HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 12:10 AM

Come on Capital Pointe!!! Get a move on already ;p!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Come on Capital Pointe!!! Get a move on already ;p!
They are removing asbestos that is why it is taking so long i agree with you start already

Old Posted Feb 12, 2011, 3:39 AM

CBC News at 6:00 this evening stated that demolition of the Plains Hotel won't start until mid-April (due to the careful removal of asbestos). Moreover, they also said that they need to sell approximately ten more units before the shovels break ground.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2011, 5:56 AM
Edan

Surely they will be able to sell at least 10 more units. Have a spring sale and your good to go.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2011, 6:36 PM

This is turning into one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" projects.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2011, 7:57 PM
arf

Residential projects take time. There's lots involved and this is a pretty big one. It wouldn't surprise me if it takes until the end of summer or longer to get a hole dug. Hopefully the changes coming through CMHC and the bank rates won't make us wait longer, but it might. Patience everyone. Patience.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Feb 14, 2011, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
CBC News at 6:00 this evening stated that demolition of the Plains Hotel won't start until mid-April (due to the careful removal of asbestos). Moreover, they also said that they need to sell approximately ten more units before the shovels break ground.
Who would give money to a company to hold in trust for a hope that this project is a go? Imagine the sales pitches and questions asked when you decide to change your mind and want your deposit back? A year from now when all there is is an empty lot and only long distance or 1-888 numbers to call about your deposit....or disconnected numbers.

All just my opinion of course.....but this has been shady from the start.

Just looking at the site now...it looks like they paid local transients to tie the plywood to the fence...no saws to cut it. Im guessing they are trading the "asbestos removal" for a place to crash. Little cold but out of the elements in there. That would explain the unchained and wide open walk in gap in the barrier fence. No real vehicle tracks in the snow around the place...except for maybe a few people sneaking in and parking for free.

Like I said...just my opinion. When there is a 50' hole being dug...I will have more confidence this will go ahead.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2011, 5:43 PM

Keep the faith, Reginans(?)!! If any of you have followed the River Village project at River Landing in Saskatoon, you will know this was a bit of a fiasco for several years. However, things seemed to have sorted themselves out here - at least it looks like they have, but we don't have a hole dug yet either

Anyway, I truly hope this project pans out for you, as I think it is a very positive addition to Regina and Saskatchewan!

Old Posted Feb 14, 2011, 10:20 PM

River Landing didn't just "sort itself out". If Kay Nasser hadn't stepped forward to put his own money towards the project, there'd be no project right now.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2011, 11:08 PM

lol I did I Google search on capital pointe Regina and this thread is like 8 or 9 place down. I wonder if the capital pointe guys know about this forum.

http://www.facebook.com/capitalpointe?v=app_2373072738

Old Posted Feb 14, 2011, 11:14 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

most likely

Old Posted Feb 15, 2011, 1:09 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
most likely
They took my rendering of the skyline (from this website) with Capital Point in it to use on their facebook page... They definitely know about it.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2011, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
River Landing didn't just "sort itself out". If Kay Nasser hadn't stepped forward to put his own money towards the project, there'd be no project right now.
I'm sure that's what he was referring to... No project just magically sorts itself out. There's obviously something/someone behind it.

And I'm pretty sure every forum member here from Saskatoon is well aware of Nasser.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2011, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
They took my rendering of the skyline (from this website) with Capital Point in it to use on their facebook page... They definitely know about it.
... That's professional.

Did they at least credit you in some way?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2011, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsim249 View Post
I'm sure that's what he was referring to... No project just magically sorts itself out. There's obviously something/someone behind it.

And I'm pretty sure every forum member here from Saskatoon is well aware of Nasser.
Yes, I am well aware of what it took to get this project back on track. Without Dr. Nasser coming in to 'rescue' this project from the original developer (Mr. Lobsinger with Lake Placid Developments), we would still be where many of you are feeling with respect to the Capital Pointe Project.

As this is a Regina forum, I did not think it appropriate to go into great details about a Saskatoon project, thus my use of "things sorted themselves out". For more detail, you can always visit a Saskatoon thread.

My point was, not to give up on this project as you never know who may be waiting in the wings if things go sideways on you.

Fingers crossed that this project goes ahead!

Old Posted Feb 15, 2011, 5:00 PM

Where is the sales center located?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2011, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeg View Post
Where is the sales center located?
Just south of the future project. They have a 5 foot tall model and a furnished kitchen.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 7:05 PM
BANNED

Just heard on the ctv news at noon that the project is about to begin. They have another investor on board, financing is complete, demolishion is to begin later this month, and the timeline for completion is Dec 2012. Great news indeed, with this project as well as the many others planned or under way, downtown Regina is going to be a totally different place!!!

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 7:11 PM

CTV is reporting on their noon newscast that CP's owners have brought in a new partner from Ontario to bring in much needed "financing and expertise". They also revealed that the general contractor is now PCL.

None of this will be surprising to followers of this forum. Many have been saying all along that this is a very complex and expensive project that would be challenging for the local ownwership group to pull off. Further we knew financing would be very difficult. We were also surpised that the architect from Ontario would be acting as general contractor. The Regina construction business is a very diificult one right now.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2011, 7:40 PM

Also good to hear that nothing in the original design has changed. Still planning for 26 floors and the Hilton hotel. Good news to have after the let down on the dome.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan