HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Vanderbilt in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 2, 2017, 5:37 PM

I noticed that it s rising so fast ,can not wait to see it into the skyline

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 2:18 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 3:14 AM
New Yorker for life

https://therealdeal.com/2017/12/05/g...ne-vanderbilt/

Law firm Greenberg Traurig is in talks to relocate to One Vanderbilt
Law firm is considering splitting space in supertall tower and SL Green’s 420 Lex

By Rich Bockmann
December 05, 2017

Quote:
The newest potential tenant at SL Green Realty’s 1.7 million-square-foot One Vanderbilt needs no introduction with the bigwigs at the real estate investment trust.

Greenberg Traurig, the law firm that’s represented SL Green in blockbuster deals like the $2.5 billion purchase of 11 Madison Avenue and the $453 million sale of the leasehold at the Lipstick Building, is negotiating to lease space at the under-construction supertall office tower, sources told The Real Deal.

The exact square footage under negotiation wasn’t immediately clear. Greenberg occupies roughly 200,000 square feet on a lease expiring in late 2021 at the MetLife Building at 200 Park Avenue, where the firm’s attorneys can peer out their windows at the steel superstructure rising out of the ground for what will eventually be the 1,401-foot-tall tower.

The law firm is also negotiation to lease back-office space at the Graybar Building at 420 Lexington Avenue, where SL Green’s headquarters are located.
Quote:
SL Green has long said it planned to wait until next year to launch its leasing efforts in full force, in order to ink deals closer to when the building is scheduled for completion in 2020. But company executives had said they would entertain potential deals if they came along, and there’s recently been activity.

In September, German lender DZ Bank and its affiliate, DVB Bank, signed leases totaling 35,500 square feet in the building. And firms like the Carlyle Group and McKinsey & Company have also reportedly shown interest in the tower, though the latter firm last month inked a deal to relocate its Midtown headquarters to 200,000 square feet at Silverstein Properties’ 3 World Trade Center.

SL Green signed One Vanderbilt anchor tenant TD Bank to 200,000 square feet in 2014. Chef Daniel Boloud earlier this year agreed to open an 11,000-square-foot restaurant on the tower’s second floor.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 12:07 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridnyc View Post
I noticed that it s rising so fast ,can not wait to see it into the skyline

yeah when you walk by they are lifting, clanging and banging and sparks are flying.

actually, i hope they aren't going too fast.

years back i saw workers going at it like such maniacs on the trump soho tower that it stopped me right in my tracks to watch i was so horrified. sure enough a worker was killed the very next day. really haunts me.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 2:00 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 12:54 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 9, 2017, 1:00 AM
New Yorker for life

Gaining on 30 Hudson for second tallest office tower in the city...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcZ3pDZh...by=fitnessru22

Old Posted Dec 9, 2017, 1:11 AM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

I'm dying to see live cladding.

And I'm also interested in finding out if they're gonna go a different glass hue for the ob deck as was conjectured in an earlier post.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2017, 1:29 PM
New Yorker for life

Just beginning to snow...

Old Posted Dec 11, 2017, 3:14 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 11, 2017, 11:40 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 2:43 PM

How'd you get this Spidey-view? Amazing.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 4:21 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
How'd you get this Spidey-view? Amazing.

It's in the link. There are a number of drone photos, including a similar shot of 30 Hudson Yards, which makes this one look like the baby it still is...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 1:02 AM
New Yorker for life

It's important how a skyscraper plays at street level, especially in a pedestrian friendly city like New York. I like this one already, even though it looks like the mother ship has landed from some angles. (And the city always looks best to me on overcast days).

DECEMBER 12, 2017

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 2:49 PM

Nice shots NYGuy. Now it's sunny...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcpU1XyD5MY/

Bringing in the big steel...

Crazy cantilevers and trusses...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 3:44 PM
Bostonian

I'm floored by the speed and complexity of the steel construction. It's really something to see.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downburst View Post
I'm floored by the speed and complexity of the steel construction. It's really something to see.
>> complexity...

Yes, it's straight-up astounding. It's CAD-meets-real-world-fabrication, with 10-50 ton beams being mated up to each other, with infrequent right-angles, with crazy-small tolerances. Insane.

My guess is the slice of the building they've been working on over the last few weeks is a gigantic load-transfer project... basically a huge series of north/south and east/west trusses being assembled to carry the rest of the building above. Second guess is that on top of that, things get somewhat more "regular" and the height will climb even more quickly.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 7:32 PM

I am almost 1000% sure drones are illegal in NYC.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
There is a permit process in NYC I believe.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2017, 7:45 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Yeah a permit for outside of designated areas, which are very few. Also, I believe FAA registration. There is a whole set of regulations for it.

Legality depends on the situation. If you have a permit, it varies on your location and the limitations and terms in the permit. Obviously flying right near an air port is a no-no. But people will fly them illegally anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Depends on the area. Permit does not mean its illegal, but you are bound by restrictions and rules. Drone flying in NYC is very restrictive.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive