HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #421  
Old Posted Dec 7, 2012, 6:54 PM
Vancity's Avatar
Vancity Vancity is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Richmond, BC
Posts: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
Do are great for Sunday morning DimSum, less impressive otherwise.
really. how come?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #422  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 5:04 AM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Trump Tower | Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 7,222
There is a Tim Horton's and Cold Stone Creamery opening at Granville and Nelson. Good to get our first Cold Stone in Downtown!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #423  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 5:17 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam/Rainbow Lake
Posts: 31,950
is it in that building with the colour changing section?
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #424  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 5:23 AM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Trump Tower | Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 7,222
I am currently abroad and only heard this from my wife, so I am not sure of the precise location. I was somehow assuming the new building where the 7 Eleven is also in, but I am not sure. Someone please walk by that area.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #425  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 5:34 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam/Rainbow Lake
Posts: 31,950
ah well its either that building or the pizza place kitty corner shut down or blendz but i doubt those would be the ones so must be the new building
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #426  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2012, 6:11 AM
Denscity Denscity is offline
Suburbs Suck
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Castlegar BC
Posts: 6,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
is it in that building with the colour changing section?
Yes it is on the corner. Walked by it a couple weeks ago.
__________________
Daily 1 hour flights from YCG to YVR & YYC on ACX
British Columbia is named after the Columbia River, a 4 minute walk from my house
Exactly halfway between Vancouver and Calgary
castlegar.ca
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #427  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 12:52 AM
whatnext whatnext is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,617
Uh oh, don't start your Chipotle love-in quite yet


Some of the diners who visited Vancouver’s new Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) following the fast-casual restaurant’s December 13 launch say they are shocked that chicken burritos cost 43% more than they do south of the border. Other CMG burritos cost more than 30% more in Canada than in the U.S.

“I would have understood and been happy if there was only a 10% difference and they charged $7 for a burrito. But $8.95? That’s gouging,” said Johnny Zakharia, who crosses the border regularly and frequently eats at some of the more than 1,350 Chipotle Mexican Grill outlets south of the border.

“There will be more people upset about the price difference when they become aware of it – especially people who regularly cross the border,” said Zakharia, who is an advocate for the homeless and the founder of the resource for the homeless BCHomeless.com.

CMG spokesperson Chris Arnold defended the price difference to Business in Vancouver.

“All of our pricing is done on a market-by-market basis, and it’s based on the cost of doing business in a given city...


http://www.biv.com/article/20121217/...m_medium=email
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #428  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 5:35 AM
hollywoodnorth's Avatar
hollywoodnorth hollywoodnorth is offline
Blazed Member - Citygater
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Posts: 5,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Uh oh, don't start your Chipotle love-in quite yet


Some of the diners who visited Vancouver’s new Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) following the fast-casual restaurant’s December 13 launch say they are shocked that chicken burritos cost 43% more than they do south of the border. Other CMG burritos cost more than 30% more in Canada than in the U.S.

“I would have understood and been happy if there was only a 10% difference and they charged $7 for a burrito. But $8.95? That’s gouging,” said Johnny Zakharia, who crosses the border regularly and frequently eats at some of the more than 1,350 Chipotle Mexican Grill outlets south of the border.

“There will be more people upset about the price difference when they become aware of it – especially people who regularly cross the border,” said Zakharia, who is an advocate for the homeless and the founder of the resource for the homeless BCHomeless.com.

CMG spokesperson Chris Arnold defended the price difference to Business in Vancouver.

“All of our pricing is done on a market-by-market basis, and it’s based on the cost of doing business in a given city...


http://www.biv.com/article/20121217/...m_medium=email
its gouging at its worst ....


Vancouver Robson Square – 818 Howe Street ORDER FORM
http://www.chipotle.com/FaxMenus/1875.pdf
Any of the above: $8.95


Lynnwood, Washington ORDER FORM
http://www.chipotle.com/FaxMenus/688.pdf
Veggie or Chichen: $6.25


43%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
http://www.votesmartbc.com
http://www.riskydix.ca
http://www.dixshiddenplan.ca

Quote of the Decade on SSP: "what happens would it be?" - argon007
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #429  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 5:43 AM
bardak bardak is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Uh oh, don't start your Chipotle love-in quite yet


Some of the diners who visited Vancouver’s new Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) following the fast-casual restaurant’s December 13 launch say they are shocked that chicken burritos cost 43% more than they do south of the border. Other CMG burritos cost more than 30% more in Canada than in the U.S.

“I would have understood and been happy if there was only a 10% difference and they charged $7 for a burrito. But $8.95? That’s gouging,” said Johnny Zakharia, who crosses the border regularly and frequently eats at some of the more than 1,350 Chipotle Mexican Grill outlets south of the border.

“There will be more people upset about the price difference when they become aware of it – especially people who regularly cross the border,” said Zakharia, who is an advocate for the homeless and the founder of the resource for the homeless BCHomeless.com.

CMG spokesperson Chris Arnold defended the price difference to Business in Vancouver.

“All of our pricing is done on a market-by-market basis, and it’s based on the cost of doing business in a given city...


http://www.biv.com/article/20121217/...m_medium=email
$8.95 sounds about right for higher end fast food in Canada. Last time I had Taco del Mar I know I paid more than $10 for a burrito and drink. We have a higher minimum wage, higher real estate, and higher cost of food what did people think was going to happen.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #430  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 5:48 AM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Trump Tower | Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 7,222
Mucho Burrito (I love their food!) has similar pricing, so I am not surprised. Good quality food costs a lot in Vancouver.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #431  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 6:45 AM
GeeCee's Avatar
GeeCee GeeCee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 2,509
Yeah, that Robson Square rent is gonna be a hell of a lot more money than Lynwood.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #432  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 11:16 AM
Sir Conga's Avatar
Sir Conga Sir Conga is offline
Be nice.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 353
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #433  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 3:07 PM
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 7,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeCee View Post
Yeah, that Robson Square rent is gonna be a hell of a lot more money than Lynwood.
Plus $10.25 minimum wage, plus the cost of dairy products in Canada...

Who is surprised, and why?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #434  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 4:52 PM
giallo's Avatar
giallo giallo is offline
be nice to the crackheads
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Shanghai/Seoul/Vancouver
Posts: 8,658
^Agreed. Things cost more in Canada, but we get more in return (though sometimes it may not seem like it).

When I get back to Vancouver, I'll be stopping in, and grabbing a burrito bowl.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #435  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 4:56 PM
GeeCee's Avatar
GeeCee GeeCee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 2,509
Apparently the Five Guys in PoCo is set to open 'very soon'. There is a picture of the inside with the kitchen in full operation on foursquare..

Between Fatburger in Coquitlam, Vera's in Port Moody, and Five Guys in PoCo, the tri-cities are certainly home to some decent burger chains! Now we just need a Carl's Jr..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #436  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2012, 5:05 PM
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 7,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeCee View Post
Apparently the Five Guys in PoCo is set to open 'very soon'. There is a picture of the inside with the kitchen in full operation on foursquare..

Between Fatburger in Coquitlam, Vera's in Port Moody, and Five Guys in PoCo, the tri-cities are certainly home to some decent burger chains! Now we just need a Carl's Jr..
What is taking so long with the Five Guys downtown? I don't get it. Best burger place IMHO, can't wait for it!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #437  
Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 9:14 AM
GeeCee's Avatar
GeeCee GeeCee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 2,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
What is taking so long with the Five Guys downtown? I don't get it. Best burger place IMHO, can't wait for it!
Really not sure, but I think that one is opening soon as well. I think they do quite a bit of training with the management for each store which might explain it. The interiors of the stores are rather spartan, so I don't think that it is a construction issue. The company as a whole seems to be growing very rapidly either way.

The PoCo location is apparently now open: http://thefoodqueen.com/2012/12/19/f...tlam-now-open/

Last edited by GeeCee; Dec 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #438  
Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 9:46 PM
NewfBC NewfBC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 588
What's being built across from the new Walmart in Poco? It almost looks like a Carl's JR.

Ron.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #439  
Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 10:35 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam/Rainbow Lake
Posts: 31,950
could be
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #440  
Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 10:39 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam/Rainbow Lake
Posts: 31,950
how do the chipotle prices compare to the one in toronto?
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.