HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Aug 12, 2018, 10:55 PM

I spent a lot of time there in the early 2010s because my best friend use to live on the hill near the hospital. Always felt like it was the 1970s when I was there. I will say that Franciscan University and Beatty Park which are right outside downtown feel like a oasis. Beatty Park has an excellent disc golf course.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 2:04 AM

I have a friend that has a beautiful piece of land on a pond just east of Weirton in PA, and her husbands fam is from the area. Last year he took us on a tour of the depressed areas of the Ohio valley. To put it nicely, this tour makes the town look A LOT nicer and in better shape than it is. The whole area is fascinating though. I am especially interested in Wheeling...some beautiful architecture there, and that town is trying hard to come back.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 7:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblcut3 View Post
Sadly you are right. As much as I love the area, it has no real future. The best they can do really is clean up the towns and make them nice looking small towns. This area's peak is long gone unfortunately. That's part of the reason I like the area though - it's pretty neat to see buildings like these that area just a shell of what was once a prosperous area. That being said, Steubenville in particular is really fucked - Mainly because it was built as a mid-size town but now doesn't have the population to support it. There's really no way to fix up the bad city neighborhoods because there simply is no population to move in and fix those areas - they will just slowly become abandoned.

And even though I enjoyed looking around Downtown, it really felt eerie and like a ghost town. There was just no life down there. I sort of understand why no one likes to go down there anymore! I highly doubt I'll be back for a long time. And I'll have to try Yorgo's! I've heard it's good but I haven't gotten the chance to go yet. Just wondering, what type of work do you do in Steubenville?
They do have future only if making up policy to attract foreigners with multipal billions of dollars of investment and then set up strict English tests to confiscate all assets from people who have not passed and deport them out of the country.

Then to offer free homes and funds and business opportunities to college graduates.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNMike View Post
I have a friend that has a beautiful piece of land on a pond just east of Weirton in PA, and her husbands fam is from the area. Last year he took us on a tour of the depressed areas of the Ohio valley. To put it nicely, this tour makes the town look A LOT nicer and in better shape than it is. The whole area is fascinating though. I am especially interested in Wheeling...some beautiful architecture there, and that town is trying hard to come back.
Yeah, I wasn't really trying to make it look nicer, but I will admit that being there in person is a whole different experience! It is definetely not that kept up in Steubenville. Some towns are still kept up well, such as Toronto and Wintersville, but most down that way are not that good.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2018, 8:31 PM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

Thanks for this.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 7:14 PM
Beer Stampede

Nice picture thread!! Damn shame that it's going south!! Hopefully, some good fortunes will come their way before it all disappears!!

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcexpress69 View Post
Nice picture thread!! Damn shame that it's going south!! Hopefully, some good fortunes will come their way before it all disappears!!
Unfortunately it will all disappear. Outside of Wheeling, I can't foresee much happening in the future.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos