HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 5:23 PM
Love Austin

Bickering

Feels like there is an uptick in bickering back and forth about trivial matters on here. As this is an online forum and as we’re no longer in the 1800’s its hard to say, “Why don’t we take this outside”. Might I suggest if the need arises to go at one another one of the parties suggest, “Why don’t we take this to the Bickering thread”? Let's see where this goes.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 5:34 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427MM View Post
Feels like there is an uptick in bickering back and forth about trivial matters on here. As this is an online forum and as we’re no longer in the 1800’s its hard to say, “Why don’t we take this outside”. Might I suggest if the need arises to go at one another one of the parties suggest, “Why don’t we take this to the Bickering thread”? Let's see where this goes.
I suggest we ask Donald Trump to mediate.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 6:10 PM

At the end of the day we all want to get informed on what is going on in the city, and in order to have those types of informed conversations, we need to be able to also debate the various issues that pertain to and are caused by our high rate of growth. Sometimes the topics are controversial and the debates can get heated, but I personally don't harbor any ill will towards anyone here, even if they personally attack me by suggesting that I don't know what I'm talking about. I will respond in kind, though.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 6:26 PM
World Traveler

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 6:53 PM

Isn't this what Surley is for?

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 7:01 PM

The format / structure of the SSP forum is pretty frustrating - stuck in the early 00s. I wish there were a better way to separate debate discussion from project updates, just as I wish there were a way to easily see all the renderings of a project without having to page back through the thread. It forces a lot of sifting/scrolling, especially when a handful of users spin off into a long debate.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 1:43 AM
JACKinBeantown

I disagree with all of you about everything! I also disagree with myself! So I'm very confused! That's why I'm shouting!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinbeantown View Post
i disagree with all of you about everything! I also disagree with myself! So i'm very confused! That's why i'm shouting!
i disagree that you are shouting! I'll show you some shouting!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 1:15 PM
World Traveler

This thread might turn into something fun here.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
This thread might turn into something fun here.
Bickering is your idea of fun??!! I'll argue your point and raise you 10 rebuttals.
You can thank me for all the fun later

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 6:28 PM

Let me try that again. I'LL SHOW YOU SHOUTING!

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 6:37 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Bickering is your idea of fun??!! I'll argue your point and raise you 10 rebuttals.
You can thank me for all the fun later
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 8:11 PM
Resident Moron

So, is this where we talk about Save Austin Now... like, we want bickering right?

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
Ah, Monty Python, great find, great skit....no it isn't.... Is it ok to bicker with one's self here???

Old Posted Aug 7, 2021, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427MM View Post
Say that to my face, bro!!

Old Posted Aug 7, 2021, 2:44 PM

I'm afraid social media has primed everyone to have a negative rapport behind the keyboard, thus making most combative and stupid. I wish a solar flare would wipe out the servers

::hugs::

Old Posted Aug 7, 2021, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post
I'm afraid social media has primed everyone to have a negative rapport behind the keyboard, thus making most combative and stupid. I wish a solar flare would wipe out the servers

::hugs::
The good thing about this site being based on 1990s tech is that it's probably immune to solar flares!

Old Posted Aug 8, 2021, 3:05 AM
Frontal Lobe Technician

How come this forum so boring? It has like 3 people who average about 5 posts a week each. All this in a forum dedicated to an epic boomtown like Austin. I guess all y'all too busy to contribute.

Anywho, thanks ATX and Urbanizer and the handful of other peeps that regularly contribute.

Peace!

Old Posted Aug 8, 2021, 4:31 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotomizer View Post
How come this forum so boring? It has like 3 people who average about 5 posts a week each. All this in a forum dedicated to an epic boomtown like Austin. I guess all y'all too busy to contribute.

Anywho, thanks ATX and Urbanizer and the handful of other peeps that regularly contribute.

Peace!
And Kevin rides his bicycle all around Travis County and Environs so far out into the boondocks that few people have ever seen them, to bring you a perspective of the active growth of the Austin Skyline that few other people have ever seen. He must be exhausted from the thousands of miles he has logged and the ambushes from the countless natives from The Homeless Zone he has encountered! You ungrateful wench!
And have you ever seen the number of postings of other SPFs from cities of roughly comparable sizes to Austin? (This does not include cities such as Phoenix, San Jose, and San Antonio, which have no real needs for SPFs.)

Old Posted Aug 8, 2021, 5:19 AM
Frontal Lobe Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinWimberley View Post
And Kevin rides his bicycle all around Travis County and Environs so far out into the boondocks that few people have ever seen them, to bring you a perspective of the active growth of the Austin Skyline that few other people have ever seen. He must be exhausted from the thousands of miles he has logged and the ambushes from the countless natives from The Homeless Zone he has encountered! You ungrateful wench!
And have you ever seen the number of postings of other SPFs from cities of roughly comparable sizes to Austin? (This does not include cities such as Phoenix, San Jose, and San Antonio, which have no real needs for SPFs.)
I envision KevinFromTexas as the ninja dude from that show Kung Fu, except he travels around on a bicycle.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin