HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 9:20 PM
BANNED

I am SanDiego-Honolulu

Last edited by Jimmy Chips; Mar 20, 2017 at 9:45 PM.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 9:49 PM

Do the moderators here not have access to IP addresses? Elsewhere on the internet it seems you need a proxy to troll this hard.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Wellsian View Post
Do the moderators here not have access to IP addresses? Elsewhere on the internet it seems you need a proxy to troll this hard.
He's using a VPN to mask his IP address.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 7:46 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chips View Post
I am SanDiego-Honolulu
Yeah, and I am Jimmy Chips

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 3:31 PM

How is Construction of the new Salt Lake Intl Airport Going?

http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-...oing/672582535

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 7:31 PM

lol. The new park-and-wait lot is going to have a Chevron, Costa Vida and a Burger King.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/5239237-1...coming-to-salt

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 10:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWire View Post
lol. The new park-and-wait lot is going to have a Chevron, Costa Vida and a Burger King.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/5239237-1...coming-to-salt
This is awesome. It's about time.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 3:20 AM

A construction update has been posted.

Quote:
Landscaping and asphalt paving is complete at the new Park and Wait Lot, which opens June 1, 2017.

Stem walls are finished for the South Concourse-West and a concrete pour is scheduled for next week.

Steel piles have all been driven at the Central Utility Plant and concrete for the walls will be poured later this week.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 5:07 PM

Its incredible to see how many piles have been driven out there. It will be exciting to see work start above ground.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWire View Post
Its incredible to see how many piles have been driven out there. It will be exciting to see work start above ground.
Pretty quickly the actual terminal and south concourse west structures should start to pop up from the ground. Construction updates will become a lot more interesting in the next couple of months, i assume.

Old Posted May 7, 2017, 8:22 PM

Just some info tidbits I found promising:

Last year Salt Lake City had the highest percentage increase in International Traffic among major airports (20+million), with a 34% increase from 2015-2016. Third overall behind Oakland and Orange County. SLC also had the highest load factor (how full the planes are) at 86%. For comparison most major international gateways hovered in the high 70's.

Almost 600,000 international passengers in 2016, up from 430,000 in 2015. Granted, still a very small amount compared to other airports, but growing quickly considering international traffic has hovered consistently around 400,000 in SLC for the last 15 years.

Hopefully with the opening of the new airport we may see a large increase in international traffic. If it keeps up this growth, SLC could pass 1 million in the next year or two.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 2:00 AM

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...ventur-436903/

Expect more flights from SLC to Mexico in the coming future

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 4:23 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubguy3 View Post
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...ventur-436903/

Expect more flights from SLC to Mexico in the coming future
I wouldn't expect many more flights to Mexico from SLC. Delta already flies daily nonstop flights to Cancun and Mexico City from SLC. Also depending on the day of week they also fly nonstop to Guadalajara, Cabo San Lucas, and Puerto Vallarta from SLC. I can eventually see them adding Monterrey, but other than that and maybe adding additional flights to the ones that only operate a couple flights a week, Mexico is already well covered from SLC. I could maybe see Volaris adding nonstop service to Guadalajara in the future.

Side note, JetBlue is adding nonstop service between SLC and Ft. Lauderdale in November. JetBlue will have eight daily flights out of SLC. They already fly to Long Beach, Boston, New York-JFK, and Orlando.

*(The joint venture of Delta and Aeromexico will be mainly focused on LAX...not really on SLC at all)*

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 4:54 PM
BANNED

Bad news for the nonstop Salt Lake City to London-Heathrow flight on Delta. It's getting cut in November to just seasonal. It will resume in March. The flight has been operating at a 45% load factor which is Delta's second worst route to London Heathrow. Only the Philadelphia to Heathrow flight is worse.

I knew this route would struggle. I think if it still performs poorly next year on a seasonal basis than Delta will end it all together. I do believe Delta's nonstop flights from Salt Lake City to Amsterdam and Paris, and KLM's Salt Lake City to Amsterdam flight are doing good and operating in the 80% load factor range.

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego-Honolulu View Post
Bad news for the nonstop Salt Lake City to London-Heathrow flight on Delta. It's getting cut in November to just seasonal. It will resume in March. The flight has been operating at a 45% load factor which is Delta's second worst route to London Heathrow. Only the Philadelphia to Heathrow flight is worse.

I knew this route would struggle. I think if it still performs poorly next year on a seasonal basis than Delta will end it all together. I do believe Delta's nonstop flights from Salt Lake City to Amsterdam and Paris, and KLM's Salt Lake City to Amsterdam flight are doing good and operating in the 80% load factor range.
...hasn't it always been seasonal?

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubguy3 View Post
...hasn't it always been seasonal?
It started out as seasonal, but this past winter, they started flying during the winter ski season to potentially bring Brits (and other Europeans) skiing in Utah. I guess they didn't get enough of them.

"Delta's Salt Lake City route will operate seasonally, launching May 1 with daily flights to London Heathrow Airport on 210-seat Boeing 767-300ER aircraft."

Source: www.usatoday.com

"Delta Air Lines announced plans to offer nonstop flights from London's Heathrow Airport to Salt Lake International Airport three times a week during the next ski season. The big announcement could mean a big boost to Utah's economy."

Source: www.ksl.com

Last edited by Stenar; May 28, 2017 at 6:20 PM.

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 5:29 AM
BANNED

For those of you interested to see how the SLC-Heathrow flight is doing in comparison to Delta's other flights to Heathrow, here is some info. Also Delta just started a nonstop flight between Portland (PDX) and Heathrow this past week on a summer only seasonal basis, it'll be interesting to see how that flight performs. It's also sounding like the slot Delta has been using at Heathrow on their Salt Lake City flight will being going to JetAirways (a very close Delta partner airline from India or to Virgin Atlantic who is Delta's joint venture partner). It's a shame the London service from Salt Lake City hasn't been performing good.

City, Seats, Load
ATL, 13919, 78%
JFK, 17225, 73%
MSP, 5876, 73%
DTW, 5459, 56%
BOS, 5690, 55%
SEA, 5878, 52%*
SLC, 3569, 45%
PHL, 4592, 35%

*Delta has ended their Seattle to Heathrow flight and their joint venture partner Virgin Atlantic operates the route now.

Last edited by San Diego-Honolulu; May 29, 2017 at 8:39 AM.

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 10:28 PM

Hopefully they can at least keep it on a seasonal basis.

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 11:22 PM

Does anyone know the O&D stats for SLC? Either Domestic/International breakdown or general?

Old Posted May 29, 2017, 11:37 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West