HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Today, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
So I'm wondering when Selig and co is going to file for their land development permits and building permits. I would hate to just see nothing on that lot for the next year.
Do you mean 1105 West Peachtree? They have filed for land development permit for 1105 West Peachtree and it is pretty far along in the process. Correction: They have had parts of the permit approved as recently as December.

Speaking of permits...

Anthem Technology Center (748 West Peachtree) is very close to having their land development permit approved. This will probably be the next tower to break ground in Midtown.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Today at 1:26 AM.

Old Posted Today, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Do you mean 1105 West Peachtree? They have filed for land development permit for 1105 West Peachtree and it is pretty far along in the process. Correction: They have had parts of the permit approved as recently as December.

Speaking of permits...

Anthem Technology Center (748 West Peachtree) is very close to having their land development permit approved. This will probably beR the next tower to break ground in Midtown.
FYI: The bank at the corner of 3rd & W. Pchtr has closed and relocated to 4th & Pchtr (now named Landmark Bank). The teller told me Landmark Bank will be moving into Anthem within 2 years. Also, there is a flyer posted in the window of the Suntrust branch bank where Anthem will be constructed. The flyer says the branch will close on February 6th.

They'll probably use the southern half of the block for staging.

Old Posted Today, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
So I'm wondering when Selig and co is going to file for their land development permits and building permits. I would hate to just see nothing on that lot for the next year.

And let's not talk about Opus. I'm still skeptical they're not just playing all of us. Figures that two of the tallest proposals are struggling to get anything done. That's the story of Atlanta over the past decade.
And then there’s Eviva.

Old Posted Today, 5:16 PM

Took a walk around Midtown this morning.

There was a 3-man crew alongside Juniper and 5th behind the church. They had a single one of those drilling machines, I assume to take soil samples.

Apologies for the poor quality; they were watching me as I walked by, so this picture is definitely in the "creep shot" territory.

The dilapidated/condemned buildings on the bottom right of this map seem to be undergoing some sort of renovation/improvement. Don't know any details. There were several workers on site working on the interior.

I can't believe how awful the Proton Therapy Center looks and what a waste it is at this intersection. I know this isn't the first time someone has expressed that opinion here, but it was the first time I saw really how bad it is for myself.

Facing north alongside Peachtree:

Facing north along side Juniper:

Why do they need such a tall crane for this?

I also saw a car pull into the Eviva parking lot, pay the $5 for 3 hours of parking, at which point she left the lot to conduct her business.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, has there been any movement on the JR Crickets site?

Old Posted Today, 5:27 PM

What project is slated for the church property?

Old Posted Today, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
What project is slated for the church property?
It's going to be difficult to find, but I think someone related to the church on 5th and Peachtree came to this forum and said something was going there. I can't find the post so I'll defer to someone with a better memory than me.

Old Posted Today, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
It's going to be difficult to find, but I think someone related to the church on 5th and Peachtree came to this forum and said something was going there. I can't find the post so I'll defer to someone with a better memory than me.

I actually found the post in question:

http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/show....php?p=8017987

User dixiedoodle:

"I've been a follower of this site for a number of years, but have not posted until now. After reading about residential development in Midtown, I thought I would share some news. I am a member of Saint Mark UMC at the corner of Peachtree and 5th. We have entered into an agreement with a developer to purchase the property behind the church at the corner of Juniper and 5th to build a residential tower. It is scheduled to close by the end of 2018 and take two years to build. No details have been revealed yet, but a two year construction time indicates a significant size building. The church will own approximately 200 parking spots on a number of floors to be determined in a parking deck between the tower and the church. If all goes as planned, completion should be in early 2021."

Old Posted Today, 6:26 PM

Quote:
The dilapidated/condemned buildings on the bottom right of this map seem to be undergoing some sort of renovation/improvement. Don't know any details. There were several workers on site working on the interior.

My friend lives next to this building, and the renovation has been taking ages. If you thought Hanover West Peachtree was slow...

Old Posted Today, 8:58 PM

Quote:

Why do they need such a tall crane for this?
And originally, too long. Live in the condo to the south (The Reynolds at Linden/Peachtree), watched it go up. As they added extensions to the arm (sp?) they spun it around and the arm banged into the brick condo across the street.

Arm was shortened

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta