HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 8:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
It's just tribalist BS -- people want a group of "others" to blame.

The guilty ones are the ones who caused damage. Even if they are all from Surrey, at the end of the day it doesn't matter.
Thank you!

I honestly dont see how this behaviour is any different than if we started a thread title "blame Indo Canadians?" or "Blame lower income families?" etc... and then have someone post anecdotal bs showing their point. On the Canada section I actually did see a racist comment blaming Indo and White Canadians and saying there were almost no Asians, well, from the pics I have seen that is a load of bs as well.

Bottom line is this, Vancouver population is under 700 000 people in a metro approaching 2.5 million, downtown Vancouver is under 200 000 in a metro approaching 2.5 million, therefore given that this was a big regional event hosted in the downtown core, and that the vast majority of our population, especially the youth population, does not live downtown, then it comes as no surprise that the majority are not from downtown.

The same way I am willing to bet that if Maple Ridge were to host a giant rock concert in our downtown for the region, and then there was a big riot, the majority of those rioters would not be from Maple Ridge, and then we could blame the rest of the metro...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation