HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 3:27 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
I still don't understand how traffic won't be severely affected by this. Isn't it going down to one lane on both sides? That's happened to several 4-lane streets around the city but none of them carry as much traffic as CC Blvd.
I think it will be fine . From pedestrian point of view it will be a huge improvement .. right now the street feels like a highway whiich isnt good... also this plan isnt out of the blue , i know for sure that a major complaint of meeting planners when asked on surveys improvements the facility can make ... the fromt entry and ease of getting in there from a safety persepctive is a major negative ... this project is meant to fix that... as for the power lines i think there are reasons to not bury it but i cant remember why they said they wont

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
I still think it’s crazy to redo the street without burying the ugly high-voltage power lines that run above it, since the street will be torn up already.
That’s just too cost prohibitive and impractical for New Orleans from the engineering standpoint.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
I think it will be fine . From pedestrian point of view it will be a huge improvement .. right now the street feels like a highway whiich isnt good... also this plan isnt out of the blue , i know for sure that a major complaint of meeting planners when asked on surveys improvements the facility can make ... the fromt entry and ease of getting in there from a safety persepctive is a major negative ... this project is meant to fix that... as for the power lines i think there are reasons to not bury it but i cant remember why they said they wont
It will be. Convention Center Blvd doesn’t really carry that much traffic save for when there’s an event going on at the convention center. There will be transit/ride sharing hubs built in to ease that load and access to the expressway is being redesigned. All in all I don’t think it will be nearly as bad as people think.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 6:13 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
It will be. Convention Center Blvd doesn’t really carry that much traffic save for when there’s an event going on at the convention center. There will be transit/ride sharing hubs built in to ease that load and access to the expressway is being redesigned. All in all I don’t think it will be nearly as bad as people think.
personally i think it will be better.. also an improved pedestrian experience means people can easily walk to places too... thats what makes the convention center so nice.. plenty of things you can get too it just needs to be a nicer walk which this will do

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 12:23 AM

This has been discussed before, but I heard again that 1010 Common will be redeveloped into an office/hotel combination starting fairly soon. Looks like the first 9 floors will be kept as office/retail, with two hotels going into the rest of the 31 floors.

It's amazing how much that area has changed over the past few years. The former Oil & Gas building is a holdout, but hopefully not for long. The remaining surface parking is prime space for a South Market type development.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 6:27 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
This has been discussed before, but I heard again that 1010 Common will be redeveloped into an office/hotel combination starting fairly soon. Looks like the first 9 floors will be kept as office/retail, with two hotels going into the rest of the 31 floors.

It's amazing how much that area has changed over the past few years. The former Oil & Gas building is a holdout, but hopefully not for long. The remaining surface parking is prime space for a South Market type development.
What brands ?

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
What brands ?
If it's two brands, I wouldn't be surprised if it's another Marriott co brand or Hyatt co brand.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 8:35 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
If it's two brands, I wouldn't be surprised if it's another Marriott co brand or Hyatt co brand.
heres the dual brand hotels ive been able to find so far besides the Towneplace/Springhill Suites one at 1600 Canal:

1. Hyatt luxury dual-brand coming to Taipei
by Victoria Rosenthal Wednesday, January 10, 2018
The upcoming Taipei Sky Tower development will mark the first Park Hyatt-Andaz dual-branded hotel in one tower.

2. IHG plans three new hotels in Melbourne, Australia
by Victoria Rosenthal Tuesday, May 1, 2018
IHG signed agreements to open a dual-branded Holiday Inn/Hotel Indigo on Bourke Street Mall and a Holiday Inn in Coburg.

3. Marriott opens dual-branded Courtyard/Fairfield in Fresh Meadows, N.Y.
by Elliott Mest Thursday, June 7, 2018
East West United Realty Development Group owns the hotels, which are managed by Great American Hotel Group.

Hilton opens second dual-branded hotel in Mexico
by Elliott Mest Monday, July 2, 2018
The Hampton by Hilton Monterrey Apodaca/Homewood Suites by Hilton Monterrey Apodaca offers two distinct lobby and dining areas for each hotel.

Dual-branded Hyatt Place/Hyatt House on its way in Indianapolis
by Elliott Mest Thursday, October 12, 2017
Construction on the property began in September 2017, with a targeted opening date in second quarter 2019. HRI Lodging will manage the property.

6. Hilton's first dual-branded Tru/Homewood Suites is in the works
by Elliott Mest Thursday, August 17, 2017
This five-story, 192-room hotel is the first new ground-up hotel development in Guilderland, N.Y., in more than 20 years.

7. This dual-branded Marriott is in the works for Washington, D.C.
by Elliott Mest Monday, August 14, 2017
Slated to open in the third quarter of 2018, the mixed-use project will include a newly built 357-room Courtyard hotel and a 147-suite Residence Inn.

8. First ever dual-branded n Element,Westin opens in Alabama
by Newsroom Thursday, April 20, 2017
The Element by Westin Huntsville is now open on the top floors of the hotel complex of the Westin Huntsville, the first property of its kind.

9. Dual-branded hotel due to open in Dallas in 2018
by Newsroom Wednesday, October 12, 2016
The property is considered the "anchor" of the Dallas Midtown Redevelopment project, a $3.5-billion mixed-use development coming to the city. AC Hotel/Residence Inn

Hilton's newest dual-branded hotel opens in Miami
by Newsroom Thursday, September 29, 2016
The Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton Miami Dolphin Mall offer a combined 232 guestrooms.

11. Tru, Home2 dual brand planned for Fort Lauderdale

12. Dual-brand Fairfield, Residence Inn opens in Charlotte, N.C.

13. Owned by BRG Group, the dual-branded property will include the 240-guestroom Hilton Hanoi West Lake, the 320-guestroom DoubleTree by Hilton Hanoi West Lake and 50 serviced residences. Hilton will manage the property.

these were all the combinations that i was able to find that are dual brands... suppose its possible they could do two hotels that dont share anything with eachother too but i doubt it ... my guess is Hilton or Hyatt would be likely to want a dual brand in the market since they dont have one.. with park hyatt. andaz being the most appealing to me personally

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 8:41 PM

More details on Charity redevelopment proposals:
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...2f54af598.html

Interesting that HRI is proposing a TIF that includes a proposed development of almost 400k sf of retail plus apartments "directly across Tulane Ave. from Charity." I wonder if they are talking about the vacant lots between Tulane and Canal or developments farther away, such as the Iberville redevelopment. That much retail would basically have to be a shopping mall or a least a few big box retailers.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 8:56 PM

New apartments planned for old Schwegmann's site in Lower Garden District

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 8:59 PM
-

New Three Story Building Planned For Magazine Street

http://canalstreetbeat.com/new-three...gazine-street/

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 8:59 PM
-

Quote:

Interesting that HRI is proposing a TIF that includes a proposed development of almost 400k sf of retail plus apartments "directly across Tulane Ave. from Charity." I wonder if they are talking about the vacant lots between Tulane and Canal or developments farther away, such as the Iberville redevelopment. That much retail would basically have to be a shopping mall or a least a few big box retailers.
guess they are going to want to bulldoze my house then

Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 10:20 PM
-

Quote:

directly across the street would seem to mean this area

so close to my house ... but it also 400,000 sqft retail anchored development which probably means its not all retail but also parking and apartments

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 3:03 AM

Any word or rumors about new flights at the airport? Besides the inauguration of Sun Country to MSP/BNA (both seasonal, twice weekly) and the upcoming addition of an extra Alaska flight to Seattle, it’s been pretty quiet.

One thing that troubles me - I do not see Condor flights in the schedule for next summer, even though every other U.S market they currently serve is open for booking. I hope they are not pulling out...would be a big loss if they do.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 3:28 AM

Quote:
heres the dual brand hotels ive been able to find so far besides the Towneplace/Springhill Suites one at 1600 Canal:

1. Hyatt luxury dual-brand coming to Taipei
by Victoria Rosenthal Wednesday, January 10, 2018
The upcoming Taipei Sky Tower development will mark the first Park Hyatt-Andaz dual-branded hotel in one tower.

2. IHG plans three new hotels in Melbourne, Australia
by Victoria Rosenthal Tuesday, May 1, 2018
IHG signed agreements to open a dual-branded Holiday Inn/Hotel Indigo on Bourke Street Mall and a Holiday Inn in Coburg.

3. Marriott opens dual-branded Courtyard/Fairfield in Fresh Meadows, N.Y.
by Elliott Mest Thursday, June 7, 2018
East West United Realty Development Group owns the hotels, which are managed by Great American Hotel Group.

Hilton opens second dual-branded hotel in Mexico
by Elliott Mest Monday, July 2, 2018
The Hampton by Hilton Monterrey Apodaca/Homewood Suites by Hilton Monterrey Apodaca offers two distinct lobby and dining areas for each hotel.

Dual-branded Hyatt Place/Hyatt House on its way in Indianapolis
by Elliott Mest Thursday, October 12, 2017
Construction on the property began in September 2017, with a targeted opening date in second quarter 2019. HRI Lodging will manage the property.

6. Hilton's first dual-branded Tru/Homewood Suites is in the works
by Elliott Mest Thursday, August 17, 2017
This five-story, 192-room hotel is the first new ground-up hotel development in Guilderland, N.Y., in more than 20 years.

7. This dual-branded Marriott is in the works for Washington, D.C.
by Elliott Mest Monday, August 14, 2017
Slated to open in the third quarter of 2018, the mixed-use project will include a newly built 357-room Courtyard hotel and a 147-suite Residence Inn.

8. First ever dual-branded n Element,Westin opens in Alabama
by Newsroom Thursday, April 20, 2017
The Element by Westin Huntsville is now open on the top floors of the hotel complex of the Westin Huntsville, the first property of its kind.

9. Dual-branded hotel due to open in Dallas in 2018
by Newsroom Wednesday, October 12, 2016
The property is considered the "anchor" of the Dallas Midtown Redevelopment project, a $3.5-billion mixed-use development coming to the city. AC Hotel/Residence Inn

Hilton's newest dual-branded hotel opens in Miami
by Newsroom Thursday, September 29, 2016
The Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton Miami Dolphin Mall offer a combined 232 guestrooms.

11. Tru, Home2 dual brand planned for Fort Lauderdale

12. Dual-brand Fairfield, Residence Inn opens in Charlotte, N.C.

13. Owned by BRG Group, the dual-branded property will include the 240-guestroom Hilton Hanoi West Lake, the 320-guestroom DoubleTree by Hilton Hanoi West Lake and 50 serviced residences. Hilton will manage the property.

these were all the combinations that i was able to find that are dual brands... suppose its possible they could do two hotels that dont share anything with eachother too but i doubt it ... my guess is Hilton or Hyatt would be likely to want a dual brand in the market since they dont have one.. with park hyatt. andaz being the most appealing to me personally
There is also an AC/Moxy dual planned in ATL (not that another Moxy or AC would open within a block or two of the existing hotels).

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMSY79 View Post
Any word or rumors about new flights at the airport? Besides the inauguration of Sun Country to MSP/BNA (both seasonal, twice weekly) and the upcoming addition of an extra Alaska flight to Seattle, it’s been pretty quiet.

One thing that troubles me - I do not see Condor flights in the schedule for next summer, even though every other U.S market they currently serve is open for booking. I hope they are not pulling out...would be a big loss if they do.
I’ve noticed the same thing about Condor as I was hoping to book a flight for next summer. Very disappointing if this is the case.

I also remember hearing rumors about a direct to Mexico?

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 4:02 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinnola View Post
I’ve noticed the same thing about Condor as I was hoping to book a flight for next summer. Very disappointing if this is the case.

I also remember hearing rumors about a direct to Mexico?
well just an fyi the service renewal wasnt announced last year until october after the last flight for the 2017 season. so id wait until after beginning of October for an answer on that

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 12, 2018 at 4:36 AM.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 2:26 PM

Quote:
directly across the street would seem to mean this area

so close to my house ... but it also 400,000 sqft retail anchored development which probably means its not all retail but also parking and apartments
That would make more sense. Still 400k sf is a pretty large development. With all of the different owners of the small plots, it could be expensive to assemble a large enough property, unless they've already been working on contracts or they try to eminent domain them. There is a decent sized plot between Villere and Lasalle behind the parking garage.

One thing I didn't see mentioned is what sort of payments would be made to LSU (assuming they get the money) and how that would be structured. They could certainly use some extra funding to run the hospital, medical school, and research facilities in the area.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 3:05 PM
-

Quote:
That would make more sense. Still 400k sf is a pretty large development. With all of the different owners of the small plots, it could be expensive to assemble a large enough property, unless they've already been working on contracts or they try to eminent domain them. There is a decent sized plot between Villere and Lasalle behind the parking garage.

One thing I didn't see mentioned is what sort of payments would be made to LSU (assuming they get the money) and how that would be structured. They could certainly use some extra funding to run the hospital, medical school, and research facilities in the area.
Well ive never been approached about selling but my guess is they would want half the block so i wouldnt be approached in that case

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 4:45 PM

Duncan Plaza

Does anybody know what's going on with the Duncan Plaza redevelopment grant the city received from Southwest last year?
https://www.pps.org/article/2017-hea...emaking-grants

If City Hall is moved to Charity, that could be a good opportunity to tear down the current City Hall and extend Duncan Plaza all the way to Poydras, creating a legit urban park downtown. That would really make that area a lot more desirable for residential development.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations