HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 4:34 PM
SD/OC

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy619 View Post
That first photo isn't Park and Market. Thats the Bosa development "Broadway Block" also going up nearby. Park and Market is the UCSD extension right? Too many big projects to keep track of, I love it.

Will Savina have anything on its rooftop? It sure look's like theres going to be something up there, hopefully not just for tenants. SD really lacks good rooftop bars/ clubs.

At least 9 rooftop bars come to mind. I’d actually say SD has led the way on rooftop bars.

Here are a few I can think of...Omnia, Hard Rock, Andaz/Roftop by STK, J Six, Hotel Republic, Hotel Palomar, Level 9, Glass Door, Kettner Exchange, etc.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 8:40 PM
Frequent Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will O' Wisp View Post
But because the City of SD has decided that would just look silly the Centre City PDO limits building heights to 500 feel above sea level across all of downtown. Although the City Council can overrule this and has done so in the past, unless your project is going to be iconic as One America Plaza (or the Seaport Village observation tower hopefully!) they're probably going to say no.
Fascinating, so this is why so many new buildings seem to arbitrarily be 470-480 feet. It still doesn't make sense that they used ASL, when Caltrans was only enforcing AGL.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman View Post
At least 9 rooftop bars come to mind. I’d actually say SD has led the way on rooftop bars.

Here are a few I can think of...Omnia, Hard Rock, Andaz/Roftop by STK, J Six, Hotel Republic, Hotel Palomar, Level 9, Glass Door, Kettner Exchange, etc.
Are any of those over 20 stories? Lol that's weak. Hyatt has top of the Hyatt at 40+ but it's all indoor. That's the only one 400+ft I can think of.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Are any of those over 20 stories? Lol that's weak. Hyatt has top of the Hyatt at 40+ but it's all indoor. That's the only one 400+ft I can think of.
Altitude Skylounge is on the 22nd floor I believe. Nice views of the Coronado bridge and into Petco park.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 11:14 PM
SD/OC

In many cases developers put the rooftop venues on the podium’s rooftop as opposed to the tower’s rooftop. Most cities have few at the top of a tower. NYC and a few other cities may be the exception.

Besides Altitude, Top of the Hyatt, and others mentioned, Cusp at Hotel LaJolla is breathtaking.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfishy View Post
I hope the Seaport redevelopment gets going before the next economic lull.
From what I heard Seaport should break ground early 2022

Old Posted Nov 13, 2018, 11:54 PM

It would be nice if some of these 40+ story high rises put bars, infinity pools, restaurants, or something at the top like cities in Asia. I guess there's more money in selling real estate than selling drinks. I'm still holding out hope Savina has something going on up top, what's the point of the overhang or the landscaping on the roof if there's no access. There's also been a cherry picker at the top for quite a while, hard to tell what it's doing but looks like its putting up lighting on the overhang.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 5:12 AM

Quote:
That first photo isn't Park and Market. Thats the Bosa development "Broadway Block" also going up nearby. Park and Market is the UCSD extension right? Too many big projects to keep track of, I love it.

Will Savina have anything on its rooftop? It sure look's like theres going to be something up there, hopefully not just for tenants. SD really lacks good rooftop bars/ clubs.
There are just waaay too many projects rn, I don't think anyone can keep them all straight...

I mentioned before a little bit about the controversy surrounding the establishment of the South Park Historic District, and it looks like it's finally filtered out into the press.

Outdoor museums that don’t pay for themselves

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations