HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #8281  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 8:16 PM
ASUSunDevil ASUSunDevil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
If you are referring to the parking lots south of the Yard, that's a planned office building with a parking structure. I believe its up on the tempe development project tracker.
Between the parking passes they sell to ASU students and the parking tickets that they give to patrons of The Yard, that lot is a cash cow. It doesn't seem like they're in any rush to build the office proposal.

PHXFlyer11 - I don't think the Hilton on 7th is dead. We are impatient and The Collective went up so quick that it seems like Hilton is taking forever
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8282  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 8:27 PM
muertecaza muertecaza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
I agree with the stretch on 1st street. Ive been trying to figure out if any developments are planned in those fenced parcels on 1st by the Yard or by 1st and Priest but haven’t found anything.
Pretty sure that the fencing at the SWC of 1st/Wilson (if that's one of the ones to which you're referring) didn't have anything to do with a development. And it seemed like the fencing in that vacant lot nearer 1st/Priest was just staging for one of the other developments.

When I read your comment I did vaguely remember reading something about the lot at the NEC of 1st/Hardy. Googling led me to this, which is what I think I remembered reading:

https://azbigmedia.com/edu3-ventures...mpe-town-lake/

That site was used for staging for Crescent Rio, but with that project wrapping up, maybe this could be the next development we see on 1st St.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8283  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 8:39 PM
Mr.RE Mr.RE is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
Between the parking passes they sell to ASU students and the parking tickets that they give to patrons of The Yard, that lot is a cash cow. It doesn't seem like they're in any rush to build the office proposal.
Did I or Did I not mention the parking garage? That structure alone would generate more than a surface level lot every would.

The only issue the development is probably facing is finding a tenant to fill it first, I doubt they would build in that location on Spec. The plans have been approved, but we will see what they make of this.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8284  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 11:51 PM
CB1 CB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
I don't! I wish they built the original proposal, it wouldn't have been that much taller especially with the heights of the buildings of "IDEA"
What a shame it had to be downsized. It could have been so much better.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8285  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 12:25 AM
CB1 CB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Pretty sure that the fencing at the SWC of 1st/Wilson (if that's one of the ones to which you're referring) didn't have anything to do with a development. And it seemed like the fencing in that vacant lot nearer 1st/Priest was just staging for one of the other developments.

When I read your comment I did vaguely remember reading something about the lot at the NEC of 1st/Hardy. Googling led me to this, which is what I think I remembered reading:

https://azbigmedia.com/edu3-ventures...mpe-town-lake/

That site was used for staging for Crescent Rio, but with that project wrapping up, maybe this could be the next development we see on 1st St.

Good find. At least we know there is a development in the works. It appears Nita Bonilla is the entrepreneur for EDU3 VENTURES. Then I found the article below and if it’s the same Nita Bonilla then the new company is VIAONE. I went to www.viaonecre.com but couldn’t find any news regarding this future project in Tempe.

https://azbigmedia.com/marc-and-nita...in-scottsdale/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8286  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 12:34 AM
CB1 CB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 139
Good to read on the Bizjournals today that “developers received approval for the next office building on the site, which eventually will top eight office buildings and other development.” The developments so far at the Grand have started construction right away after receiving approval.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8287  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 2:14 AM
RichTempe RichTempe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Awesome! Can we confirm tangible progress on The Pier?

Tempe is on fire!

Is The Hilton on 7th officially dead?

Where is the Hilton on 7th? Do you mean the Westin that's supposed to go in next to The Collective?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8288  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 2:17 AM
PHXFlyer11 PHXFlyer11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
Where is the Hilton on 7th? Do you mean the Westin that's supposed to go in next to The Collective?
Yes. I couldn’t remember the brand, but Hilton did seem wrong.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8289  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 2:22 AM
RichTempe RichTempe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
If you are referring to the parking lots south of the Yard, that's a planned office building with a parking structure. I believe its up on the tempe development project tracker.
I think you mean this?



Farmer Arts [Lot 2]

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=39278

It's under 'Plans Approved/Entitled' on the Tempe Development Projects site:

https://tempegov.maps.arcgis.com/app...6abf93b858f508
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8290  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 1:01 AM
CB1 CB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 139
[/IMG]

The Cameron (by Tempe Market Place)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8291  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 1:10 AM
CB1 CB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 139
[/IMG]

Broadstone Rio Salado (SE corner of Rio Salado and 101)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8292  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 4:25 PM
soled soled is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
[/IMG]

Broadstone Rio Salado (SE corner of Rio Salado and 101)
I can see my daughter's apt in that pic.

Carry on
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8293  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 5:01 PM
CB1 CB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Awesome! Can we confirm tangible progress on The Pier?

Tempe is on fire!

Is The Hilton on 7th officially dead?
Finally some progress today at the Pier. I drive by the 202 everyday and today I saw a highrise concrete pump for the first time.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8294  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 5:29 PM
muertecaza muertecaza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
Finally some progress today at the Pier. I drive by the 202 everyday and today I saw a highrise concrete pump for the first time.
Yeah, I biked by on the lakeside and it looked like they have moved up to the second subterranean level. Still slow as dirt, but progressing.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8295  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 6:46 PM
CB1 CB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 139
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8296  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 7:36 PM
PHXFlyer11 PHXFlyer11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Yeah, I biked by on the lakeside and it looked like they have moved up to the second subterranean level. Still slow as dirt, but progressing.
This is SO great! I hope it spurs more development in that area. But great win to have a high-rise on the lake and that far East.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8297  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 7:42 PM
PHXFlyer11 PHXFlyer11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
Sounds like pie in the sky still... but glad they are thinking about this. A couple years ago we were talking here and I sent the city an email about it.

We had some ideas like a pier with restaurants and rides, yoga classes, etc. That would really liven it up to have a few restaurants (not food trucks i hope) and a primary amusement attraction like a Ferris wheel or gondola. Maybe an arcade...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8298  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 8:25 PM
muertecaza muertecaza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,434
6 March 2019

Lunchtime walk photos:

Dam overflow:



IDEA:



Hardy/2nd St. Townhomes:



Local:



Mirabella:





Canopy Hilton:



Collective:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8299  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 8:56 PM
CB1 CB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Sounds like pie in the sky still... but glad they are thinking about this. A couple years ago we were talking here and I sent the city an email about it.

We had some ideas like a pier with restaurants and rides, yoga classes, etc. That would really liven it up to have a few restaurants (not food trucks i hope) and a primary amusement attraction like a Ferris wheel or gondola. Maybe an arcade...
Fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8300  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 8:56 PM
CB1 CB1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Lunchtime walk photos:

Dam overflow:



IDEA:



Hardy/2nd St. Townhomes:



Local:



Mirabella:





Canopy Hilton:



Collective:

Nice!!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:21 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.