HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 2:45 PM
Living between provinces

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Indeed. Brings back memories of the killing of four RCMP constables in Moncton four years ago. That happened in my neighbourhood and it was pretty surreal seeing armoured vehicles at intersections, helicopters overhead and Mounties walking around with assault rifles at barricades for the 36 hours afterwards until the perpetrator was caught.

They have one person in custody, but I think that neighbourhood in northside Freddy is still in lockdown.........
Yeah, that might have been surreal.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 3:09 PM
Monsieur Sainte-Nitouche

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_jeffrey View Post
It's the same as "Brayon" mentality for me, which is anglo mentality while speaking French, but still in the QC media-sphere.
That makes sense given where you live in Eastern Ontario (Alexandria, I believe), but I've always thought the Brayons of NW NB, while not identical, leaned more to the Québécois side in terms of temperament.

I also find this is true of Acadians in NE NB around Caraquet and Tracadie, and also of Franco-Ontarians in the Hawkesbury area. They're fairly similar to Québécois in spite of not being exactly the same.

But most Franco-Ontarians in places like Sudbury, Timmins, Cornwall, etc. and even Acadians in SE NB around Moncton are more like the "anglo mentality while speaking French" that you describe.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada