HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 3:29 AM

Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerop View Post
I was driving by South Towne mall on the freeway today and noticed they are doing some work inside the old Dillards, does anyone know what is going in there, I tried looking it up, but was either looking in all the wrong places or they are being tight lipped about it. I thought maybe someone on here had better info than me?
http://www.round1usa.com/location/

Scroll to the bottom. Utah is listed as coming soon.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 3:36 AM

West Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
The Staples in WVC closed last month, and it looks like the Toys R Us next door is closing too (which means stuff there is up to 40% off if any of you are looking for toys n junk)...have there been any updates recently on plans for that block? The apartments west of there around Fairbourne Station are complete for the most part...I don't think I've heard what's planned for between Fairbourne and Valley Fair.

The site for the large hospital/medical center further west on 3500 South has been cleared for several months now, and there's a new traffic light in place where that street will connect with 3500 (not yet "on," but in place), but there are no other signs of work on that site.
The Granger Medical is/was supposed to break ground soon. My guess is they were waiting for the new street and bus stop to finish. West Valley City has bought most of the duplexes headed west on Lehman Ave. There is supposed to be another apartment building going in just west of the existing one.

The city acquired the Staples/Toys r Us property and it will be demolished along with the Betos no later than the end of July. Supposedly they want to build a new public safety building. Which begs the question as to what they will do with the old one.

The parking garage was originally supposed to be 3-4 stories. Now it has been expanded to 5-7. Zions bank is building a new branch where they tore down the Apollo Burger on 3500 South.

Have heard they own the building where Starbucks is but am not positive. (It's supposed to stay but unclear who or what will occupy it.)

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 3:54 AM

Fairbourne Station Parking Garage

deleted

Last edited by flyinpenguin; Apr 29, 2017 at 4:35 AM.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 5:36 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinpenguin View Post
The Granger Medical is/was supposed to break ground soon. My guess is they were waiting for the new street and bus stop to finish. West Valley City has bought most of the duplexes headed west on Lehman Ave. There is supposed to be another apartment building going in just west of the existing one.

The city acquired the Staples/Toys r Us property and it will be demolished along with the Betos no later than the end of July. Supposedly they want to build a new public safety building. Which begs the question as to what they will do with the old one.

The parking garage was originally supposed to be 3-4 stories. Now it has been expanded to 5-7. Zions bank is building a new branch where they tore down the Apollo Burger on 3500 South.

Have heard they own the building where Starbucks is but am not positive. (It's supposed to stay but unclear who or what will occupy it.)
Link? Renderings?

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 11:24 AM

West Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
Link? Renderings?
No public safety building announcement or renderings yet.
https://filesource.wvc-ut.gov/sirepu...1702311818.PDF

Here is a link to parking garage rendering.

Last edited by flyinpenguin; Apr 30, 2017 at 2:24 AM.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 3:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
No public safety building announcement or renderings yet.

https://filesource.wvc-ut.gov/sirepub/cache/2/tlik2pmu1vvin54lbdrjyzww/986672004292017052542454.PDF"

Here is a link to parking garage rendering.
Link didn't work.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 8:45 PM

Fairbourne Station Parking Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportvids View Post
Link didn't work.
Here is the image for Fairbourne Station Parking Garage

Last edited by flyinpenguin; Apr 30, 2017 at 2:22 AM.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
You need to rehost it.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 2:07 PM

Thanks for the info Flyinpenguin -- nice to have someone in the loop on these.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 4:50 PM
BANNED

Thank you. Wow, thats going to be nice for the area.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 1:49 PM

thank you flying penguin for the info, that is going to be great to have that addition in the South Towne mall and for the area over there. Today randomly KSL also did a report on that as well, that sounds like it should be a really great addition, it's going to be taking a good chunk of both stories it sounds like. Here's a link to see more about it
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=440...-entertainment

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 3:11 PM

The Gateway could really use something like Round 1, maybe in the old Forever 21/Old Navy area

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 8:40 PM

136 Center in Draper

From Boyer Instagram
http://www.picaram.com/post/BSSjOfzg8D-

Quote:
We're loving this new dusk rendering of the 136 Center Office in Draper, Utah. Under construction now. Swipe to see today's steel flying.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 9:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerop View Post
thank you flying penguin for the info, that is going to be great to have that addition in the South Towne mall and for the area over there. Today randomly KSL also did a report on that as well, that sounds like it should be a really great addition, it's going to be taking a good chunk of both stories it sounds like. Here's a link to see more about it
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=440...-entertainment
I like what they're doing to South Towne. Looks like all the old traditional malls are in the act now of revamps into more of a multi-use lifestyle center. Same is going on here in Central L.A.

I would like to see Fashion Place go even a step further than they have already. I think Fashion Place is prime for parking structures, particularly over in the south to southwest corner areas. I also think a hotel would be warranted at Fashion Place. That whole immediate vicinity of Fashion Place screams for more urban density. The location is just too popular and strategic to leave it as it is, especially State Street.

Pacific Retail Capital Partners. An artist rendering of the Shops at South Town. Phase two of the center's
multimillion dollar renovation is currently underway. The project is scheduled for completion in spring 2018.

Pacific Retail Capital Partners

Pacific Retail Capital Partners

Last edited by delts145; May 23, 2017 at 12:25 PM.

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 1:12 AM

Fashion Place announced a parking garage and nearly doubling the mall back around 2007, but then the economy crashed and no one was lending.

South Towne will be pretty cool with those changes. A year ago, I went there for the first time in two decades and was shocked that it looked almost identical to the last time I'd been there, with only very minor changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
[CENTER]

I like what they're doing to South Towne. Looks like all the old traditional malls are in the act now of revamps into more of a multi-use lifestyle center. Same is going on here in Central L.A.

I would like to see Fashion Place go even a step further than they have already. I think Fashion Place is prime for parking structures, particularly over in the south to southwest corner areas. I also think a hotel would be warranted at Fashion Place. That whole immediate vicinity of Fashion Place screams for more urban density. The location is just too popular and strategic to leave it as it is, especially State Street.

Pacific Retail Capital Partners. An artist rendering of the Shops at South Town. Phase two of the center's
multimillion dollar renovation is currently underway. The project is scheduled for completion in spring 2018.

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 3:57 AM

Malls

The north end of Fashion Place in between Nordstrom and Macy's would be perfect for a parking garage. Have heard it's coming soon. This Christmas will be impossible without it.

I saw some renderings for Southtown that showed the Forever 21 store split with Barnes and Noble on the bottom and a new Forever 21 on the upper level. I just worry that when Macy's announces the next round of closings that Southtown would be in jeopardy. They haven't done much to that store since the Meier and Frank days.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 4:32 AM

Daybreak is introducing the other part of the development on the other side of the mountain view corridor. It looks nice but I hope they really focus on urbanism and vegetation.

https://youtu.be/HQutzTDJ9W8

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 3:18 PM

thanks for sharing Jubguy3. Looks like some big plans..

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 5:22 PM

I do think that between Sandy's planned 20+ story residential building and the Daybreak 20+ story residential building in the screen grab, Daybreak's tower has a better chance of being built.

Of course, I do think they are still a ways away (5-10 years).

The reason for this belief is that the Trax line is right next to the tower, running between the 2 traffic directions. This puts it similar to Main Street downtown. In this situation, I can see the use of increased density and would love to see the project develop as envisioned as this would be a true TOD and would signal a shift in thinking for the suburbs.

Even if only 75% of the vision happens, the shift in suburban mindsets would begin and I think we would start to see increased density and creation of better TODs along Trax and Frontrunner, at least within SL County.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 6:20 PM
BANNED

Every city wants a high rise or two.

Draper, Daybreak, Sandy, Murray, South Salt Lake......ect.

But I just don't see it happening. Those 20+ towers in all those renderings will likely become six story buildings.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West