HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

View Full Map

Old Posted Oct 22, 2017, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
Which theyll need a permit for
Fortress should sell this land to ATL hotels its a perfect for them , as this is never ever going to move forward

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 1:47 AM
Portage & Main 50 below

At this point, I just hope they rebuild the Plains. It was one of the nicer hotels from what I can remember.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only The Lonely.. View Post
At this point, I just hope they rebuild the Plains. It was one of the nicer hotels from what I can remember.
The Plains was a lot of things to a lot of people, none of those things was nice.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 11:26 AM

The biggest joke in Saskatchewan history

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 1:09 PM

It's interesting to see thefourthtower going through all the stages of grief.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
It's interesting to see thefourthtower going through all the stages of grief.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty c View Post
The Plains was a lot of things to a lot of people, none of those things was nice.
It was nice in the 1970s. Their fun neon sign changed colours, and was animated in different ways, to indicate the day's weather.

Of course, a lot of people on this forum weren't even alive in the 1970s.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
Fortress should sell this land to ATL hotels its a perfect for them , as this is never ever going to move forward
Honest question - what's with the cult-like obsession to ALT Hotels? It seems we can't go more than a month without it being suggested that a building in Regina would be perfect for ALT Hotels (CP site; SGI Building; probably a few others). I don't get it. It's a hotel chain. They have hotels. They have a particular style, & elements unique to them... but so do a dozen other brands. Why are we all hot & bothered over ALT?

Like, if I stay at one, will I become an ALT Hotel fanboy? Is there something in the water? What's the story?

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 8:03 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
Honest question - what's with the cult-like obsession to ALT Hotels? It seems we can't go more than a month without it being suggested that a building in Regina would be perfect for ALT Hotels (CP site; SGI Building; probably a few others). I don't get it. It's a hotel chain. They have hotels. They have a particular style, & elements unique to them... but so do a dozen other brands. Why are we all hot & bothered over ALT?

Like, if I stay at one, will I become an ALT Hotel fanboy? Is there something in the water? What's the story?
Likely just because there was a rumour that they were scouting for a Regina location and ALT is more of a downtown type hotel, so it would lead to either a Reno for an older building or a new building in the skyline.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:

They actually put an ad in the LP a number of years ago scouting land downtown and of course they are under construction in Saskatoon. I understand that are not currently interested in Regina.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 6:22 PM

Quote:

They're interesting hotels - they tend to be very industrial feeling, loft-style, with exposed concrete walls and ceilings. They don't do room service but have a bar service in the lobby, with snacks and other drinks for sale in a convenience-store style. They usually have a floor of useful meeting rooms.

I've stayed at the one at Pearson Airport in Toronto. It's not at all a convenient location for visiting Toronto, but it was perfect for having a meeting where people were coming in from out of the city.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 6:48 PM

ALT is a boutique hotel chain. No restaurants or fancy services. Just a nice room for you to stay in. ALT stands for alternative of course.

Germain group which owns ALT has more regular hotels under the le Germain brand.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 9:09 PM

Have stayed at Alt hotels in Montreal and Toronto...as has been stated already they very much have a pared down feel to them. Services provided are basic, but their design is very reminiscent of a European boutique type hotel. I really liked the ultra modern feel of the ones I stayed in...lobby looked like it was lifted from the pages of an Ikea catalogue! haha

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 10:38 PM

Cool - thanks for the info, everyone.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
Official Ground Breaking Ceremony Tomorrow!
What's the latest on this project Ben Myers?

Old Posted Nov 14, 2017, 9:05 PM
arf

There was something going on today. Some workers moving bags of something around.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Nov 14, 2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
There was something going on today. Some workers moving bags of something around.
sad that this is something that is worthy of reporting. but it is. moving "bags of something" is more progress than has been made in the preceding several weeks (months?)

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 4:43 AM

Quote:
sad that this is something that is worthy of reporting. but it is. moving "bags of something" is more progress than has been made in the preceding several weeks (months?)
Maybe Goodall signed a deal and there bringing the Canadian garbage back from the Phillipines to fill the hole!

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 2:58 PM

On the news today they showed several pieces of excavation equipment that had returned to the site.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Maybe Goodall signed a deal and there bringing the Canadian garbage back from the Phillipines to fill the hole!
Goodall? Jane Goodall?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan