HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 11, 2007, 3:44 PM
Endless Moments...

That looks nice.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2007, 4:00 PM

Wow. That's bigger than I thought it would be. It rivals BLVD Place. The 3 tall buildings (if the scale is correct) look to be 350 to 400 footers.

I like the look of this one much more than I do the High Street proposal next door.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2007, 8:41 PM

I really hope the Westcreek Development happens.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2007, 10:18 PM
Dryer lint inspector

too bad they are replacing the westcreek becuase they are nice apartments. there are lot of other dumps i'd like to see replaced by this.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2007, 3:20 PM
Baryonic Lord

best part is that it's inside the loop. i wunder wut this wuld look like near midtown.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2007, 4:31 PM

The demographics aren't in Midtown. That is why so many of these developments are falling west or far west of downtown. There are 150,000 people in a 3 mile radius of this development and the average household income in that radius is around six figures.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2007, 8:26 PM

An aerial look from Ziegler Cooper Architects for the Sonoma (Randall Davis) project in the Rice Village

Old Posted Apr 12, 2007, 9:11 PM

I have never seen that one before. When does it go up?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2007, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
I have never seen that one before.
The pic or the development?

Quote:
When does it go up?
I am not sure on the exact date for it to actually start, but it is suppose to be complete Spring of '09. The development is 100,000 sq ft of retail, 50,000 sq ft or office and 230 condo units on four acres.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 6:28 AM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGulf View Post
The demographics aren't in Midtown. That is why so many of these developments are falling west or far west of downtown. There are 150,000 people in a 3 mile radius of this development and the average household income in that radius is around six figures.
We MUST change that.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeelee View Post
We MUST change that.
Why must that be changed?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 5:11 AM

Two new projects for the Galveston area...

The Tuscany- already been mentioned in this thread but here's a new rendering for this Seawall property...

A new condo development for Tiki Island? The Marina Tiki...

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 5:19 AM

Construction pics for the recently completed Jackson Place Condos near Memorial Park/Rice Military

clearing the lot in August 2005 (notice the small houses on the center-left portion of the photo)

January 20, 2006

March 8, 2006 from street level

May 30, 2006 (those houses from pic #1 are gone to make way for more condos)

November 2006 (the condos adjacent have sprung up quickly)

Opening Day in late January 2007

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 10:16 PM

Great stuff. That looks like a pretty small block for about 150(?) people. I believe Jackson has about 50 units. Do these blocks usually have a diverse arrangement of sidewalks? Seems like the developers do their own thing for each project.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 3:23 AM
Baryonic Lord

I beleive they do but i am not sure.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
Two new projects for the Galveston area...

The Tuscany- already been mentioned in this thread but here's a new rendering for this Seawall property...

A new condo development for Tiki Island? The Marina Tiki...

Not bad for Galveston.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 6:50 PM

GREAT NEWS!

Globe St. is reporting that the Regent Square (former Allen House Apartments on Allen Parkway) will break ground on phase I later this year. Phase I will consist of 230,000 square feet of retail/restaurant space, 60,000 square feet of office space, a 200 room boutique hotel, and 740 residential units.

http://www.globest.com/news/885_885/.../159787-1.html

Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 8:25 PM

Glad this is happening!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 9:53 PM

Developer Unveils 24-Acre Mixed-Use Plan
By Amy Wolff Sorter

HOUSTON-A Boston developer will break ground in the fourth quarter on Regent Square, a pedestrian-oriented, mixed-use project. Area sources estimate the all-in development cost for the 24-acre project could come in just under $200 per sf.

Regent Square, which will be constructed in two phases, will consist of 390,000 sf of retail and office space, 200-room boutique hotel and up to 1,800 residential units. The first phase will consist of 230,000 sf of retail and restaurants, 60,000 sf of office, the hotel and 740 residential units. The planned opening is 2010. The second phase's start will be based on market demand.

The project site contains the Allen House apartment complex at 3601 W. Allen Pkwy., which is bordered by West Clay, Tirrell and Rosine streets. "We originally bought this during the mid-1980s' oil bust as a wonderful piece of property with an income-earning asset on it," says John Darrah, vice president for GID Urban Development Group. "The notion of doing this type of mixed-use development on the property occurred to us a couple of years ago."

Darrah tells GlobeSt.com that escalating urban sprawl and growing commute times contributed to the decision to make Regent Square a residential and retail center. "We felt that, in the inner loop area, there's enough of a land constraint to make this dense of a development, one that will hold up and hold its value over the next 40 or 50 years," he adds.

Doug Childers, associate principal with Morris Architects in Houston, acknowledges building an urban mixed-use community such as Regent Square can cost more money up front than a standard mixed-use project. For one thing, the majority of parking needs to be underground to maximize pedestrian space and aesthetics.

But Childers, whose company is one of the architects for the project, says Regent Square will have an active retail component, which will help recoup costs. "I'd expect this would increase the market share overall of the River Oaks region. And, more people will come from out of the area," he says.

The list of architects include David M. Schwarz/Architectural Services Inc. of Washington, DC; Robert A.M. Stern Architects of New York City; Aponwao Design of Miami; B&D Studio of Parma, Italy; Hartman-Cox Architects and Bowie Gridley Architects, both from Washington, DC. Free construction services are being provided by J.E. Dunn Construction Co.'s Houston team. NA Berkowitz Development Group Inc. of Birmingham, MI is handling retail leasing and GID will handle residential leasing.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2007, 6:37 PM

Great news.

Here is the layout of how the development will fit in with the street pattern. I don't know about you all but I am excited about this one the most. Nice to see such a large development that does not totally lay on private streets.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations