HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #9001  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2018, 10:08 PM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 8,082
^Still trying to figure this one out. The ground floor outline appears to compliment the recently redone building to the left which implies its owned by the same developer but it is listed as a commercial project with no planned residential units.
__________________
Halifax Developments Blog

- DJ
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9002  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 3:50 PM
JET JET is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,584
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...outh-1.4815622
I think this is a really bad idea, there are already too many houses and seadoos on the Dartmouth lakes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9003  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2018, 9:49 PM
Jonovision's Avatar
Jonovision Jonovision is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
^Still trying to figure this one out. The ground floor outline appears to compliment the recently redone building to the left which implies its owned by the same developer but it is listed as a commercial project with no planned residential units.
It is the same developer as the other two buildings built on the same block over the last decade.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9004  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 4:45 PM
OldDartmouthMark OldDartmouthMark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...outh-1.4815622
I think this is a really bad idea, there are already too many houses and seadoos on the Dartmouth lakes.
My thoughts as well. I didn't see it when I skimmed the article, but what happens to the wastewater from this house? Seems to me the Dartmouth lakes are already having problems with high bacteria counts - can't see this as improving the situation...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9005  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 5:47 PM
JET JET is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
My thoughts as well. I didn't see it when I skimmed the article, but what happens to the wastewater from this house? Seems to me the Dartmouth lakes are already having problems with high bacteria counts - can't see this as improving the situation...
They don't have water/sewage hooked up, they mention that it could be hooked up to a neighboring property, probably across the road, I think all these water properties belong to the properties across the road.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9006  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2018, 8:52 PM
OldDartmouthMark OldDartmouthMark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
They don't have water/sewage hooked up, they mention that it could be hooked up to a neighboring property, probably across the road, I think all these water properties belong to the properties across the road.
Interesting - then without services they are just a large boat, not a house. In the real world, however, I am suspect as to how failsafe these hookups would be, especially when the lake freezes over in the wintertime. There's a reason why regular services must be dug below the frost line.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9007  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 10:58 PM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is online now
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 20,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
No details are available but 1874 Brunswick Street is going to Design Review Committee for a preliminary presentation. This is the gray office building located just below The Pearl at Brunswick/Gottingen/Duke.

Anyone have any ideas or insider information?

EDIT: The presenter is an architect based out of St. John's. Fougere Menchenton
Does anyone have any details from this meeting?
__________________
flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9008  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 3:42 AM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is online now
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 20,014
A report relating to 5426 Portland Place with some elevations: https://www.halifax.ca/sites/default...0918rc1414.pdf
__________________
flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9009  
Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 2:13 PM
HalifaxRetales HalifaxRetales is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Halifax
Posts: 345
Art of City Building is back this year October 29
https://www.artofcitybuilding.ca/agenda/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9010  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 9:48 PM
Corker Corker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corker View Post
I see Canada Lands Company is starting a community consultation process for redevelopment of the former RCMP property at 3151/3139 Oxford Street. Two properties total approximately 4.5 acres. A session is happening on Wednesday evening, March 28.

http://en.clc.ca/property/576

This is across the Oxford/Bayers Road intersection from the 3090 Oxford proposal.
I took a stroll the other evening down Oxford and see that the RCMP building has now been demolished. The building being used by CBSC, on the corner of Oxford and Bayers Road is still standing but is to come down next year after they vacate.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9011  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 6:57 AM
alps's Avatar
alps alps is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,401
Anyone know what they are building beside the relocated Stadacona entrance (Gottingen and Almon)? In the Google Earth image from December 2017 there is a sizable building foundation under construction.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9012  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 12:27 PM
kph06's Avatar
kph06 kph06 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by alps View Post
Anyone know what they are building beside the relocated Stadacona entrance (Gottingen and Almon)? In the Google Earth image from December 2017 there is a sizable building foundation under construction.
I heard it is a drill shed. I drove by last night, they are putting the exterior on, it looks like it will be a pre-cast warehouse.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9013  
Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 2:12 AM
alps's Avatar
alps alps is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
I heard it is a drill shed. I drove by last night, they are putting the exterior on, it looks like it will be a pre-cast warehouse.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:16 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.