HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 25, 2018, 5:39 PM

Although Maurice got them playing well, he continued to make questionable decisions as you folks mentioned. Go with the best guys. Not Hendricks because he's a nice guy, etc. etc. etc.

Old Posted May 25, 2018, 10:02 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFadesAway View Post
I've heard from several different (unconnected) people that Stastny is building a house at Beaverbrook and Grosvenor.
I hope you are correct. I would rather have Stastny on 2C than Little, simply because the chemistry is not there, with the Ehlers - Little - Laine lineup. Stastny gels better with our two Scandinavian guns.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 2:51 AM

http://www.bellmtsplace.ca/box-office-information/

I guess no big renovation announcement this year, the season went too long for anything substantial.

Quote:
The Bell MTS Place atrium will be closed from June 26-July 27 for renovations to the atrium and the Main Box Office. Please visit the South Box Office located on the Skywalk Level Cityplace Bridge (over Graham Avenue) during this time. The South Box Office will be open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Saturdays (closed Sundays, and July 2, in recognition of Canada Day) while the Main Box Office is closed. The regular hours for both the Main and South Box Office locations will resume July 28, as per below.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 6:42 PM

Trade

The Jets have traded Armia and Mason (and 2 draft picks) to the Habs for minor leaguer Simon Bourque. So signing Stastny should be a done deal now.

https://thehockeywriters.com/canadie...a-mason-trade/

Old Posted Jul 1, 2018, 11:38 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khabibulin View Post
The Jets have traded Armia and Mason (and 2 draft picks) to the Habs for minor leaguer Simon Bourque. So signing Stastny should be a done deal now.

https://thehockeywriters.com/canadie...a-mason-trade/
Sadly, that got derailed, as Stastny is now with the Vegas Golden Knights.

Talk about a major stab in the back, face, and then a final blow by curbstomp. I'm kind of salty about this right now.

At the same time, we were doing great before we picked him up. We will be fine without him, and we do have more room to resign our RFAs. It would have been tighter had Stastny signed with us, but at the same time, Hellebuyck, Laine, and Trouba would have a higher chance of signing with us, especially Trouba, after all that hubbub a couple years ago.

Still not out of the woods yet though. This Free Agent Frenzy is just starting.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 5:27 AM
surely you agree with me

Stastny is a 40ish Point Guy. Basically the same stats as Perrault. Losing him isn’t a big deal. Losing Armia for nothing sucks. Hope Chevy gets a reliable backup to replace Mason.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
Sadly, that got derailed, as Stastny is now with the Vegas Golden Knights.

Talk about a major stab in the back, face, and then a final blow by curbstomp. I'm kind of salty about this right now.
You forgot to include a kick to the groin.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 3:27 PM

I feel like we have a bigger rivalry now with Vegas than we do with any of the central div teams. On the topic of armia, did we lose him for nothing? I’m pretty sure we needed that cap space regardless of whether or not we signed Stastny.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
Stastny is a 40ish Point Guy. Basically the same stats as Perrault. Losing him isn’t a big deal. Losing Armia for nothing sucks. Hope Chevy gets a reliable backup to replace Mason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by factis View Post
I feel like we have a bigger rivalry now with Vegas than we do with any of the central div teams. On the topic of armia, did we lose him for nothing? I’m pretty sure we needed that cap space regardless of whether or not we signed Stastny.
Agree with you both. Would it be nice to have Stastny? Of course, he fit in well. But, as Chevy said, they just couldn't make the number OR term work for him because of all the other signings we have to do this year and next. And sucks to lose Armia, but yes, we needed that cap space either way. Probably still would have had to get rid of another middle-salary player. We're pretty set at centre IMO, Roslovic will slot in well – that playoff run will pay dividends for him next season.

The Armia thing doesn't bother me, and getting rid of Mason and his cap are good, it was the extra two picks that seemed a little steep to me, especially since Montreal just bought Mason out.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
Nope.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Nope.
Laurent Brossoit is a 2016 AHL all-star. And he signed for the league minimum.

The 25-year-old has 28 games of NHL experience, with his best numbers coming in Edmonton in 2016-17. That season, he played eight games, posting a 0.928 save percentage and a 1.99 goals against average.

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/brosso...eg/c-299380894

Old Posted Jul 2, 2018, 8:06 PM

Quote:
I believe that Jets games against the Predators are going to be hard core, feisty and tough. Preds will play against the Jets more often during the season than the Knights, and coming off their 7 game epic series......look out!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 1:39 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khabibulin View Post
Laurent Brossoit is a 2016 AHL all-star. And he signed for the league minimum.

The 25-year-old has 28 games of NHL experience, with his best numbers coming in Edmonton in 2016-17. That season, he played eight games, posting a 0.928 save percentage and a 1.99 goals against average.

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/brosso...eg/c-299380894
Being an AHL all-star does not necessarily equate to being a reliable NHL backup goalie. Brossoit is mainly a career minor leaguer, who has been called up on occasion. His stats are not impressive. 0.897 saving %, and last year, finished with a 0.883% with a 3.24 saving percentage. Hutchinson had far better stats, and was a two time AHL all-star, including the 2017-18 season. Yet the Jets released him too.

Glad we made cap room by getting rid of Mason, but knowing that Comrie and Brossoit are going to be the main backup goalies frightens me. If Helle gets hurt or has a slump, we are in trouble next season.,

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 2:11 AM
BANNED

Quote:
I agree. It seems Vegas came into this league just to screw with the Jets. I hate that organization with a passion, unlike the classy Predators.

Armia was expendable. We are stacked in terms of offensive depth, and Armia was never going to be a top 6 forward. He will easily be be replaced.

As for Stastny, he is 32, and his best years are behind him. He did have a impressive run with the Jets, but I don't believe that will be sustainable, as I ahve been hearing from fans in St.Louis and Colorado, Stastny was never really known to produce in the playoffs, until this season. He is a 40-45 point player, not that different from Little, and two years older. It would have been great to keep him, but at $6.5-7.0 million/season, we have to be careful, as we have yet to sign Laine, Wheeler, Connor, Trouba, and Hellebuyck.

At any rate, signing Stastny would have meant we have 5 Centres:

1. Scheifele
2. Stastny
3. Little
4. Lowry
5. Copp

I am convinced this is going to be Roslovic's breakout year. He looked great in the playoffs, and the end of the season. He played #1 Centre for the Moose, and it should be an easy transition. He could very well be the #2 C by the end of the season. Stastny not signing could be a blessing in disguise if Roz exceeds expectations.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 2:36 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownBooster View Post
You forgot to include a kick to the groin.
Well... I didn't want to go that far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
I am convinced this is going to be Roslovic's breakout year. He looked great in the playoffs, and the end of the season. He played #1 Centre for the Moose, and it should be an easy transition. He could very well be the #2 C by the end of the season. Stastny not signing could be a blessing in disguise if Roz exceeds expectations.
Roslovic will definitely make the team this year after training camp. I would be very surprised if he doesn't. Connor pretty much made the team at this point as well, even though he started this past season with the Moose.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 3:15 AM

As crazy is it sounds, I could easily see Roslovic end up centring the 2nd line (has the speed) and little on the "4th" line. We all know though that the 4th line on the Jets is not a bad thing. Our third and fourth are essentially even, but that third line with Lowry is physical, so they slot well in the "third" role.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 3:23 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
As crazy is it sounds, I could easily see Roslovic end up centring the 2nd line (has the speed) and little on the "4th" line. We all know though that the 4th line on the Jets is not a bad thing. Our third and fourth are essentially even, but that third line with Lowry is physical, so they slot well in the "third" role.
I can't see Little being relegated to the 4th line. Little is a better player than Lowry, and the Jets would try and trade from Little, as he is making too much money to be on the 4th line. If I was a betting man, I would bet Maurice starts Little on the 2nd line, does some line juggling, then as the season progresses, gives Roslo his shot at a top 6 position.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 3:33 AM

^What I meant by "ending up" was that I don't think it'll start there, but will progress there. That's the thing about our 3rd/4th lines though – they're not traditional and very good. You could put Roslo on 2nd and Little on current 4th, and call it the third or whatever. We have third scoring/energy line, and a big bruising checking line (Lowry's) that can still score. The rest is just semantics – what the Jets have is rare.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 2:35 PM

Not to rain on the Stanley Cup parade, but Roslovic is second year guy and hasn't played near a full season. I like him, but the jury is out. Little has been on the decline. Lowry and Copp are 3rd, 4th liners. There is a reason they wanted Statsny. I don't think it's all doom and gloom but they need a good second line centre.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2018, 2:44 PM

Who are the expected FA's coming into the trade deadline this year. Likely a huge list right now, but I'm sure there would be someone available. I suspect the Jets will try to add some depth at the time again. But would be best if they could hang on to their draft picks.

What's concerning is the goalie situation and somewhat defense. More so goalies. If Hellebuyck goes down, there goes the season.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan