HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
The tree lawn, rather, of parts of downtown(ish) area. Not the actual sidewalk. It was across the street from some interesting western-esque one story structures documented in this here thread. I appreciated that. I'll be back to Austin (and Houston and Dallas).
I'll have to check it out next time downtown. From my recollection of the 6th St. district, what I recall is an architectural style common to many areas of the country, including the Midwest, from a very historic era. But I'll keep an open mind and look next time down there (not that I go to that part of downtown much; I hate it...drugs, crime, stench, etc.). In fairness, I should mention that I read the other day that there's a task force that will try to clean up 6th street. They don't need to take away the fun and the bars, just the bad aspects. Of course, the fun and bars would have to remain, since it's such a tourist draw and revenue generator.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2012, 4:32 AM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviationGuy View Post
I'll have to check it out next time downtown. From my recollection of the 6th St. district, what I recall is an architectural style common to many areas of the country, including the Midwest, from a very historic era. But I'll keep an open mind and look next time down there (not that I go to that part of downtown much; I hate it...drugs, crime, stench, etc.). In fairness, I should mention that I read the other day that there's a task force that will try to clean up 6th street. They don't need to take away the fun and the bars, just the bad aspects. Of course, the fun and bars would have to remain, since it's such a tourist draw and revenue generator.
Yeah I don't know I would probably be part of the crime and drugs.

Shit I don't know everything though. I say I've seen it all but I sure haven't.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos