HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 4, 2017, 9:01 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
Amazing photos, Tennis.

Does anyone know how many widebody aircraft this thing will be able to handle at one time?
The photos are from rickyj .. thank him

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 2:38 PM
-

Reilly Foods (three building project)

American Trade Hotel

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 3:23 PM
-

The Jung:

Towneplace/Springhill Suites

Canal Crossing

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 5:53 PM

Great to see quick progress on the Reilly foods project. Also great to see real balconies - I just hate seeing those fake balconies that have popped up on a number of recent projects.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 6:07 PM

First time poster here:

Wow, tennis! Your neighborhood is really turning a corner. The Jung is a tremendous boost to the area and Canal Crossing is a game changer. Even the old UNO building is starting to look better with the white painting stripes on window muntins. I can now better imagine how this building will contribute visually when all is completed.

The only big space left on that end of Canal, obviously, is the large parking lot uptown-side. Any plans for that site yet? Also, once Charity gets moving, I imagine some more infill finally taking root on your block.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 7:02 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algerine View Post
First time poster here:

Wow, tennis! Your neighborhood is really turning a corner. The Jung is a tremendous boost to the area and Canal Crossing is a game changer. Even the old UNO building is starting to look better with the white painting stripes on window muntins. I can now better imagine how this building will contribute visually when all is completed.

The only big space left on that end of Canal, obviously, is the large parking lot uptown-side. Any plans for that site yet? Also, once Charity gets moving, I imagine some more infill finally taking root on your block.
its funny.. everyone thought i was literally insane building here... now not so much lol ... but yeah i could see the day my house is bought out and bulldozed ... no idea on plans across the street but i assume one day soon

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 7:09 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algerine View Post
First time poster here:

its actually the other way around the white is getting painted black.. so thats the finished.. as seen in this rendering

Old Posted Nov 6, 2017, 5:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
its actually the other way around the white is getting painted black.. so thats the finished.. as seen in this rendering

What about the adjoining building? The black one with the silver "tornado" going down the sides. My mom worked in that building when I was a kid and I have fond memories of it.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2017, 7:29 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
What about the adjoining building? The black one with the silver "tornado" going down the sides. My mom worked in that building when I was a kid and I have fond memories of it.
You mean the Murphy Oil building? Tulane School of Medicine owns it, uses it mainly for administrative offices and some classroom space. I had a class there once as an undergrad back in 2009.

I don't think it's fully utilized, but much of the building is reserved as future expansion space.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2017, 1:40 PM

WWII Garage/Hotel

I didn't get to snap any pictures but yesterday when I was avoiding traffic after the saints game I noticed what looked to be pilings being driven or some excavation work. It also looked like there had been a little activity in the garage retail spaces.

Last edited by prettyboyfloyd; Nov 6, 2017 at 2:24 PM.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2017, 2:30 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyboyfloyd View Post
I didn't get to snap any pictures but yesterday when I was avoiding traffic after the saints game I noticed what looked to be pilings being driven or some excavation work. It also looked like there had been a little activity in the garage retail spaces.
yes the hotel is starting (demo permits were approved for parking lot and new offices are being built for some company in the bottom level of the garage)

Old Posted Nov 6, 2017, 2:31 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
You mean the Murphy Oil building? Tulane School of Medicine owns it, uses it mainly for administrative offices and some classroom space. I had a class there once as an undergrad back in 2009.

I don't think it's fully utilized, but much of the building is reserved as future expansion space.
its seems to have plenty of lights on at night.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 6:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post

Thanks. Glad to here it's being used for something. I remember being fascinated by the tunnel between it and the building with the hotel now.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 2:30 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
Thanks. Glad to here it's being used for something. I remember being fascinated by the tunnel between it and the building with the hotel now.
tunnel? i know that little bit of building between the two with the pool is strangely enough actually part of 1630 canal . didnt know there was a tunnel there too

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 2:36 PM
-

Jackson Oaks project looks to be moving forward again

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 2:39 PM
-

New Hotel On St Bernard Ave filed permit to build:

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 3:18 PM

Good to see the Sara Mayo renovation moving forward. I hope something similar is done with the old Lindy Boggs hospital. That area has a lot of activity now:

The Greenway Phase 1 (Edwards Communities)

37Hundred (20 townhouses on Bienville

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 5:20 PM
-

thanks for the pics and i agree the area has a ton of potential .. lindy boggs i hope becomes something better than assisted living

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 6:38 PM
-

The Odeon (looks like once you add the mechanical room height to the project its in the 340s height range which should put it at around 19th tallest building in the city.. and tallest building built in the city since 1989 Benson Tower)

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 6:39 PM
-

4400 General De Gaulle Dr·Design Review · Project #DR154-17 ·Ref Code: QP8AQN
Download (15) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Design Review
Applicant:
Chase Bank #513931
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
11/6/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Design review for new construction / development with 100 feet or more of lot frontage in a CT overlay district

djsnola
616 Royal St·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: NWB7BS
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Jonathan Tate
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
11/3/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Renovation to existing structures for use as a antique store as per plans

djsnola

2936 Esplanade Ave·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: 5VNT0T
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Subhabrota Guha Sarkar
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
11/6/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Patio (shed) at the rear of the main temple building on open space within the temple property as per plans. (14’-6" x 60’-0")

djsnola

500 Dauphine St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: LFMFNQ
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Jack Conlee
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
11/6/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Replace existing 10 steel gallery posts. They will look identical to the current posts regarding color, size, and placement. The current ones are getting severely rusted. One was recently hit and damaged by a car.

djsnola
210 State St, Building 3·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: M624AY
Download (7) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
EDR Architects, Kyle Digby
Application Review
Date Filed:
11/7/2017
Closed:
No
Description
THE HOUSE WILL BE USED BY THE DEVELOPMENT OFFICE FOR ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES. SCOPE INCLUDES REMOVAL OF ALL NON-ORIGINAL ELEMENTS, EXTERIOR RESTORATION, RENOVATION OF PORCHES AND GALLERIES, AND FULL RENOVATION OF INTERIORS.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations