HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 12:51 AM
perhaps . . .

I repeat: just get rid of the parking passes altogether. Then you don't need to worry about the parking economy, parking administration, or social engineering.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 6:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
Note sure why some think the price of parking should be 250-400/month. The cost for a new parking stall is between $20-40K per spot, using the high figure of $40K and financing that at 3% would still only cost you $100/month.
Given the present councils previous decisions it's hard not to think there is social engineering at work here yet again. I just fail to accept they've all of a sudden taken a market price philosophy. Lets see what happens with the SEFC land lease rates and if they see a similar 700% jump.
That all said I'm okay with the purposed increase... just feel it's madness to do it at once and instead should be done over several years.
well they are grandfathering in the people who already have one, so that is good for them. only the new applicants will be charged the new rate. the city has put this off for awhile and it is about time they increase the prices. keeping it artificially low is madness. the West End also is amazingly central for most things and has a lack of space. the problem is all of the empty off-street parking. there is no way for the city to legislate the max pricing of those spots. this is completely needed for the West End.

well SEFC is going to end up with parking meters since we all know the only reason for it not being parking meters already is due to political factors. plus they have already made it 1hr turnover instead of the 2hr.

one day there will be a city wide permit, and i support that 100%. people should be forced to park on THEIR properties; not on city streets.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2016, 1:32 PM

Roads should be used for mobility, not parked cars. It's as inefficient as surface parking lots.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues