HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Aug 13, 2013, 5:21 PM
Sanity merchant

Bradley extention (google easter egg?)

I was tinkering on the google maps, and noticed the below. If you zoom in close enough, it has an outline of where a proposal of Bradley is going. Anyone else know about this or am I just oblivious?

(sorry for the width)

Old Posted Aug 13, 2013, 6:23 PM

I've seen this on Google maps too, you have to really zoom in to see it otherwise won't show. I believe you can also see the part of the proposed 401/Wonderland interchange & the VMP northern extension to Clarke Rd.

Bradley Ave. extension is pretty much set in stone, the preferred route has been chosen. It a matter of the city getting their asses in gear and building the damn thing now...

Old Posted Aug 14, 2013, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpmasterdac View Post
It a matter of the city getting their asses in gear and building the damn thing now...

Not much else to say other than that....the city should have extended Bradley before going and chopping up Southdale which has now made this end of the city a pain in the ass to get around.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2013, 8:46 PM

That's been on Google Maps for quite some time now. It got added shortly after Google Map Maker was opened in Canada, about 2 years ago.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2013, 10:24 PM
Sanity merchant

Oh, didn't know. Figured I stumbled on something

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 4:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpmasterdac View Post
I've seen this on Google maps too, you have to really zoom in to see it otherwise won't show. I believe you can also see the part of the proposed 401/Wonderland interchange & the VMP northern extension to Clarke Rd.

Bradley Ave. extension is pretty much set in stone, the preferred route has been chosen. It a matter of the city getting their asses in gear and building the damn thing now...
I heard the reason they haven't done it yet, was because a property owner refused to move off their property, which is blocking the project.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 1:42 PM

They need to at least get it extended through to Wharncliffe now, even that would be a huge help.

Add to that there is nothing there and also has a small path which leads into the subdivision, I assume it would come out south of Teppermans.

The longer the city waits the more I think it may never happen, housing developments are pushing real close to where this road needs to go without having to cut down the small forest west of whiteoaks road.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 5:54 PM

From what I've understood it's not being blocked due to the any landowner refusing to give up land, in a technical sense, but rather is going to court over environment concerns that Bradley extension "could cause". Just refusing to give up land isn't a solid legal argument, London could use powers under the Expropriations Act to get what land it needs. However because they've gone the environmental route it gets very messy and very time consuming. Environmental legal cases can go to astronomical amounts before even going to court, and even know who knows what rare earthworms or flys need protection...

In most recent City budget, which included capital projects Bradley west extension isn't mentioned, meaning either it's planned further than 10 years out, or due to court cases they cannot anticipate when they could begin construction.

Either way its bullshit. It's been on the books for over a decade, was planned shortly after London annexed Westminster township, and would be allow better circulation of traffic. While things are only getting better, which Southdale now 4 lanes and Commissioners 4 lanes next year, look at the north end and all its cancelled east-west arterial (Cheapside-Wharncliffe, Sarnia-Huron, Gainsborough-Windemere) and how poorly traffic circulates.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 2:29 AM
User Registered

Even the lights on Wonderland by the old Wonderland Mall call the road Bradley Avenue: https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.93265...c31TuMqzjg!2e0

As development in the Bostwick planning district (the area between Wonderland, Warncliffe and Southdale roads) continues, I could see Bradley extended from Wonderland east to Warncliffe, essentially creating a gap in the road between Warncliffe and White Oaks.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 12:20 PM

I drive by that "intersection" every day, makes it even worse seeing the sign. I live in the east end and work on Wonderland South so this going through would be amazing.

Add to that my sons daycare is off Bradley so I now have to loop back around to Exeter or Southdale.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates