HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Post Office Redevelopment Tower [1] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

View Full Map

Old Posted Jun 15, 2019, 8:54 PM
TL;DR

^ I was thinking that the other day... I keep waiting for a A/E/C or CRE industry event, but I haven't seen anything, at least in the last 9 months.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramble_mug View Post
I was unfortunately out of town during the CAF Open House last Oct, but would have loved to have been able to join for the OPO tour and seeing these recent inside pictures of the spiral staircase/hot tube (haha) has me thinking that it might be possible to arrange some time to get in to check out the building. Any advice on how I might go about setting something up like that?
The CAF open house was limited to the lobby space (which is stunning, BTW) and not a tour. There was a tantalizing glimpse through the wall into what was little other than a construction zone at that point, but that was it.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 3:42 PM

The north lobby is open to the public, but you pretty much gotta know a guy to go anywhere else until base building completion, which is sometime around September I think.

Perhaps this had been mentioned previously, but the public "Lobby" we're referring to is not even the actual lobby. It's essentially the foyer. The lobby with elevator access and amenities for tenants is located in the "middle" of the building, through the temp partition in the north "foyer". I will tell you it will be insane. Jaw dropping. It's yuuuge, wide open space, a two or three level atrium, 50+ feet up to the deck, with massive escalators criss-crossing.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2019, 9:30 PM

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 12:50 AM

Verifone signs at OPO

Silicon Valley firm signs West Loop lease

The Real Deal

Verifone inked a lease for an entire floor in a West Loop office building. The maker of point-of-sale payment technologies will take 27,000 square feet on the 11th floor of 601W Companies’ 550 West Jackson Street. That will be double its current space at 300 South Wacker Drive. Verifone was represented in the lease negotiations by Colliers International’s Andrew Gooliak, Nick Polsky, Romy Zeid and Evan Djikas. 601W recently launched a $12.5 million overhaul of the building
BisNow
Verifone is on the hunt for engineering talent, and like an increasing number of firms, believes downtown Chicago is the place to find it. The Silicon Valley-based provider of point-of-sale payment technologies agreed to lease the entire 11th floor of 550 West Jackson in Chicago, a total of 27K SF and more than double its current space at 300 South Wacker Drive. “Their goal is to hire about 150 engineers by next year and build a terminal engineering team here,” Colliers International’s Andrew Gooliak said. Along with colleagues Nick Polsky, Romy Zeid and Evan Djikas, he represented the company in lease negotiations. “We began with a simultaneous search in the O’Hare submarket and downtown, and they determined that a downtown presence better aligned with their hiring strategy,” he added.

Last edited by jpIllInoIs; Jun 21, 2019 at 1:09 PM.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 12:25 PM

^ Good news of course, but correct me if I'm wrong; 550 W Jackson is not the OPO and this agreement has nothing to do with the OPO.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 12:39 PM

I was going to say there is no way 27,000 SF is a full floor of the OPO.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 1:08 PM

Geez I wondering why I was the first to post a 48 hour old annct.... The 601 company is what threw me..

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
I was going to say there is no way 27,000 SF is a full floor of the OPO.
27,000 SF is a corner office at OPO.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 4:35 PM

At 2.8 Million sq feet across 14 floors, you're talking roughly 200,000 sq. feet (or a building the size of 145 S. Wells) per floor. Hard to believe half that space is already spoken for.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
The north lobby is open to the public, but you pretty much gotta know a guy to go anywhere else until base building completion, which is sometime around September I think.

Perhaps this had been mentioned previously, but the public "Lobby" we're referring to is not even the actual lobby. It's essentially the foyer. The lobby with elevator access and amenities for tenants is located in the "middle" of the building, through the temp partition in the north "foyer". I will tell you it will be insane. Jaw dropping. It's yuuuge, wide open space, a two or three level atrium, 50+ feet up to the deck, with massive escalators criss-crossing.
You can see where they cut out a section of the 2nd floor slab to make the giant atrium in this video at 0:48.

https://vimeo.com/269231549

There's some quick pans of renders in that area here as well:
https://vimeo.com/287470483

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 11:58 AM

^ the second video is incredible. This is such a huge win for the city.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 12:58 PM

^They've even knocked the logo out of the park!

Can't wait for that Meadow

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development