HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation

Old Posted Aug 17, 2011, 5:14 PM

Vancouver's best activities and attractions for kids in the outdoors

Hi all,

I'm hoping to find more outdoor adventures for my two little ones. We really enjoy Vancouver in the outdoors especially in the summer. We'd like to hear from others where and how do they spend their time with kids in the outdoors. What are the best places to go for outdoor activities, parks or healthy attractions?

Thanks!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2011, 5:27 PM

Go swimming. Lots and lots of pool choices out there. One that particularly comes to mind is the new Hillcrest Community Pool that was built as a legacy for the 2010 games. I see lots of daycamps bring kids there since theres a huge "waterpark" of sorts there.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2011, 7:12 PM
Reason and Freedom

For the next couple of weeks, there is the PNE and Playland.

Generally, my favourite outdoor summer activity was (and still is) the beach, especially Spanish Banks at low tide.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2011, 12:09 AM

Agree with the above. Also, try http://www.littletots.ca. Tons of playgrounds attractions and activities for the kids.
Well said "especially in the summer" unless you like winter sports up the mountains.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation