HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 11:48 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

...and to continue onto the next page, as per tradition in this thread.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 5:18 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

wow u can realy see the shame of the 2nd tower now

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 2:54 PM

Tough to visualize (you guys posted pics earlier in the thread to help me lol) but I would have thought the "square" would open up more at MTSC. It seems you'd walk out of MTSC at that corner and walk right into two buildings meeting with a small passage through to the square.

I hope they make that corner really cool and inviting. Plus, what can they do along Cityplace and the roadway there to make it not seem like a "tunnel" between two buildings?

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 3:12 PM

The opening does appear to be smaller than what I had thought. It will be wide open to Carlton, but rather closed off too MTSC.

And yes the shape of tower 2 is coming through quite well now.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
Except booze. And the opportunity to aggressively creep out women.
Opportunity awaits those who create it. I believe in all of you here!

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
The opening does appear to be smaller than what I had thought. It will be wide open to Carlton, but rather closed off too MTSC.
I was thinking the same thing... it looks surprisingly narrow.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Poster View Post
Tough to visualize (you guys posted pics earlier in the thread to help me lol) but I would have thought the "square" would open up more at MTSC. It seems you'd walk out of MTSC at that corner and walk right into two buildings meeting with a small passage through to the square.

I hope they make that corner really cool and inviting. Plus, what can they do along Cityplace and the roadway there to make it not seem like a "tunnel" between two buildings?
Have you shopped for real estate on-line? They have cameras that make a 4x5 foot bathroom look like a 100 sq ft spa.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 5:29 PM

Speaking of real estate. Has anyone tried using realtors.ca ? For many months now it says the security cert is wrong. I can get in the site, then search for Winnipeg and it gives an http error.

I've contacted their website and they want a storybook of my life to process a support ticket. I told them the site is giving a cert error and they didn't do anything.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Speaking of real estate. Has anyone tried using realtors.ca ? For many months now it says the security cert is wrong. I can get in the site, then search for Winnipeg and it gives an http error.

I've contacted their website and they want a storybook of my life to process a support ticket. I told them the site is giving a cert error and they didn't do anything.
i use google chrome no issues on the site or i use the app on my iphone 5 with no issues

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 6:03 PM

Quote:

Haven't had that problem but I find their site as clunky as all hell.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 6:27 PM

Wtf...

I use Chrome, IE/Edge, windows 7, 8, 10. Android. IOS. At home and office. F'in everything and I cant get in.. Kind of annoying.

I get this.

Then this.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 6:45 PM

Yes, ive repeatedly had issues with Realtor.ca Very annoying. I cant believe they havent fixed it.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 7:19 PM

While it isn't a fast site by any means, I've had no such troubles...?

Back to the topic at hand. TNS is really nice.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Poster View Post

Quote:

And yes the shape of tower 2 is coming through quite well now.

I have commented several times how I feel the TNS site should have been mirrored east-west with a larger opening on Hargrave instead of Carlton. On game/event night Hargrave north of the parkade could be closed like it is post-game and the plaza of TNS could have taken over the street. CityPlace could have been given a special targeted grant to do something like street fronting cafes on that stretch and it would have really changed the whole area. That said True North, et all don't own CityPlace and doing something like that would benefit another property owner so it is bad. Having the green space open onto Carlton opposite the RWB student residence has minimal impact on competition with True North, matter of fact the rumors are they own the old Hull books and stand to benefit down the line from developing that, something that would have been a lot harder to accomplish if the giant wall of the development fronted onto Carlton.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 12:01 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
I have commented several times how I feel the TNS site should have been mirrored east-west with a larger opening on Hargrave instead of Carlton. On game/event night Hargrave north of the parkade could be closed like it is post-game and the plaza of TNS could have taken over the street. CityPlace could have been given a special targeted grant to do something like street fronting cafes on that stretch and it would have really changed the whole area. That said True North, et all don't own CityPlace and doing something like that would benefit another property owner so it is bad. Having the green space open onto Carlton opposite the RWB student residence has minimal impact on competition with True North, matter of fact the rumors are they own the old Hull books and stand to benefit down the line from developing that, something that would have been a lot harder to accomplish if the giant wall of the development fronted onto Carlton.
I think it was 1ajs who previously brought up that the planned orientation of the square will maximize the natural light available to it. Orienting it on the NE corner of the lot, while providing a nice connection with MTSC, condemns it to shade.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 1:40 PM

In the end I think it'll be just fine. Like most everything else we drool over haha But yes, I posted some images from their website showing the sun, wind, etc on the square.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 8:45 PM

I'm trying to figure out what the one column is for, that's sticking out the plaza slab formwork in the foreground. Nothing in the renderings. I'm thinking maybe its for the skywalk and the design has been changed there. All the images I see show some kind of round platform there.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 10:35 PM

^ Isn't it for an overhang coming out of the residential tower? Unless I'm misunderstanding which column your referencing?

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 12:29 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

the skywalk i would say is correct for that columb ur wondering about

and yes it is orentatited to capture the most evening light possible when it matters

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan