTS & RETAIL -- 8/21/18




1500 Nicollet -- 6 Floors -- Apartments & Retail -- 8/21/18





3329 Nicollet -- 3 Floors -- Apartments -- 8/21/18



KA BLOCK -- 17, 8, 5, and 4 Floors, 185' -- Apartments, hotel, office, brewery, retail --
8/21/18


Details on the hotel building looking great. It's like this building is actually trying to look good, rather than just trying to not look bad. Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of new buildings of this scale are just trying to do the bare minimum.



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #686  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 3:31 AM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
CITY CLUB APARTMENTS CBD -- 18 FLOORS, 190' -- APARTMENTS & RETAIL -- 9/11/18





THRIVENT BLOCKS -- 8, 7, & ?? Floors -- Office, Apartments, Retail, ?? 9/10/18





Reply With Quote
     
     
  #687  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 6:39 AM
IMBY IMBY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 812
Eliot Park Hotel? My the changes to my old neighborhood. I had a condo-loft at the intersection of 10th St. and Chicago Avenue, an old 1890's building on the historic register, townhouses converted to condo-lofts. Being its on the historic register I'm sure the building is still there.

One big negative to be living there from 1988-1993 is that there were few if any urban conveniences, not even a grocery store then in downtown Minneapolis so I still needed a car to go to Cub's on Lake Street! but yes, I could easily walk the few blocks to the Metrodome.

I'm now living in Tucson in a mobile home co-op and I have more urban conveniences here than I ever had in downtown Minneapolis, 2 blocks to a big Fry's Grocery Store, one block to Trader Joe's, walking distance to 10 restaurants and an 11-screen movie house, plus lots of other shopping venues and? I'm far from downtown Tucson! There's also a bus stop in front of the community and another 2 blocks away. Don't even need a car here!

I also used to live around Loring Park in the very early 70's. That glass tower they built on LaSalle looks like it needs a companion tower!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #688  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 2:33 PM
BrandonJXN's Avatar
BrandonJXN BrandonJXN is offline
Ascension
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 5,192
If it's one thing Minneapolis knows how to do it make quality infill projects. I will take a smattering of buildings in the 7-20 story range above a single 50 story tower as infill adds so much to a cityscape.
__________________
Washed Out
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #689  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 1:08 AM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
Eliot Park Hotel? My the changes to my old neighborhood. I had a condo-loft at the intersection of 10th St. and Chicago Avenue, an old 1890's building on the historic register, townhouses converted to condo-lofts. Being its on the historic register I'm sure the building is still there.

One big negative to be living there from 1988-1993 is that there were few if any urban conveniences, not even a grocery store then in downtown Minneapolis so I still needed a car to go to Cub's on Lake Street! but yes, I could easily walk the few blocks to the Metrodome.

I'm now living in Tucson in a mobile home co-op and I have more urban conveniences here than I ever had in downtown Minneapolis, 2 blocks to a big Fry's Grocery Store, one block to Trader Joe's, walking distance to 10 restaurants and an 11-screen movie house, plus lots of other shopping venues and? I'm far from downtown Tucson! There's also a bus stop in front of the community and another 2 blocks away. Don't even need a car here!

I also used to live around Loring Park in the very early 70's. That glass tower they built on LaSalle looks like it needs a companion tower!
The Downtown area has seen a lot of change since then-- there's now 3 full-service grocery stores Downtown, a Whole Foods at Washington & Hennepin, a Lund's down on Hennepin in Loring Park, and a Trader Joes at Washington & Chicago. Elliot Park has seen a fair amount of development, but not as much as some other Downtown neighborhoods. Not sure when the last time you visited and spent was, but a whole lot has changed. You should pay a visit sometime if you haven't recently!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #690  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 1:44 AM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
Next week's Planning Commission Committee of the Whole has over 1,700 units on it. Along with a slew of new/updated 4-6 story low-rise projects are these 4 new/updated high-rise proposals:

(all images source: http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/meet...w/WCMSP-214016)

240 Hennepin Ave -- 20 Floors, 234' -- Apartments & Retail -- Proposed

This one has a single retail space of ~20,000 sqft, so seems like they must have a major retail tenant lined up.





240 Portland Ave -- 22 Floors, 246' -- Apartments, Retail, Fire Station -- Proposed





240 Park Ave -- 17 Floors, 188' -- Apartments & Retail -- Proposed





813 Portland Ave -- 17 Floors, 180' -- Apartments & Retail -- Proposed



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #691  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 1:13 AM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
RAFTER (the building formerly known as 333 Hennepin) -- 26 Floors, 291' -- Apartments & Retail -- 9/14/18






THE EXPO -- 26 Floors, 284' -- Apartments & Retail -- 9/14/18




Reply With Quote
     
     
  #692  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 7:00 AM
IMBY IMBY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 812
I don't understand why St. Paul is not included in the Minneapolis forum, it's almost as if there's no development at all taking place over there. I would think with the Green Line connecting the 2 cities now it would have spurred some development in St. Paul.

I haven't been to Minneapolis since 2009 and if I do trip up there, being a lazy traveler, I will take the train downtown from the Airport and ride the Green Line for the first time. That line was being considered way, way back in the 70's when I was living there, and they finally did it!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #693  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 11:29 PM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
I don't understand why St. Paul is not included in the Minneapolis forum, it's almost as if there's no development at all taking place over there. I would think with the Green Line connecting the 2 cities now it would have spurred some development in St. Paul.

I haven't been to Minneapolis since 2009 and if I do trip up there, being a lazy traveler, I will take the train downtown from the Airport and ride the Green Line for the first time. That line was being considered way, way back in the 70's when I was living there, and they finally did it!
There are a fair number of the typical-format 4-6 story apartment buildings going up along University, and a few similar projects scattered throughout some neighborhoods, and a few other projects Downtown, but overall there's a lot less development going on than in Minneapolis. Saint Paul hasn't built anything new over 7 stories since...? And other than some early RFP responses, there aren't any serious proposals either. Rochester has more midrise development recently completed and in the pipeline than Saint Paul, by a long shot.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #694  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 11:32 PM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
TARGET FIELD STATION -- 8 Floors -- Hotel, Music Venue, Retail -- 9/26/18



THE NORDIC -- 11 Floors -- Office, Apartments, & Retail -- 9/26/18



419 WASHINGTON -- 13 Floors -- Office & Retail -- 9/26/18

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #695  
Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 3:24 AM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
THRIVENT BLOCKS -- 8, 7, & ?? Floors -- Office, Apartments, Retail, ?? 10/4/18





Reply With Quote
     
     
  #696  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2018, 2:51 PM
GThomas's Avatar
GThomas GThomas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 275
The Nordic - North Loop - Washington Ave - Pics from 10/7/2018

Lost my view but was fun watching this one grow. Finally starting to add brick.



Pic below from 3/24/2018
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #697  
Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 4:17 AM
IMBY IMBY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 812
I was living in Minneapolis when the Luthern Brotherhood building was built downtown with that pink glass, and it was my understanding, eventually, a duplicate of that building was going to be built in back of it, and, obviously, that is not going to happen now. It's sure taken a long time to develop that lot. The Federal Reserve Bank was another that was "half built", plans were to double the size of that building, creating a full inner circle, but that didn't happen either. I used to roller skate on that plaza and was in awe of that building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #698  
Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 1:15 AM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by GThomas View Post
Lost my view but was fun watching this one grow. Finally starting to add brick.
Yes, and it looks good! What I've seen so far on the SE side of the building is very well done. The full mass of this building is tremendous.

Quote:
I was living in Minneapolis when the Luthern Brotherhood building was built downtown with that pink glass, and it was my understanding, eventually, a duplicate of that building was going to be built in back of it, and, obviously, that is not going to happen now. It's sure taken a long time to develop that lot. The Federal Reserve Bank was another that was "half built", plans were to double the size of that building, creating a full inner circle, but that didn't happen either. I used to roller skate on that plaza and was in awe of that building.
I've heard that before-- that the original plan was to have a twin so that the buildings together appeared like "praying hands" when viewed in profile. Kind of bizarre. Which Fed building are you referring to? I hadn't heard that before. Another building originally planned to have a twin that never came to be was the SPS Tower, which you might know as Lincoln Center. Personally, I like the green space there and think it might be better that the 2nd one never got built. The half that did get built has such an uninspiring and inactive presence on 4th Ave, glad we don't have a mirror of it on 3rd Ave!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #699  
Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 1:27 AM
MPLS_Const_Watch MPLS_Const_Watch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 55
ELEVEN -- 42 Floors, 550' -- Condos, Office, Retail -- Proposed

Updated plans out today. Looks like it lost one floor and gained 22': http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/www/...msp-214641.pdf





Reply With Quote
     
     
  #700  
Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 2:45 PM
colemonkee's Avatar
colemonkee colemonkee is offline
Ridin' into the sunset
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A. - Skid row adjacent
Posts: 7,298
Looks like a RAMSA design, and not half bad, depending on the quality of materials used.
__________________
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.