HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Jul 9, 2005, 3:59 AM
Is Here To Stay. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker
Hey Pride, when you get the time would you mind explaining both the Air Purifier mod and the RCI Demand mod and possibly...if you have ALOT of time, and know off the top of your head, giving me a link to both of them?
Ok Bna, if you are a member of Simtropolis, here are the links to the RCI mod, and the air purifier. I went ahead and threw in the link to an awesome disposal plant, as well.

Super Demand Ordiance Mod

Air Purification Plant 2x2

Advanced Disposal Plant

Old Posted Jul 13, 2005, 4:58 PM
Red October standing by

right now it's 2.3 million in SC4. no cheats to get to 2.2 million, then i decided i need major urban renewal and didn't want to fuck with letting it run for a long time, so i got $4 billion worth of federal aid (it was my region's capitol, but the federal government moved it.)

here's a very outdated region view (the other side of the region, across the sound, is now populated, but not as densely.)

-

-fflint

Old Posted Jul 13, 2005, 7:56 PM

Largest city so far has been about 230,000 with no cheats, etc. I can't really seem to get it to grow much larger ...

Old Posted Jul 14, 2005, 2:58 PM

I been playing for 6 months now my largest city is ~ 105k and second largest is 100K. I have smaller cities around them in the 50 to 15K range.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2005, 7:33 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

My largest city is 2.1 million people (after 1,000 years of gameplay, I don't believe it can or will grow any more), and my region is up to 5.3 million and still growing rapidly.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2005, 10:26 PM
The Vomit Bag.

29 million, I sh*t you not!

Sim City 2000: I kicked ass and made a behemouth of 29 million. How? Well, with my insanity, I totally built it up, ran it for a day or two for money, gradually replacing all built up areas with Archologies.

Sim City 3000: I have built no less than 40 cities that have reached 2.5 million. Without using any cheats. This number, however, seems to be rather close to the absolute maximum.

Sim City 4: Gave up, after hitting half-a-mil. The game had too many shortcomings, was a memory hog, etc. Went back to playing Sim City 3000.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2005, 2:09 AM
Posting Quick Reply

SC4 confused the hell out of me, but my Sim City 3000 Unlimited won't work except for BAP, which is all I do anymore on there (made a cool Comcast Center, then remade it better).

Old Posted Jul 19, 2005, 4:15 PM
30,000 Feet and Climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint
My largest city is 2.1 million people (after 1,000 years of gameplay, I don't believe it can or will grow any more), and my region is up to 5.3 million and still growing rapidly.
In SimCity 4?? How u get that many people??? Or did u use one of those very large lots in a region??

Old Posted Jul 19, 2005, 4:35 PM
Administrator

I don't play very much at all, especially in the past year or so... My largest SC4 metro used to be 2.4mil with a center city of about 500k...

But since that file got corrupted and I had to start over, my biggest metro is 1.8mil, with a center city of 400k res pop... However, when C and I jobs are tabulated as pop, then the number swells to over 1 million. (the new metro is very centralized, with tens of thousands of commuters working in the center city)

Old Posted Jul 20, 2005, 10:04 PM
Red October standing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortydee999
Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint
In SimCity 4?? How u get that many people??? Or did u use one of those very large lots in a region??
really large lot that's really dense.

-

-fflint

Old Posted Jul 23, 2005, 2:44 AM

I don't play it very often. Maybe once or twice a month, but the region I have in SC4 is almost 4 million with only about 60% of the land developed. My first major city was on a large plot, completely filled and peaks at about 680k. I built another major city that has peaked at 800k, but keeps dipping below. That one still has room to grow, but residential demand is slow and the dreaded long commute is playing a part. My entire region is connected by an extensive highway and rail system. I also have about 6 other cities ranging from 150k to 400k in the region, three of which I am slowly growing into major ones. I don't use any cheats or mods.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2005, 10:08 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

My city of 2.1 million is indeed on the largest available lot size, but yes--it's really dense. Infinitely moreso than any of my other cities. It might be able to grow more if I had a more powerful computer--I've only got a 256-Meg video card and 1 Gig of RAM. So, as things are right now, it's pretty much built out.

I zoned everything at the densest level from the very beginning, and eventually, after about 750 years, I replaced all the industry with commercial and residential (all the industry is now in the nearby port city). It's been a commercial powerhouse for the last 250 years or so...

Old Posted Jul 25, 2005, 7:14 PM
Navyweaxguy

I hit 300K with one single city, the region is up at around 2.1 Mil.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2005, 2:29 AM
Bah!

Sim City 3000 - I have a couple of cities that are hovering around the 1.2 million mark.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2005, 3:10 AM
Run with Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride
I have to admit, that downloading the air purifier was one of the best downloads I still use to this day.
Trust me there are times when you want slums. I downloaded that a long time ago and didnt figure out how to shut it off untill last month-I was going nuts all I wanted were some dense slums.

My Biggest City is like 3.3 million or something its on a large tile though about 40% of the city is water and about 5%-10% is unbuildable. Very Hong Kong like- I didnt even plan it to get that big it just sort of happen. Any how I dont know if I still have it because my shitty computer crashed and lost every thing else (inculding all my pictures and music) any how
"Dazzled by the needles of light stitching the water, I turned to watch him watch them. I noticed his eyelashes were reflected in his eyes, like awning in windowpanes. As I tried to make sense of that reflection, I found I could not look away. His irises were brown, clouding into orange with brighter flecks around his pupils. Then it became as important not to look as to look, I feared I would be lost in rush of bronze motes."

Old Posted Jul 26, 2005, 1:24 PM
Is Here To Stay. . .

Well, this wasn't a mod. This was nothing more than a 2x2 building, that cleaned the air wherever it was plopped. However, I don't place them everywhere. There are locations that I leave alone, and let them grow on their own. Besides, I like to plan, and create realistic looking city; including slums and ghettos.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2005, 6:54 PM
Run with Love

^ I see mine was city wide no smoke smog nothing so land vaules are high every where and develpment patterns scattered
"Dazzled by the needles of light stitching the water, I turned to watch him watch them. I noticed his eyelashes were reflected in his eyes, like awning in windowpanes. As I tried to make sense of that reflection, I found I could not look away. His irises were brown, clouding into orange with brighter flecks around his pupils. Then it became as important not to look as to look, I feared I would be lost in rush of bronze motes."

Old Posted Aug 1, 2005, 12:44 PM
Is Here To Stay. . .

Yeah, I decided not to download that mod. . .No one wants Beverly Hills in every city.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2005, 1:48 AM

Let's get some more screenshots!

Old Posted Aug 20, 2005, 5:54 AM
Route of the Rockets

My largest thus far is Corinth - the region has about 1,014,000 and the city has about 390,000.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art