HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Victoria Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Stockholm Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
Weeell that depends on what you mean by downtown. The core of downtown has highrises already (2 from the 20s and 6 from the 50s) and we in YIMBY Stockholm are working for allowing new taller highrises right by the central station (and slightly "normal" roofline on the proposed overdecking of the rail tracks).

But most of the Inner City have no plans for highrises what so ever and the Old Town does have very, very strong protection.
well, maybe what im calling downtown is actually, the old town... the oldest part of the city, wich has a lot of only pedestrian streets and all that... and yes, what i was saying, that part of the central station, is where should be more tall buildings. nice for stockholm! cool city!

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 9:58 AM
YIMBY co-founder

What your describing sounds like the Old Town, yes. It's where the streets are narrow and the palace and Riksdag are. Downtown (cunfusingly called "City" in Swedish) is more in the Central Station - Sergels Torg - Hötorget - Stureplan area. Both are part of the Inner City, i.e. the urban parts of the metro. Kista, where Victoria Tower is being built is 7-8 km from the edge of the Inner City.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Jan 8, 2010, 7:32 PM

ok, got it now! perfect.. i visited stockholm in 2001, so its a bit blurry now, but its a great city, love it... all the bridges between the islands in the old town, nice. and perfectly remember the central station area, and an area far from there, where i was staying...
so, again, nice to see buildings coming up...
as the last post said, he didnt like, i think this kind of designs are like that, love it or hate it, reminds me to that tower in london in elephant and castle, forgot the name, that has a cladding very difficult to love, it could happen the same here; and imo, this kind of claddings are hard to love 20 years later, but still love it tho. anyway, we have to wait to see the final result to be more critics.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2010, 11:22 PM
YIMBY co-founder

New pics!
this time taken with my phone, so the quality is so-so.

Looks to me like the core with the yellow top is the secondary core with just stairs while the one just coming up out of the ground is the one that's gonna house the elevators.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Feb 4, 2010, 7:07 PM

Nice design but too top-heavy.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2010, 8:24 PM
She needs her space

Can someone repost an official rendering? Please show me that it is not going to look like anything on the first page!

Old Posted Feb 5, 2010, 10:02 PM
YIMBY co-founder

Current rendering hotlinked directly from a main investor's site:

source

Not your typical glass box, very glitsy, very eruovision - almost a bit Liberace in a way. I kinda like it, and I like that it doesn't look like the one tower already standing in Kista and the third tower that's in the works looks very different from both KST and Victoria Tower. IMO this is a good thing.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2010, 10:33 PM
She needs her space

Thanks, appreciate it, I saw that in the page or so before, but I really did not think that it was the actual rendering hahaha. I am just not going to comment

Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 7:20 PM
YIMBY co-founder

Another two weeks and here's how it was around sunset today:

Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 8:47 PM

Swede, so this is all hotel and office? Man I bet condos in that building would be awesome. The Swedish are so stylish.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 8:00 PM

How tall is it going to be? This thread says 117 m, the diagram says 120 m while the drawing seems to be 146 m, which is what Wikipedia says.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 9:48 PM

I like the look of this tower. I can't wait to see the materials when they go up.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2010, 3:50 PM
YIMBY co-founder

Time for another update

pics are from april 18th. been lazy in getting them online.

See? They're claiming 117.47 m, which I guess will have to be verified...

the white concrete-pouring-arm-thingy is now constantly visible from my crib. In fact, I'm looking at it right now (my keyboard skillz are pretty good nowadays ).

Old Posted Apr 30, 2010, 6:13 PM

It's coming along, and I suppose it will be complete by 2011 from the look of it.

Old Posted May 1, 2010, 1:19 PM
YIMBY co-founder

New pics from yesterday:

Looked to me like there was rebar sticking up from the cores (not visible in the pics tho). So by my count the smaller core is 1/3rd done, and the main core is just 1 floor behind.

Old Posted May 1, 2010, 1:25 PM
YIMBY co-founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown_Tim View Post
It's coming along, and I suppose it will be complete by 2011 from the look of it.
Yeah, at about 6 months in the cores are about 1/3rd done so having it completed late next year seems reasonable.

Old Posted May 19, 2010, 10:33 AM
YIMBY co-founder

Both cores can now be seen from my apartment

ok, so one core is barely visible, but since I know what to look for I can see it

Old Posted May 19, 2010, 10:49 AM
if I sang out of tune

looking damn good that rendering. Can't wait to see it up

Old Posted May 19, 2010, 5:18 PM

c'mon on this one!!

Old Posted May 19, 2010, 5:32 PM

Very odd looking tower, I'm really interested to see how it turns out.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive