HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 5:33 PM

My guess would be that they would want to take care of elements that are obligations under Fastracks to check them off the list - the L line extension seem like the most likely because of the cost. I suppose anything is possible if RTD is approached by a private contractor as on the last few lines.

Looking at that new map, I can't help but wonder if an L line extension up and down 19th was ever considered. It sort of jumps off the page as a logical way to get higher capacity transit to Union Station, and seems more useful than the extension to 38th and Blake (which of course they are on the hook for either way because of Fastracks). It seems like it would make that entire L-line more useful by providing connections to the G, N, and other bus connections rather than just the A line at its 38th and Blake connection, and still provide all of the other connections at 19th and California. It would also take away the need for the MetroRide. It might require the removal of a turn lane, but the one-block stretch between California and Welton already shows how a 2-way light rail cross section can fit onto 19th Street.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 5:43 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
Cirrus, do we have to be nice to the new mod?

Wong, how do your projections take into account rail from Pueblo to Ft. Collins? I have Front Range Rail being a reality in 2118 with an updated Hyperloop.
By 2118 Pueblo should be the global capital of Earth and the global Hyerploop network will have it's central node there. Denver will be too unimportant to be integrated.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jan 21, 2018, 4:59 AM
cities|transit|croissants

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
Cirrus, do we have to be nice to the new mod?
Let me tell you my reactions to this comment, in the order they entered my brain:

First reaction: LOL

Second reaction: OMG it's been 10 years

Third reaction: LOL we should de-mod him

Fourth reaction: LOL nah

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 4:17 AM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Cirrus didn't say we had to be nice, and his reactions imply that we should be mean.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West