HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henburg View Post
Wow! This was probably the last project that I ever expected to be revived, but it looks great! This will really be good for BRT as well.
Exactly. We've pretty all but considered it dead since no "for sale" sign was placed on the property. This kinda came out of left field, at least the picking of the WES as the site.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 10:59 PM

Palmer: West End Summit to include 225-room luxury hotel

So apparently we haven't seen the final rendering I'm guessing with this coming out today. This project coming back to life today jsut gets better!

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...e-225-key.html

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 12:57 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
So apparently we haven't seen the final rendering I'm guessing with this coming out today. This project coming back to life today jsut gets better!

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...e-225-key.html
225 room hotel...That would have to put a little more height on one of the towers.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 1:11 AM

Yep, if it doesn't go in a 3 building, which I doubt.

Now speculation as to the branding. I mean we did have executives from Ritz Carlton in town a few months back.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2012, 7:04 PM

Even more cranes on the way for the core! Half of the Lionstone property on Music Row has been purchased by Faison Capital from Charlotte, NC who plans to start an apartment building by the end of the year. The project is currently in the design phase. This is part of the property on Demonbreun that was in a highly publicized dispute with Joy Ford. Lionstone is still planning an office building for the other half.

We will have this one, Hensler's 12th & Laurel and the massive West End Summit complex possibly under construction all a few blocks from each other. That's not to mention all the other Midtown projects currently u/c or with starts soon. We really have quite a bit of growth that will hopefully help us land Fed funds for the East-West Connector next year.

NBJ - Lionstone sells half of high-profile Music Row site for $6.75M

The Tennessean - Music Row-area apartments planned by N.C. development company

1515 Demonbreun Site

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 4:34 PM

Talking $100M development coming to 21st Ave South by Vandy

The good news train of development just keeps coming into Nashville for yet another stop. While it is a small plot of land, it likely means at least a 10-15 floor building and less car-driven businesses, i.e. the Wendy's, taking up valuable land along an extremely traveled corridor by both pedestrians and vehicles.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...|text|Business

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 4:57 PM

This is another big project on a prime location in Midtown! Looks like another twin tower project.

Site Location

Major mixed-use hotel development planned across from Vanderbilt

A mixed-use development — consisting of a hotel, residential units and retail space — is on the drawing board for 21st Avenue across from Vanderbilt University.

Buckingham Cos., an Indianapolis-based developer, has requested a rezoning to allow for mixed-use development on nearly two acres where 21st Avenue splits into Broadway and Division Street.

A phone call to Buckingham Cos. was not immediately returned.

The property, which currently houses a Wendy's and Benchmark bar/restaurant, is owned by LaGasse Family Partners. The LaGasse family, which owns several parcels in the area, has leased the property to Buckingham.

The project, which also involves Nashville-based Littlejohn Engineering Associates, now heads to the planning commission, which is expected to hear the request next month.

Last edited by ariesjow; Oct 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 6:19 PM
Future God

Wow, this is getting crazy! I've never seen this much development in Nashville at one time before! This last development does replace a few properties that I like, and I have always thought that the neighborhood was more suited as a lowrise urban neighborhood, but that's fine. I guess that idea flew out the window with Adelicia anyway. As long as the building that the Great Escape isn't touched, and also that small strip of restaurants right behind this development along 20th and across from Adelicia isn't touched then they can build all the towers they want in this neighborhood.

EDIT: Upon second inspection of the site plan, it appears to leave the Mellow Mushroom building on the corner of Grand and 21st in tact, so that's great! The building that the Varsity is in is okay, but obviously this is a huge upgrade, so overall, this will be removing a huge chunk of what is essentially urban 'dead space' from the equation in one of Nashville's premier up and coming neighborhoods. Great news!

-Bob Marley

Last edited by BnaBreaker; Oct 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 7:01 PM

Yeah, the good news seems to be pouring in these days. If I recall correctly, the Great Escape has already moved from the neat location in Midtown to a larger location on Charlotte Pike near White Bridge Road. At least I think I remember reading that somewhere months ago. There is definitely one on Charlotte.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 7:09 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

I might have overlooked it, but any mention on an architect or projected ground breaking date?

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 7:13 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
Yeah, the good news seems to be pouring in these days. If I recall correctly, the Great Escape has already moved from the neat location in Midtown to a larger location on Charlotte Pike near White Bridge Road. At least I think I remember reading that somewhere months ago. There is definitely one on Charlotte.
Wow, it has been there for as long as I can remember! That's surprising. You know, I even like that mini-mart that is right next to it on that triangle corner there. I hope those things never disappear (though the corner could be cleaned up and put to better use than a parking lot). Personally, I love structures like that. They're built right up to the street, so from an urban design perspective it's just fine, but they're also so quirky and full of character. Those are the types of buildings that sets neighborhoods apart from their counterparts and gives them a unique feel. I'm sure many Nashvillians look at those buildings and just see 'dirty...ugly...too old'...and that's a shame.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 7:19 PM

Is Capitol Books (or maybe it's Capitol Records) still open ? I miss that place.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 9:56 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

BB&T unit lines up financing for City Center garage build

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postb...r_garage_build

The article still states the plans for a possible 25 story tower on top of the garage. We'll see.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 10:39 PM
Future God

How incredible would it be to finally see NCC 2 rise after all these years?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 10:57 PM

Or *cough,cough* 505 CST.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 12:52 AM

Rendering for the Buckingham Cos./LaGasse Family development
18-story hotel (left) - 13-story apartment building - ground floor retail & restaurants

Last edited by ariesjow; Oct 3, 2012 at 4:34 AM.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 12:57 AM
Future God

Wow...I...uh...I like it...I think??

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 1:11 AM

I've looked at the rendering for a while, and I really am not a huge fan of how it looks. It's definitely not bad, and there are certain aspects of it that I like, but it's too mismatch-y. Somebody on UP called it Disney architecture, which I think is pretty accurate. I think that they wanted to match the classiness of Vanderbilt, but I would prefer something modern, like the City Way project in Indianapolis that this group is also developing.

However, this is a huge project that adds density to a great area of Nashville, so it really is good news. We are truly a lucky city to be getting all of these great proposals.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 1:20 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

I don't mind it, in fact I like it. The firm designing this has to be extremely careful with their color selections and massing...multiple buildings that try to mimic their historic surroundings are a huge fail.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 4:10 AM

News Channel 5 is reporting that the hotel portion of the Buckingham development will be 18 floors. It should be close to the height of the Adelicia nearby which is also 18 floors.

Development Proposed For 21st Avenue Near Vanderbilt

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations