HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 30, 2017, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
T4T this is one your all time top ten posts:
Oops I meant by the pool sorry

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 4:32 AM
BANNED

So how did the opening game in new Mosaic work out?

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 8:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
As far as the event itself, it was off the charts. Regina put on a hell of a show to the country & by the large majority of comments from last night, the new stadium is a masterpiece.

As far as on the field, it was a very entertaining game. A team in year 4 of a rebuild squeaked out an OT victory over a team in Year 2 of a rebuild. It was quite amusing watching the Bombers at the end celebrate as if they won a championships, but I guess you gotta take what you can get when you haven't won anything since McDonalds sold pizza. Great night all around.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
It appears that the outcome of the game may have irritated some

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
It appears that the outcome of the game may have irritated some
You got that right!!!

It was entertaining to watch if nothing else.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 11:58 PM

Yes, I agree... it was certainly an entertaining game. It's amazing how many close finishes there have been in the preseason and thus far in the regular season.

Needless to say, NMS looked fantastic on TV.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 1:42 AM

New Mosaic

I was there to see the blue and gold win , fantastic game and stadium is great ! Good that Bombers and Riders have first class facilities ! I had only 2 minor complaints , signage for concessions and sections and washrooms need improving tough to find stuff using the signs , the other one is most of concessions under the stands so you can't watch game in line like you can at IGF! Great experience makes CFL look first class.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 7:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
As far as the event itself, it was off the charts. Regina put on a hell of a show to the country & by the large majority of comments from last night, the new stadium is a masterpiece.

As far as on the field, it was a very entertaining game. A team in year 4 of a rebuild squeaked out an OT victory over a team in Year 2 of a rebuild. It was quite amusing watching the Bombers at the end celebrate as if they won a championships, but I guess you gotta take what you can get when you haven't won anything since McDonalds sold pizza. Great night all around.
Great line!

BB's defense still is worrisome.

NEW Mosaic top notch, best in the CFL!

Pretty good, entertaining game, just too bad those in Van. TO and Montreal don't appreciate the CFL a bit more!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Great line!

BB's defense still is worrisome.

Pretty good, entertaining game, just too bad those in Van. TO and Montreal don't appreciate the CFL a bit more!
But the CFL doesn't have the athletes the NFL has!!!

Doesn't make it any less entertaining.

Last years test event with the Rams and Huskies was a great game and with the lower bowl full it made the game even more exciting!

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Not to sure on that one. TSN ran a piece about new Mosaic before the game on Saturday. They had two fans that were exited about the facility as they had front row upper deck seats. Besides the same obstructed views front row upper deck seats at both Mosaic and IGF suffer from one thing I noticed is those fans were in the 5xx section. That suggests they are a lot higher up that the front row of the upper deck at IGF.

Sure Mosaic looks nice on tv but I would put it tied for third with IGF as CFL stadiums I would want to visit based on watching the games. BC Place post-renos and BMO Field look absolutely fabulous on tv and are places I want to see in person. Timbits field though, wow you built a new facility and that is what you end up with? Montreal is obviously not changing but doesn't really come across as too exciting. Commonwealth looks horrible with all the empty seats but what can you realistically do when you play in a 50,000 seat facility? And McMahon well it still feels a lot like the old Winnipeg Stadium and their plans are something I am excited for.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 2:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Not to sure on that one. TSN ran a piece about new Mosaic before the game on Saturday. They had two fans that were exited about the facility as they had front row upper deck seats. Besides the same obstructed views front row upper deck seats at both Mosaic and IGF suffer from one thing I noticed is those fans were in the 5xx section. That suggests they are a lot higher up that the front row of the upper deck at IGF.

Sure Mosaic looks nice on tv but I would put it tied for third with IGF as CFL stadiums I would want to visit based on watching the games. BC Place post-renos and BMO Field look absolutely fabulous on tv and are places I want to see in person. Timbits field though, wow you built a new facility and that is what you end up with? Montreal is obviously not changing but doesn't really come across as too exciting. Commonwealth looks horrible with all the empty seats but what can you realistically do when you play in a 50,000 seat facility? And McMahon well it still feels a lot like the old Winnipeg Stadium and their plans are
something I am excited for.
Mosaic, IGF are number one and two and in that order, BMO is a glorified soccer pitch built on the cheap (it almost looks like a temporary stadium)

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 3:13 PM

I have been to both IGF and Mosaic. IGF is wonderful, but Mosaic's basic stadium is better. The street level main concourse at Mosaic is a big plus as is the wind-deflecting integrated roof. I personally prefer the design of Mosaic. There are very few obstructed seats in both stadiums. IGF is definitely louder. Mosaic has a better location. The suites at Mosaic are better as are the other premium seating options and lounges.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Besides the same obstructed views front row upper deck seats at both Mosaic and IGF suffer from one thing I noticed is those fans were in the 5xx section. That suggests they are a lot higher up that the front row of the upper deck at IGF.
The way they numbered the sections is a little bit confusing. The 300s are only on the West side (they're club seats) and there are no 200s on that side as a result. Those two fans in the 5xx section are no higher than they were in the old stadium; probably even closer actually.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 3:30 PM

have any of you guys been to the concerts at the stadium yet, bryan adams/OLP? my sister gave me GnR tickets, curious on what the sound/energy of the stadium holds on a music side of things, looks like it will be a fantastic time from what im reading from these comments.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 3:55 PM

Some cool shots from Saturday night:

TSN.ca

CFL.ca

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
have any of you guys been to the concerts at the stadium yet, bryan adams/OLP? my sister gave me GnR tickets, curious on what the sound/energy of the stadium holds on a music side of things, looks like it will be a fantastic time from what im reading from these comments.
The sound was outstanding. Far better than the Brandt Centre

Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSPC View Post
The way they numbered the sections is a little bit confusing. The 300s are only on the West side (they're club seats) and there are no 200s on that side as a result. Those two fans in the 5xx section are no higher than they were in the old stadium; probably even closer actually.
Thanks for the link and explanation. It is still somewhat odd that they don't have a 400 section.

That said looking at the pictures posted to this thread it would seem the 300 and higher sections are Mosaic are all further from the field than similar sections at IGF. That good side of that would be Mosaic has more seats paying higher ticket prices in lower sections.

In terms of the comment about few obstructed views and either stadium, it was pretty well documented there are lots of obstructed views in the upper deck at IGF due to things like safety railings. On the TSN clip on Mosaic you could see there were similar railings on the upper deck. At IGF I know the issue is they need a steel cable running the length of the upper deck as a safety to keep people from accidentally falling over. Problem is that ends up in most people's field of vision when in those seats. Pretty sure it is a common issue across most pro sports facilities regardless of the sport as soon as you have upper deck seating. For that season row 2 at IGF is almost more prime in the upper deck that row 1.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the link and explanation. It is still somewhat odd that they don't have a 400 section.
I believe the 4xx level is all boxes, which wouldn't appear on a general seating map. I might be wrong though.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSPC View Post
I believe the 4xx level is all boxes, which wouldn't appear on a general seating map. I might be wrong though.
That would be correct sir

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 2:33 AM

What are the seats like at NMS when at full capacity? Are the stands raked steeply enough to see over the people in front of you? Are they wide enough sideways to sit comfortably when you are surrounded by others? Can people pass by you in your row easily if you stand up? I was at the last game at old Mosaic and was literally crammed into the upper deck of the southwest stands. There was no room sideways, forwards or backwards.

THF is indeed a barebones stadium, but a massive improvement over tiny Ivor Wynne. While Ivor Wynne could hold more people, they were crammed into bench seating with little room. While holding fewer people even though physically far larger, THF actually has quite comfortable seating even when the place is full.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan