HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 23, 2007, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtlantisMiami View Post
Thanks for the renderings, Drew11! I would love to see 1101 Brickell go up too, but at this point, it will take a very powerful developer with a broader vision who has the long-term investment in mind, in addition to another relatively mild hurricane season, insurance rates and property taxes coming down, and construction costs continuing to fall (as Dave8721 pointed out). Also, as I stated before, the new Miami skyline itself is beginning to become its own advertisement as it starts to take more shape. Developers are starting to get a full-scale, 3-dimensional picture for how they might want to make their mark on the new skyline. I think not-as-overdone Edgewater is starting to look more attractive as opposed to densely-packed Brickell. Bryan is right in terms of what the market is doing. There is no argument there, and he was right about Villa Magna from the standpoint of what the market is doing, but Villa Magna has a powerful developer with a vision behind it. That is the difference! This kind of developer with the vision for what the Element site could be, as well as what Edgewater could become in the future, is what I'm hoping for. They are out there. They just have to share the same vision we have for certain projects. Steve
Also even though that is a large project there are lots of other talls. Some are met 3, flatroin (one of my fav's), one bay front plaza and many others think if every project in planning happens, in 2012 there will be 60-70 500' and above towers. Just losing to Dubai by about ten. Miami is one of my favorite boom town's my favorite is las vegas.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2007, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsereny View Post

Pre-construction sales are virtually Zero today.

Although a old Herald article indicates contracts on dead projects, none have actually sold.

Having high hopes to see Element and Onyx2 on the rise, will not make these buildings any more likely to be developed.

No developer in his right mind would attempt to start a new project in today’s market.

As things look, the climate will such that new projects will be in demand for at least a few years to come.

Element: Lot for sale with plans & Zero reservations
Onyx2: Lot for sale with plans & Zero reservations
Premiere Towers: Lot for sale with plans & Zero reservations
I'll rememberr your confident decalartion the next time a developer starts of new project ... probably next week.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2007, 4:24 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Thumbs up Number 3 in the U.S. assured now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew11 View Post
Also even though that is a large project there are lots of other talls. Some are met 3, flatroin (one of my fav's), one bay front plaza and many others think if every project in planning happens, in 2012 there will be 60-70 500' and above towers. Just losing to Dubai by about ten. Miami is one of my favorite boom town's my favorite is las vegas.
We have a lock on becoming the 3rd most dynamic skyline in the U.S. by the end of this decade even without beating out Dubai and even without a supertall. We will be almost as far ahead of the rest of the country as New York and Chicago with no way any other American city could beat us out of that position. What is already built, under construction, or scheduled to start later this year, blows any other American city away except New York and Chicago. I don't think we'll have 60 buildings over 500 feet tall built by 2012, but 40 is a realistic figure. That is phenomenal considering Miami only had 4 over 500 feet tall at the end of the 90s. We will have 30-35 buildings 500' + either built or under construction by the end of this year, more than the current 3rd place American city, Houston. Note Emporis lists Brickell on the River North at 42 stories and 482 feet, while it lists Brickell on the River South at 46 stories and 423 feet. I have a feeling that's a misprint and that Brickell on the River South will be over 500 feet tall. I parked next to Wind, walked across the S. Miami Avenue Bridge and tried talking to some of the hardhats, but they don't care. They're just there to make a buck and usually know less than we do! I was told 460 feet, but I don't believe that. He's going by stories. We know stories and feet don't always add up to 10 per floor. One Wind hardhat did say they'll have work for the next 5 years at least and that there was a moratorium on not already approved projects. You should try walking to the apex the S. Miami Avenue Bridge one weekend and taking all of this in. It's very awe-inspiring! Take your wife or your girlfriend, and she'll think it's such a romantic thing you're doing while you're checking out all the guy stuff, all the big shiny new toys under construction! I think just about all of us like the design of the Flatiron and want to see it built. That's one that just has to be built, especially for Miami!

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Feb 25, 2007 at 7:46 PM. Reason: Added comment about Flatiron at the end.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2007, 7:58 PM

Dave8721 posted this pic on SSC a couple days ago. It was taken June 23, 2006 and I can't stop looking at it... Scroll to the right.

Last edited by Paul305; Feb 25, 2007 at 5:17 PM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2007, 10:22 PM
Atlantis Rises Again!

GREAT PIC!^ That goes without saying. Did one of my site surveys today. There is activity between SW 3rd Street and Wind that could be foundation work for Riverfront East Phase III (500 feet). Cima has a nice banner along the Miami River, but no discernible activity that could be the start of foundation work. Brickell on the River South is definitely taller than Brickell on the River North, whatever the real specs are, but after finding a vantage point by taking Metrorail and comparing it to 701 Brickell, I no longer believe it will break 500 feet. Avenue looks as though it could break 500 feet without us ever knowing the real final height specification as there would be fines there, as I suspect happened with Three Tequesta. Metrorail is a great way to study the skyline from different angles. The Infinity sales office is still where Infinity II is supposed to go, but it's only March 3rd. Plaza on Brickell looks more impressive by the day, as well as Avenue. (I almost got caught with the S. Miami Avenue bridge going up with me on it.) I hope both Plaza on Brickell towers break 500 feet. I have conflicting specs on that project, but by the end of this decade, we will have so many buildings over 500 feet tall, it won't matter anyway. (Over 500 feet is a tall building by New York standards.) I found this on Wikipedia. Thought some of you might find it interesting, this new specification for One Bayfront Plaza, if you haven't already seen it. NOW I'M GOING TO EXERCISE SOME SELF-DISCIPLINE AND KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT FOR A WHILE. I WILL BE LOOKING IN, BUT NOT SAYING A WORD EVEN IF ELEMENT BREAKS GROUND Let's see if I can make it until the 2008 World Almanac comes out in November. "The tallest completed building in Miami, Florida is the Four Seasons Hotel Miami. The city is currently on a massive Manhattanization wave. The Empire World Towers which are planned to be built in 2010 would become the tallest buildings in the city if built. They are currently going through the approval process, and are expected to be twin towers rising 1,200 ft (400 m) each with 106 floors. Another proposed supertall for the city is One Bayfront Plaza, an office tower expected to rise 1,250 ft (417 m) and 70 floors. It would surpass the Empire World Towers in height, due to its 300-foot spire, but would be much shorter in terms of the highest inhabitable floor."FLASH!!! EMPORIS HAS FINALLY POSTED THE OMNI DEVELOPMENT - 6 TOWERS BETWEEN 584 AND 644 FEET TALL MAKING THE MIAMI PAGE EVEN MORE INCREDIBLE !!! If built, they would balance the north end of the skyline with Brickell and create a nice I-395 skyscraper canyon with the Biscayne wall! One Herald Plaza would be even closer to I-395, creating an even more dramatic and impressive skyscraper canyon! Steve

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/ci/bu/s...=2&ht=3&sro=21

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Mar 31, 2007 at 4:40 PM. Reason: OMNI DEVELOPMENT IS FINALLY ON EMPORIS.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 6:02 PM

does anybody have any news about the lynx project. I havent heard anything for a very long time.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 6:27 PM

LYNX is dead

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
LYNX is dead
how did it die.

Last edited by drew11; Mar 8, 2007 at 1:25 PM.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 9:15 PM

The 2 acre property was sold with plans in a $48 million deal. The buyer, a young (28 yr. old?) millionaire, bought the development then realized he was getting ripped off and tried to void the contract, starting a huge legal battle. I'm not sure what happened after that. He probably had to either pay some hefty fines to get out of the contract or is stuck with one of the most expensive pieces of property south of Manhattan. Maybe someone else could pick up from where I left off but either way the project is dead so it doesn't matter.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 9:18 PM

hey look at these renders of the capitol i found.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 11:14 PM

I hope they do some SPECTACULAR lighting on that Capital crown

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 11:36 PM

Quote:
I hope they do some SPECTACULAR lighting on that Capital crown
I do too, today I found some good renders of brickell city center and a new one of the chelsiea.

city center

chelsiea

Here is one that I found and I am just posting it because I thought that is kind of cool.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 11:48 PM
skeetskeetskeet

holy crap to that pano...damn!

and again....whenever i come into the miami thread i am amazed. every time. just insane.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 1:23 PM

more capitol.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 5:06 PM

I love Capital!!!

I like the fact that we are now building a few blocks from the water, so everything isn't just lined up on the coast. Fills in the skyline nicely.

Just went to the opening last night for Karu & Y in downtown Miami near the Performing Arts Center. Man did they sink some serious dollars into that place! $20 million is what I heard, and after having seen it, I don't doubt it. talked briefly to Manny Diaz about the ball park....

Old Posted Mar 10, 2007, 3:20 PM

construction updates

LOOKING SOUTH AT THE BISCAYNE WALL DOWNTOWN:
MARINA BLUE, 900 BISCAYNE, TEN MUSEUM PARK, MARQUIS

BISCAYNE BOULEVARD IMPROVEMENTS:

CROSSING THE MIAMI RIVER:

pics by interesan-t

Old Posted Mar 10, 2007, 10:59 PM

hey guys i want to buy new condo for like 250k (studio or 1 bdr) in miami.
let me know what you suggest. i would like a building that is in construction right now and closing will be like in 1 year. please let me know your suggestions. thanks

Old Posted Mar 12, 2007, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAtlanta View Post
hey guys i want to buy new condo for like 250k (studio or 1 bdr) in miami.
let me know what you suggest. i would like a building that is in construction right now and closing will be like in 1 year. please let me know your suggestions. thanks
You wont find much in that price range but one option would be Loft 2 which should be closing in less than a year though.
Plaza on Brickell still offers some units in the high 200's for small 1-bedrooms and its U/C and should close in about a year.
For a little more (~300K + or - 10 or 20k depending on the unit) you could have a 2-story 1 bedroom at NeoVertika which just closed a few months ago.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 3:42 PM
Endless Moments...

Capitol is looking very kewl. I am loving the Biscayne wall, i remember when there was nothing there. Just looking at the pics, makes me want to jump in the car and drive there rite now...

Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 10:13 PM
Squint Like Clint

Does anyone know the status of the 1080 Brickell project??? I haven't seen anything on that one in a while.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations